• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Dueling Network and YGO Pro (unofficial simulators) Taken Down

Dueling Network
oH6m5Su.png

YGO Pro
Rr3a3I8.png

Back in March 2016 Dueling Network was given a C&D by a firm representing Nihon Ad Systems so this is most likely the third party mentioned.
A law firm claiming to be acting on the behalf of Nihon Ad Systems (NAS), an animation production and licensing company that currently manages many of the rights of the Yu-Gi-Oh! series, has filed a cease and desist order to the popular third-party online duel simulator.

According to head administrators from Dueling Network, the website was ordered to remove all imagery relating to the Yu-Gi-Oh! trading card game and animated series.

Currently, there is no evidence to imply any involvement on the behalf of Konami.

Well, guess it's back to the outdated official video games
and the new 3DS that doesn't have traditional duels.

Hopeford

While this is sad since there aren't a lot of Yugioh video games being translated anymore(think the last tag force didn't even come out in the west) I admit I was always kind of baffled at how those games stayed up as long as they did given all the legality around them.

Eh YGOPro will live on. I'm still able to jump onto their EU and US servers and play games with people and that's good enough for now. Plus it's a fantastic program that isn't too difficult to add cards for given the mod community for it.

Takao

Banned
Hopefully this means that Konami has a another browser game pla- oh who am I kidding?

Konami actually announced a new Yu-Gi-Oh! game for PC. Given both Saikyo Card Battle and Duel Links use Speed Duels, I'd hold off on getting excited.

Devpro still works, and it's basically the same as YGOpro anyways

Yeah and didn't they update the client to use some kind of server based updating? I've noticed when I launch it and there are bug fixes and new cards added without me having to download an update.

Someone will just upload the zip to megashare or torrent to keep it available.

This is really bizarre, both sites have been operating for like...ever. Wonder why they just now decided to do something? It's kind of a shame, they were great for deck building, even though actually playing on there was a crapshoot for whether or not the person would just get salty and afk on you.

Dahbomb

Man this is really really really lame....

Rest in pepperonis.

RIP in peace YGO.

I have to imagine that Konami is about to bring out an online F2P YGO. O

Fj0823

Man this is really really really lame....

Rest in pepperonis.

RIP in peace YGO.

I have to imagine that Konami is about to bring out an online F2P YGO. O

YGO Pachinko,with Erotic Dark Magician Girl on Gagaga Girl violence.

Coming Soon.

Do you rike it?

Dahbomb

God I hate Konami. Literally the only thing of their that was worth following and now it's hard for a lot of folks to follow. It's very difficult to follow the TCG with all the cards in the game now, the online versions was a good way to get into the game without much investment.

At least update Legacy of Duelist on PS4...

Well I'm just done with Konami. That is just fucked up. First they take down YGOpro app on the google market which I get it... and now they take everything else down including DN?

DJKhaled

This is really bizarre, both sites have been operating for like...ever. Wonder why they just now decided to do something? It's kind of a shame, they were great for deck building, even though actually playing on there was a crapshoot for whether or not the person would just get salty and afk on you.

I'd say it's because they are going to release their own official Yu-Gi-Oh PC game like they announced at the end of last year.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/yu-gi-oh-mobile-3ds-and-pc-games-coming-2016-499053

People on here are going crazy but it's fair enough, they let them run but now they are releasing an official game I don't see the harm in them taking down unofficial games that could potentially steal their revenue.

YGO Pachinko,with Erotic Dark Magician Girl on Gagaga Girl violence.

Coming Soon.

Do you rike it?
N-No?

Can I please have my tradtional Yu-Gi-Oh Duels with loads of deck expansions instead of this pachinko game, Papa Konami?

Haven't played YGO as much nowadays but I feel bad for the community. Struggle on y'all.

nekomix

Giving a proper alternative would be the first thing to do. Oh well, there goes the Yu-Gi-Oh license down the toilet...

Sandfox

God I hate Konami. Literally the only thing of their that was worth following and now it's hard for a lot of folks to follow. It's very difficult to follow the TCG with all the cards in the game now, the online versions was a good way to get into the game without much investment.

At least update Legacy of Duelist on PS4...

Well I'm just done with Konami. That is just fucked up. First they take down YGOpro app on the google market which I get it... and now they take everything else down including DN?

Konami isn't the one who had them taken down.

It's in the OP.

Also, Legacy of the Duelist is getting a major update in the winter.

Lucumo

Sad to hear these news, I used to play on Dueling Network for a while...even checked just 5 days ago to see whether it was still running.

Fj0823

While certainly not the end of YGO.

It really sucks for those who understandably just want to play the game without paying a fuckton to build a deck.

Top Bottom