• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu Suzuki and DS scammed STEAM Shenmue 3 KS backers by giving them a different version of software.

MMaRsu

Banned
I agree with the Pizza delivery guy, or Pizza box analogy. The product being delivered is the same, method of delivery differs so it should be a non-issue. Unless, and this is really at the heart of the matter, the delivery method differs so greatly that it actually changes the experience. So those of you in the refund camp, please tell me what makes EGS so horrible compared to Steam.

Literally every single thing?

Stop comparing this to a fucking pizza delivery you numbskulls

ethomaz

Banned
Its like ordering a pizza and complaining the delivery driver was Asian and not white.
Exactly.

People thinking the pizza (game) will taste (play) different due the Asian driver (Epic) is really funny lol

not really, the content and delivery didnt change in your comparision. another bad one. if you dont care for garlic, its cool. but i do.
The content and delivery is not changing lol it still the same game you will play from a digital download no matter the store front.

Last edited:

Jenenser

Never underestimate autistic fanboys.
care to answer my question?
do you play on pc and what was your opinion on games for windows life?

Exactly.

People thinking the pizza (game) will taste (play) different due the Asian driver (Epic) is really funny lol

not really and it doesnt seem like you have an idea what you are talking about.

The content and delivery is not changing lol it still the same game you will play from a digital download no matter the store front.

and again, not really. thats why i made the comparision with free condiments like garlic and chilli. they are now missing. and steam has more uses than just starting a game. if you stay on that rail, you invalidate your own argument. i repeat, you might not care for it and that is ok. but dont tell others they shouldnt care either.

Last edited:

Holammer

They promised a Steam version in their pre-E3 kickstarter post, just six days before this announcement. So the decision was only days/hours fresh when they revealed it on stage. Expect to see stickers covering references to Steam on the Physical PC boxes (again).

metro-exodus-physical-pc-580x334.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
This is how it looks like if you go and select which copy you want from the KS.

UhTm6SK.png

I know this because I switched to PS4 this morning to avoid the EGS. But don't give me that "they never promised Steam" bullshit. I would go for a refund if it was available 100%.
That is not for KS.

nikolino840

They promised a Steam version in their pre-E3 kickstarter post, just six days before this announcement. So the decision was only days/hours fresh when they revealed it on stage. Expect to see stickers covering references to Steam on the Physical PC boxes (again).

metro-exodus-physical-pc-580x334.jpg
Becouse at that time they chosed steam as digital store,Is not part of the goal in kickstarter,or steam or no pc version,find the goal about that

That is not for KS.
The Kickstarter sends you there, because Fangamer is handling all things surrounding this game.
Fangamer and Third Party Use of Personal Information

YS NET has a written contract with Fangamer to carry out the backer surveys. Fangamer is a formal representative of YS NET to help process and fulfill all backer's orders through the surveys. Personal information is handed over and treated in accordance with the privacy policies of both companies for the purposes of conducting the surveys and reward delivery only. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Source

ethomaz

Banned
It really isnt though? Do you even understand the difference between steam and the egs?
Ohhhh now Steam and EGS are so different in launch a game lol

Just because feature wise they are are different didn’t make it main goal different. Both are pretty equal in make your game start to you play it.

Seems like you think Steam is a game when it is only a Store front to launch the real game.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
care to answer my question?
do you play on pc and what was your opinion on games for windows life?

You mean games that themselves required additional autetication and were changed compared to games from other platform ?
GFWL problem was that it was separate DRM on top of DRM. Much like you need to login into Ubiplay when you play ubi games on steam.

not really and it doesnt seem like you have an idea what you are talking about.

He does actually. He makes perfect point. If game was released only via physical channel i doubt you would give single fuck.

and again, not really. thats why i made the comparision with free condiments like garlic and chilli. they are now missing. and steam has more uses than just starting a game. if you stay on that rail, you invalidate your own argument. i repeat, you might not care for it and that is ok. but dont tell others they shouldnt care either.

No one plays steam. People play games. If you need steam to enjoy games then there is something wrong with you.
I guess if some dev want to release their game on their own site you will also complain "no steam, won't be playing it"

Steam fanboys are the worst.

Your ignorance and stupidity knows no bounds

Fuck off woth your disengenious arguments. 1st world problems who cares stop whing waaaaaaaaaaah why eont you listen to me

blah blah blah retard !
Good arguments all around proving my point about steam fanboys.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Ohhhh now Steam and EGS are so different in launch a game lol

Just because feature wise they are are different didn’t make it main goal different.

Both are pretty equal in make your game start to you play it.

Sure keep acting like a retard if that pleases you

MMaRsu

Banned
You mean games that themselves required additional autetication and were changed compared to games from other platform ?
GFWL problem was that it was separate DRM on top of DRM. Much like you need to login into Ubiplay when you play ubi games on steam.

He does actually. He makes perfect point. If game was released only via physical channel i doubt you would give single fuck.

