• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack and Wiki for $7.96 @ Toys R Us

DJ_Tet

Banned
Sorry if old, I did a search but didn't see anything..

It's clearanced at 20% off. Just got back from my local one and they had plenty of copies. The discount came off at the register, there's nothing in-store to indicate the price drop. Saw it at a topic at fat wallet.

Interesting. I randomly go by Toys R Us every now and then to see if they have any cheap games.. and just so happened to go today.

I saw a bunch of these, but no price tag. I just assumed they were $30 or so. I'll have to go back after work and pick one up.

Yaweee

Ordered it for $15 shipped. Looked for coupons online and found none. Still, a great deal; unless you live right on the ass of the a TRU, you'll pay about $10-12 over gas and taxes.

Gagaman

Bloody hell, I swear America always get better gaming deals than we do in the UK. The cheapest you can get this game over here still if £25...AKA $50. -_-

Owensboro

Holy crap.

All you people who own a Wii and haven't already bought this must buy 2. Srsly, its liek the laws and stuff.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Awesome, just ordered it online.

Much thanks to the OP

I AM JOHN! said:
Poor Zack and Wiki. You didn't deserve this. :(
I blame people who were waiting for this kind of price drop. I can't count how many posts I saw here on GAF alone where someone would recommend the game and some douche would say "Just wait a few months when it's in the bargain bin for $9.99 and get it then!". Then those same tards bitch about how there's nothing "hardcore/non casual" for the Wii by 3rd parties that doesn't suck. Same stupid shit I've read for No More Heroes. >=(

Grecco

Theres actually a decent amount of games on clearance at TRU. RE4 Wii Edition is 7.96 as well, and i picked up Beutiful Katamari for the 360 for this price.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
VeritasVierge said:
I blame people who were waiting for this kind of price drop. I can't count how many posts I saw here on GAF alone where someone would recommend the game and some douche would say "Just wait a few months when it's in the bargain bin for $9.99 and get it then!". Then those same tards bitch about how there's nothing "hardcore/non casual" for the Wii by 3rd parties that doesn't suck. Same stupid shit I've read for No More Heroes. >=(

I didn't buy it because honestly its not my genre and I'm pretty sure I'll get easily frustrated by the game. But for 15 bucks, what the hell.

schuelma said:
I didn't buy it because honestly its not my genre and I'm pretty sure I'll get easily frustrated by the game. But for 15 bucks, what the hell.

This is me. I've been getting frustrated a lot with games these days (when I finally have a chance to play, I do it to relax) so I've been reluctant.

Trying to decide if I should change my route home from work to hit TRU.

schuelma said:
That's different. It's the same as me not buying Umbrella Chronicles because I didn't feel like playing another zombie shooter. I'm talking strictly people who don't buy and play good games but bitch about their availability or lack there of on the Wii and practically anticipating their price drop. AKA Cheapskates that wish the game's failure to sell.

PacoDG

F'n sweet!

Isn't this a game that is no longer in production or something?

Either way, bought two copies, I can find someone to get that other copy to. Thanks for posting this OP!

(edit: I may be thinking of Elebits)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
just buy it people!
influx of lost souls in the official thread imminent : )

note to OP:

never, ever, post a thread title staring with 'zack & wiki' on a e3 week unless you mean to declare it being announced. you just gave me an adrenaline rush in the time i finished reading the thread title.

Gabyskra

Banned
Oh now come on. That's just insane.

The game is 50 euros here. That's what, 80 dollars? Your price times 10?

UGH.

And it's insanely good.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
schuelma said:

^ Me

Proven said:
Shit. By the time I get around to Times Square tomorrow it might be sold out.

:lol Joke?

bdouble

wow I am going to be going by one tomorrow and will definitely pick this up. Damn I can't believe I haven't yet.

DJ_Tet

Banned
blu said:
just buy it people!
influx of lost souls in the official thread imminent : )

note to OP:

never, ever, post a thread title staring with 'zack & wiki' on a e3 week unless you mean to declare it being announced. you just gave me an adrenaline rush in the time i finished reading the thread title.

:lol

My bad, I didn't think about it like that.

I played the first couple of levels last night. The production values on this game are great. It's a shame it didn't do well, reminds me of Beyond Good and Evil from last gen. I picked that game up at $20 like a month after it launched.

I know what the poster talking about CheapAssGamers pulling for the failure of good niche titles so they can pick them up on the cheap. It's too bad, games like this should be able to sell at full (wasn't it like a $40 launch title) price.

Top Bottom