• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu Suzuki's Plans for 2020: "A New Project Start"

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Japanese website Famitsu.com has published their traditional annual survey of members of the games industry, this time interviewing a total of 110 game creators. They were asked to choose a word that sums up their direction for the coming year, as well as their New Year's Resolution and goal for the coming year.

Here are the answers Yu Suzuki provided for the coming year:

Q: What is your keyword for 2020?
YS:
"A new project start".
Q: What is your New Year's Resolution?
YS:
To leverage my know-how from Shenmue III and focus on planning a world with even more freedom.

Enjay

Banned
I don't. Shenmue 1 and 2 were way more mechanically sound and had much better combat than the last one that he made on the unreal engine.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
lol he has no plans other than sitting on his epic and kickstarter money.
You know he had to pay a team of people for several years out of that money right? And studio rent. And hardware. And keep the lights on. He doesn't have some giant pile of cash.

Enjay

Banned
Next thing yous will try to push on here is that he willingly sent the shenmue ip to die for our sins.

Naibel

I backed Shenmue 3 nearly 5 years ago, and I'm totally ok with it.

I played it and it's exactly what I wanted. I'm actually surprised at how good it looks (apart from some ugly NPC faces, ugh...).

It's still a Shenmue game through and through, with its good parts and its flaws. The combat system is ok, and I liked leveling my character moves. So at the end of the day, I wasn't disappointed one bit.

The only thing that really irked me is that god-awful title screen. That's some amateur shit. They should have done something similar to the previous games, with that sweet sweet ambient music. Why Yu, why ?

With that out of the way, I'm looking forward to his next project. Shenmue IV seems out of the question for now, but I really hope he'll finish Ryo's story one way or another. If he makes a Kickstarter again, I'm gonna back again, he's gonna have my word !

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I think he's gonna do a fighting game next, or a new IP.

No way he can get funding for Shenmue IV.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Gamers seem to like Shenmue 1-2 a lot, maybe just tell us your new project, I assume it will be in the same arena as Shenmue.

Top Bottom