No one plays steam. People play games. If you need steam to enjoy games then there is something wrong with you.
I guess if some dev want to release their game on their own site you will also complain "no steam, won't be playing it"

blah blah blah retard !
Good arguments all around proving my point about steam fanboys.

yeah fuck off you corporate shill Im no steam fanboy at all, i use various non intrusive launchers that dont hold games hostage.

disengenious fuck

Jenenser

Yes it is.

Yes I’m no matter what crazy ideia you got in your mind.

you not caring for the value that steam brings, doenst mean others shouldnt care.
so no, you arent spot on. your disengenious of your argument because you chose to ignore parts of it. thats why i made the comparision with condiments, that you wont get now. because egs has no value in itself. the pizzaboycomparision is stiupid, because neither an asain or a white pizzaguy adds value to your pizza.

nothing to do with crazy. if you numbskull dont get it, agree to disagree then.

Dontero

Banned
yeah fuck off you corporate shill Im no steam fanboy at all, i use various non intrusive launchers that dont hold games hostage.

disengenious fuck

Sure you aren't lol. Also games are not held hostage. Epic just proposes them good money and they all willingly come to their store because it is much better for them to release their game on store that cares about their games instead of fighting everyone else and get nothing from Velve.

Something called competition for developers where developers win and in the end players will win because more money for developers = more games for people to play and better games made. competition 101.

Senhua

The only one I don't understand is why someone willing to change it to PS4 digital version rather than stick to EGS?
You cannot mod it, no have some certainty about backward compatible, PSN is the worst option for all three digital store in my opinion.

ethomaz

Banned
you not caring for the value that steam brings, doenst mean others shouldnt care.
so no, you arent spot on. your disengenious of your argument because you chose to ignore parts of it. thats why i made the comparision with condiments, that you wont get now. because egs has no value in itself. the pizzaboycomparision is stiupid, because neither an asain or a white pizzaguy adds value to your pizza.

nothing to do with crazy. if you numbskull dont get it, agree to disagree then.
Because condiments makes the pizza different.

An store front didn’t change the game you play... it is exactly the same.

Only the delivery is being changed... if the delivery driver accept only money or others payment method is a feature of each specific deliver drive that didn’t affect the pizza at all.

Steam and EGS can be a hell of different feature wise but at the end they do the same... launch your game... the same exactly game.

What you bought... the license to play Shenmue 3 is exactly the same on Steam, EGS or sky other store launcher.

do you even know the difference between steam and egs? Answer me that first if you even can
Yes I know but a feature list war between different store fronts has no place in the subject in question.

You pledged to play a game... you will play the exactly same game no matter Steam, EGS, or any other launcher.

Last edited:

Jenenser

gfwl was anticonsumer bullshit. people didnt buy into microsofts bullshit and it died.
i dont give a fuck where shenmue is released. i came here because of the info and then read an abyssimal analogy, that didnt really work.

you dont need steam to enjoy a game, but it adds value. (the amount is different from person to person)

and egs makes perfect sense for shenmue, ue4 and all. i can still be pissy about the way epic is goin on with moneyhats.

dont you understand that egs is not killing steam, but all the other shops who sell keys?

Shifty

Another developer platform switch thread, another fresh set of posters engaging in 'buh iz jus anuvver launcher nerp derp' despite an ever mounting pile of evidence to the contrary.

Y'all motherfuckers need to learn to read, and hopefully catch a ban to straighten out your disingenuous shit.

Last edited:

Skyr

The only one I don't understand is why someone willing to change it to PS4 digital version rather than stick to EGS?
You cannot mod it, no have some certainty about backward compatible, PSN is the worst option for all three digital store in my opinion.

Well I switched because:

- I don't care about mods

- It's 99% sure that it will be backwards compatible on PS5
(If not I could get it for cheap on PC down the line)

- The graphics def don't look like they will take advantage of my 1080ti anyway

MMaRsu

Banned
gfwl was anticonsumer bullshit. people didnt buy into microsofts bullshit and it died.
i dont give a fuck where shenmue is released. i came here because of the info and then read an abyssimal analogy, that didnt really work.

you dont need steam to enjoy a game, but it adds value. (the amount is different from person to person)

and egs makes perfect sense for shenmue, ue4 and all. i can still be pissy about the way epic is goin on with moneyhats.

dont you understand that egs is not killing steam, but all the other shops who sell keys?

Hilarious how little understanding of the pc market you have.

MMaRsu

Banned
No thanks, not gonna go through this song & dance again with people who dont have a single clue about how the pc market works.

Third party retailers destroying steam.. lulz you are a funny guy

Jenenser

No thanks, not gonna go through this song & dance again with people who dont have a single clue about how the pc market works.

Third party retailers destroying steam.. lulz you are a funny guy

i think you misunderstood me.

im saying egs is destroying third party retailers.

"dont you understand that egs is not killing steam, but all the other shops who sell keys? "
let me rephrase that for you
dont you understand that egs is not killing steam, but it is killing all the other shops who sell keys.

better? or do you still wanna antagonize people who hold the same opinion as you and are arguing since 2 pages ago?
take a chillpill and read what i wrote in this thread. -.-*

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned

GFWL died because it was bad software stack that was detrimental to ease of use of game and it had nothing to do with "anti-consumer" practices. Also it didn't die because people didn't like it. It died because MS stopped giving fuck about it pretty much from the moment when they released it on PC and its DRM feature became useless very quickly. MS also didn't pay anyone for using their software stack. IT was DRM for games and developers on their chose to include it in order to defend against piracy.

