Yu Suzuki and Mark Cerny talk Shenmue III strategy?!

Mifune

Mehmber
Jan 19, 2005
Los Angeles

And Cliffy responds:

Cliff Bleszinski ‏@therealcliffyb 2h
MEGATON ALERT TEH GAF "@megganpez: Mark Cerny & Yu Suzuki talking strategy for Shenmue III. For reals you guys.

Combine with this tidbit from January of last year:
Yu Suzuki: "We can obtain Shenmue license from Sega."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ense-from-sega

He definitely still wants to make the game and has the means to get the rights. So...believe?

Thoraxes

Jan 12, 2009
soundcloud.com
I think this is the only thing that would make me buy a PS4 sooner rather than 3 years into its lifecycle.

They sure are good at letting us dream though.

Game Guru

Dec 14, 2010
You know, Sega letting first-parties pay for and publish games is starting to look like a pretty cool decision. First Bayonetta, now hopefully Shenmue.

Sega's returned to being a first-party, you just don't know it, yet! =P

Xater

Jul 28, 2007
There is a god!

Make this shit happen Cerny!

This is never going to happen :(

Striek

Jan 24, 2005
You know that decade old dead series that was never on a PlayStation console?

Sony is totally gonna moneyhat a sequel guiz.

Neogaf, believe.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mar 28, 2010
You know, Sega letting first-parties pay for and publish games is starting to look like a pretty cool decision. First, Bayonetta, now Shenmue.

Sega's returned to being a first-party, you just don't know it, yet! =P
Bayonetta 2 has absolutely no involvement with Sega.

Hackbert

Sep 14, 2011
OL, Germany
i had to check my calendar... Nahh too early. But nevertheless i do not believe that yet. I thought Mr. Suzuki was thinking of Kickstarter?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Jun 8, 2004
I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'll buy whatever system a proper Shenmue III game (or even real remakes of the first ones) is released one. Heck, I'll buy it twice just to be sure.
Not that I believe it's ever going to happen :/

Tratorn

Sep 2, 2011
So for me this "For reals you guys" sounds quite like sarcasm...?
Wouldn't take that serious.

Reiko

Banned
Apr 29, 2012
I find it hilarious that CliffyB chimed in since he took part in that made up Shenmue 3 video with Yu Suzuki for Mega 64.

MightyKAC

May 4, 2008
i had to check my calendar... Nahh too early. But nevertheless i do not believe that yet. I thought Mr. Suzuki was thinking of Kickstarter?
No, it's not too early at all. A troll like this would take a few days to cook up.

If it were any other time of the year I *MIGHT* have taken the bait, but not here and not now.

I'd gladly put crows on the endangered species list all by myself if it turned out to be true.