• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yusuf Mehdi: In the long run our console will win

Translated from one of the main general papers in Spain:

http://translate.google.es/translat.../17/actualidad/1371450808_152102.html&act=url

I corrected the most striking quotes from the translation:

We unveiled 20 titles for Xbox One, of which 17 are exclusive to this console. I do not think Sony can say the same. What I hear is that before launching we are better positioned, with a complete value proposition. With the installed Skype voice service and Kinect motion sensor included. No point in winning a show, because the test will be the consumer. In the long run our console will win.

In answer to the question:
Is not it excessive to have to connect at least every 24 hours for it to work?

No. It is a mere connection to check who the user is and what is in your account. It doesn´t require a powerful connection. Just use a mobile for the check.

Are we witnessing the last generation with physical based support?

I understand that there are moments when you want to have the physical product, as with children at Christmas, you do not have patience to download. Each country is different, with their customs, and other connections, so we decided to leave.

Kyon

Banned
17 of those are not exlusive. Unless he meant exclusive to MS consoles then yeah

Also if they think they're fooling anyone by paying for 3rd party timed exclusives and passing them off as 1st party exclusive... a mess

last 3 years of 360 life had little to no exclusives or support from them. Supporting your console in the beginning is normal.

The results will show after launch

sunnz

Translated from one of the main general papers in Spain:

http://translate.google.es/translat.../17/actualidad/1371450808_152102.html&act=url

We unveiled 20 titles for Xbox One, of which 17 are exclusive to this console. I do not think Sony can say the same. What I hear is that output, we are better positioned, with a complete value proposition. With the installed Skype voice service and Kinect motion sensor included. No use to me win a show, because the test will be the consumer. In the long run our console wins.

Is not it excessive to have to connect at least every 24 hours for it to work?

No. It is a mere connection to check who the user is and what is in your account. It requires a powerful connection. Just use a mobile for the check.

Give children and Santa thanks for not leaving physical based support,

Are we witnessing the last generation with physical based support?

I understand that there are moments when you want to have the physical product, as with children at Christmas, you do not have patience to download. Each country is different, with their customs, and other connections, so we decided to leave.

Cause SONY did not blow there load...

That is bad news to me, the only game that made me want to get an XBONE was DR3 and after hearing some of its news( cod crowd) I was put off a bit.
If this is what they will offer for the next year or two, then I guess I won't get a XBONE for a while.

btkadams

i hate that every company tries to confuse us with the term "exclusive". which games are actually exclusive and which one will come to the competitor platform a year later?

eastmen

Banned
So they are OK with a lauch Bomba. It will not make them rethink the DRM.

launch wont be a problem. They will still sell as many as they can make. If they spend to get more and more exclusives they will keep adding to the install base

i hate that every company tries to confuse us with the term "exclusive". which games are actually exclusive and which one will come to the competitor platform a year later?

A year is a long time to wait. A game like mass effect or fall out would be spoiled for many many people. A shooter can be eclipsed in a year by other games. Titan fall may be a great 2014 game but only a decent 2015 game based on the competition that year. I find it hard to wait a few months and avoid spoilers for pc games that get released first on the consoles.

17/20?

Something about that feels off... and if that's true... they must have really failed their presser because I SHOULD be excited about that vs ps4 which had almost none exclusives o_O

Vashetti

Banned
How many of those 'exclusive' games will end up multi-platform when devs/publishers aren't satisfied with the sale figures?

badgenome

We unveiled 20 titles for Xbox One, of which 17 are exclusive to this console. I do not think Sony can say the same.

They sure can't. By my count Sony unveiled exactly 0 titles for Xbox One. Those losers!

VanWinkle

About the games, Sony said they will have 20 exclusive first-party games in the FIRST YEAR. And you know what's crazy? We only know about FIVE of them so far. So there's still so many surprises in store for us. We already know nearly all of MS's lineup.

Pregunta. Durante la feria E3 se ha dado a PlayStation 4 como ganadora, sobre todo, por su precio, 100 euros más barata. ¿Qué opina?

Respuesta. Que en la feria E3 no se gana ni se pierde, sino que va solo de juegos.

Holy shit that damage control
KuGsj.gif

Microsoft, you couldn't sell more consoles than Sony last generation when they launched at a price tag that was one-hundred dollars more than yours.

How in the world are you going to sell more than Sony this time around while launching at a higher price, supporting policies that kills used games, and your console not being supported in Japan the year it launches?

fertygo

360 not even winning against PS3 bro.
Ok maybe they are, considering they the one that got the profit.. but still.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That number can't be right. I didn't count 17 exlusive games at all.

Also, PS4 has Octodad!

me neither.

ryse, forza 5, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Kinect sports heroes (preshow), Halo (does that even count?)
below (MS published?), titanfall (timed)

thats 9, of which I think only 7 are proper exclusive and one is just a name.

they announced 15 first party games would be coming in the first 12 months, Sony announced 20

I don't see how you get anywhere near 17 exclusives or Sony not being able to say the same because they said 20. Odd.

I don't know why GAF is bashing MS again in this thread.

What the guy says makes sense.

it does? Here is MS's own list of 'all games announced at E3'. Can you point out the 17 exclusive ones? Unless they're talking about exclusive DLC bullshit.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3/e3-xbox-one-games

Alx

I didn't think about the Santa argument, but it's true (although anecdotal I suppose), it's not the same thing to offer a download code on a piece of paper in a 100% digital market. :)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I don't know why GAF is bashing MS again in this thread.

What the guy says makes sense.

No it doesn't. They won't win in the long run because they have nothing to run with. They blew their load early on. Sony kept things for TGS (Does MS attends it?).
It's actually smarter because revealing more exciting games closer to release generates positive buzz not now when it's not needed, but in Fall when people are going to to go to stores and make the final decision.

sunnz

me neither.

ryse, forza 5, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Kinect sports heroes (preshow), Halo (does that even count?)
below (MS published?), titanfall (timed)

thats 9, of which I think only 7 are proper exclusive and one is just a name.

they announced 15 first party games would be coming in the first 12 months, Sony announced 20

I don't see how you get anywhere near 17 exclusives or Sony not being able to say the same because they said 20. Odd.

I think you need to included some of the indie games that they announced for the 360, plus games like that zombie vs flower: garden warfare.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
the more and more these guys talk, the more they remind me of Sony circa '06.

"with blu-ray we offer a better value proposition on PS3"

guess what, consumers don't care, whats valuable to them is money in their pocket.

Drek

How many of those 'exclusive' games will end up multi-platform when devs/publishers aren't satisfied with the sale figures?

Probably not too many since MS is publishing Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, etc..

But that 17 title list is basically ALL of MS' first party capacity, all the 3rd party deals they've struck, and some indie deals sprinkled in. They're literally everything we'll see from MS over the next couple of years.

Meanwhile Sony has shown us nothing but launch and Q1 titles with the exception of The Order 1886 which is from a contracted 3rd party. Yosp has said that pretty much every other studio has a PS4 game in development. Despite those limitations Sony has still shown about a dozen exclusives (if you don't count PC, which MS clearly doesn't).

Top Bottom