• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yuji Naka's fishing game (Animal Crossing meets Endless Ocean but with lures) for Wii

Boerseun

Banned
This looks great! Yuji Naka has been kicking ass on Wii for years now. It's a shame most people don't seem to have kept up.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This could have been huge it if had come out a few years ago. I doubt it will even leave Japan now. If it does, I shall purchase it.

ShinNL

Wow, I really love what this trailer showed. I want more games like these. I love Animal Crossing, Go Vacation looks awesome and this looks really relaxing. I'm an adult who loves this kind of stuff. Please localize :(?

Social

The characters look like 360 avatars. Graphics are ok I guess. If it's full of secrets and special fish etc... this could be fun!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's kind of depressing that games like this will never come out on the HD twins(though I guess Rune Factory counts)

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
It's very odd seeing the Mii-like characters holding realistic fish.
zoner said:
It's kind of depressing that games like this will never come out on the HD twins(though I guess Rune Factory counts)
The much misconstrued quote about PS4 appealing to women and kids was I think about expanding the market next-gen so there's a place for games like this as well as your standard 'AAA' core titles.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
We Ski sold pretty well, along with Deca Sports and of course Carnival Games. I expect the same to happen for Go Vacation! and for Family Fishing (if it comes here).

I mean, seriously... Out of all the titles Probe has made, THIS has the best shot of actually being a financial success.

I hope this makes it over. If Scamco doesn't want to, perhaps Xseed will do it? I know it's not their usual sort of thing, but it looks adventurey and they like Prope.

SEGA Bass fishing is back bab...yeah I have no clue what I'm saying.

Plastic dooms its release anywhere else I feel.
Skiesofwonder said:
Surely if Let's Tap (from Probe) can come over here then this can too.
Have you noticed how the other Prope games (this and Ivy the Kiwi) are not published by SEGA who published Let's Tap and Let's Catch? Let's Tap, more like Let's Bomba.

Also Ivy the Kiwi was a hard sale, lead platform is Wii, yet the first one to comeout was a port to the Windows phone becuase nobody wanted to publish the Wii game. Several months later Namco bought it Japan then in the West XSeed and Rising Star games handled the rest...except both those skipped Ivy the Kiwi Mini on WiiWare for some reason.

I like Prope but their games seem to be flops. Though that said they designed one of the games in Wii Play Motion but the first one they did got rejected due to being too similar to another game in Wii Play Motion.

ziran

This looks great!

And it's in really good hands with Naka at the helm. Hope it gets localised, if not, I'll import. Love a good bit of console fishing!

Top Bottom