• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu Suzuki and Mark Cerny talk Shenmue III strategy?!

Mifune

Mehmber
A0tLDMS.png

And Cliffy responds:

Cliff Bleszinski ‏@therealcliffyb 2h
MEGATON ALERT TEH GAF "@megganpez: Mark Cerny & Yu Suzuki talking strategy for Shenmue III. For reals you guys.

Combine with this tidbit from January of last year:
Yu Suzuki: "We can obtain Shenmue license from Sega."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ense-from-sega

He definitely still wants to make the game and has the means to get the rights. So...believe?

Thoraxes

I think this is the only thing that would make me buy a PS4 sooner rather than 3 years into its lifecycle.

They sure are good at letting us dream though.

Game Guru

You know, Sega letting first-parties pay for and publish games is starting to look like a pretty cool decision. First Bayonetta, now hopefully Shenmue.

Sega's returned to being a first-party, you just don't know it, yet! =P

Striek

You know that decade old dead series that was never on a PlayStation console?

Sony is totally gonna moneyhat a sequel guiz.

Neogaf, believe.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, Sega letting first-parties pay for and publish games is starting to look like a pretty cool decision. First, Bayonetta, now Shenmue.

Sega's returned to being a first-party, you just don't know it, yet! =P

Bayonetta 2 has absolutely no involvement with Sega.

Hackbert

i had to check my calendar... Nahh too early. But nevertheless i do not believe that yet. I thought Mr. Suzuki was thinking of Kickstarter?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'll buy whatever system a proper Shenmue III game (or even real remakes of the first ones) is released one. Heck, I'll buy it twice just to be sure.
Not that I believe it's ever going to happen :/

Reiko

Banned
I find it hilarious that CliffyB chimed in since he took part in that made up Shenmue 3 video with Yu Suzuki for Mega 64.

MightyKAC

i had to check my calendar... Nahh too early. But nevertheless i do not believe that yet. I thought Mr. Suzuki was thinking of Kickstarter?

No, it's not too early at all. A troll like this would take a few days to cook up.

If it were any other time of the year I *MIGHT* have taken the bait, but not here and not now.

I'd gladly put crows on the endangered species list all by myself if it turned out to be true.

Top Bottom