This situation literally has nothing to do with Epic shop or is even remotely in same basket.

White is black, sky is green and red car is actually yellow.
Just because you say something it doesn't make it true.
Logic is sound and it was good argument for which you don't really have any answer.
Because you can't since logic was good.

Since you don't need steam to enjoy game then what is the fuzz here ?
I can easily understand someone saying that he just want to play with his friends this game and all of them are on steam, at least such argument is debatable.

You do realize that this is developer choice not Epic to make ? Epic like any proper business fight for their shop to excel proposing deals to developers in order to promote their shop. For those developers getting 12 cut instead of 30% might be difference between shutting down and making sequel to their game or even enhancing their game to make it better.

This is part of what is called competition. I really want multiple stores fighting for devs all around because that will benefit both consumers and developers in long run. Capitalism 101.

If shop sells keys to other shop then it is not a shop to begin with, their existence relies only on Steam not closing loopholes which eventually will be shut down. There is plenty of talk in industry about key validation system which would quickly kill those kind of shops because developers are not happy when some media markt shop just sells their keys for 1$ because higherups want to order new keys for different game. Secondly from what i understand EGS plans to run their own gift system very soon which means those shops will run like they used to.

Velve already is in violation of EU law as they do not give ability to sell your digital games and there was some court talk like 2 years ago but so far nothing conclusive and will be probably resolved in next few years.

Last edited:

Jenenser

GFWL died because it was bad software stack that was detrimental to ease of use of game and it had nothing to do with "anti-consumer" practices. Also it didn't die because people didn't like it. It died because MS stopped giving fuck about it pretty much from the moment when they released it on PC and its DRM feature became useless very quickly. MS also didn't pay anyone for using their software stack. IT was DRM for games and developers on their chose to include it in order to defend against piracy.

This situation literally has nothing to do with Epic shop or is even remotely in same basket.

White is black, sky is green and red car is actually yellow.
Just because you say something it doesn't make it true.
Logic is sound and it was good argument for which you don't really have any answer.
Because you can't since logic was good.

Since you don't need steam to enjoy game then what is the fuzz here ?
I can easily understand someone saying that he just want to play with his friends this game and all of them are on steam, at least such argument is debatable.

You do realize that this is developer choice not Epic to make ? Epic like any proper business fight for their shop to excel proposing deals to developers in order to promote their shop. For those developers getting 12 cut instead of 30% might be difference between shutting down and making sequel to their game or even enhancing their game to make it better.

This is part of what is called competition. I really want multiple stores fighting for devs all around because that will benefit both consumers and developers in long run. Capitalism 101.

If shop sells keys to other shop then it is not a shop to begin with, their existence relies only on Steam not closing loopholes which eventually will be shut down. There is plenty of talk in industry about key validation system which would quickly kill those kind of shops because developers are not happy when some media markt shop just sells their keys for 1$ because higherups want to order new keys for different game. Secondly from what i understand EGS plans to run their own gift system very soon which means those shops will run like they used to.

Velve already is in violation of EU law as they do not give ability to sell your digital games and there was some court talk like 2 years ago but so far nothing conclusive and will be probably resolved in next few years.

they release it in 2005, made it free at 2008 and killed it 2012. they tried to build a walled garden. consumers didnt like it and didnt use it nor paid for it.

i can since its a bad comparision. you chosing to ignore why it isnt, doesnt make it logical. and btw, i started arguing even before the deliveriguycomparision, because people tried to say its a different pizza.

i already said, the value steam brings is different from person to person.

steam didnt close these "loopholes" (btw, they arent loopholes) for 15 years, they wont start now because its a semiopen platform and allows competition. steam deliberately creates these keys for the developer/publuisher, so they can sell them to third partys. steam isnt selling them, the developer/publisher is.

egs will be in the same boat, so i dont really get why you bring that up.

Blancka

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Epic and Steam, the fact that they changed the product means people should be granted a refund if they ask for it.

Kickstarter isn't a pre-order service. I get the outrage to a degree, but I have no sympathy. Either understand the risks or stay off crowdfunding sites. You're not buying anything from them, you're donating.

FStubbs

I agree with the Pizza delivery guy, or Pizza box analogy. The product being delivered is the same. Only the method of delivery differs so it should be a non-issue. Unless, and this is really at the heart of the matter, the delivery method differs so greatly that it actually changes the experience. So those of you in the refund camp, please tell me what makes EGS so horrible compared to Steam.

You pay to have a fancy Deep Dish pizza delivered by uber eats. The restaurant then calls to tell you that your pizza will now be delivered by some shady gangsters 15 minutes later but hey you're still getting a pizza!

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Literally every single thing?

Stop comparing this to a fucking pizza delivery you numbskulls
Sure keep acting like a retard if that pleases you

disengenious fuck

Knock off the petty insults. If you have a point to argue, you can do so without the childish mudslinging.

Top Bottom