• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack Snyder's Justice League Coming to HBO Max in 2021

Bolivar687

Banned
I saw the trailer, love that Leonard Cohen song and the trailer was cut decently...but come on guys. If this movie wasn't good at 2 hours, what the hell makes you think making it twice as long is going to make it be better?
I never saw the film, only bits and pieces and it looked B movieish to me. Couldn't bring myself to sit down for 2 hours despite my wife begging me too. Sure as shit ain't about to do it for 4 hours.

This is not an extended cut, these are more or less two completely different films. There are entire character sequences here that were removed for the theatrical cut and none of the new footage shot by Whedon, which includes almost everything we saw of Superman in the theatrical, is being used. It's a completely different score by a different composer. And Snyder's signature visual style is much more iconic than Whedon's.

It's also going to be a four-part miniseries, with the option to watch it as a single film.

McCheese

Epic trailer, and so much new footage. But of course, they are going to use as much new footage as possible in a 2-minute trailer.

HBO needs to be careful with peoples expectations I think, as I'm now going into this expecting a very different movie; if when I sit down and watch the whole film it's 80% re-cut and colour-graded existing footage I'm going to feel duped. Hopefully, they come out nearer the release with some statistics (i.e. 50% re-cut, 50% previously unseen) so we know what we're getting. If it's 50/50 and a better movie, that's good enough IMO. But when they denied enough footage even existed for this cut in the first place, maybe that's being over optimistic.

But as far as a trailer goes, Cyborg already seems more fleshed (sic) out in these 2 minutes than the Whedon cut.

Last edited:

frostyxc

If Quentin Tarantino said, "Hey simpleton, give me your footage, and I'll make something out of this trash," I'd be interested. Zack Snyder going back and completing his "vision" just makes me cringe. I will admit that I'm morbidly curious how out of control this dumpster fire will be, though.

LoV

Banned
If Quentin Tarantino said, "Hey simpleton, give me your footage, and I'll make something out of this trash," I'd be interested. Zack Snyder going back and completing his "vision" just makes me cringe. I will admit that I'm morbidly curious how out of control this dumpster fire will be, though.

He didn't even finish the movie as his daughter committed suicide and he left. WB took whatever was there, cut it smaller and gave it to campy Joss Whedon to make a shitty version.

I'm going to watch it before I give judgment.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Epic trailer, and so much new footage. But of course, they are going to use as much new footage as possible in a 2-minute trailer.

HBO needs to be careful with peoples expectations I think, as I'm now going into this expecting a very different movie; if when I sit down and watch the whole film it's 80% re-cut and colour-graded existing footage I'm going to feel duped. Hopefully, they come out nearer the release with some statistics (i.e. 50% re-cut, 50% previously unseen) so we know what we're getting. If it's 50/50 and a better movie, that's good enough IMO. But when they denied enough footage even existed for this cut in the first place, maybe that's being over optimistic.

But as far as a trailer goes, Cyborg already seems more fleshed (sic) out in these 2 minutes than the Whedon cut.

Whedon reshot about 80% of the movie. They redid Cyborg's story (his dad was still alive in the theatrical version and we never saw HIS origin), cut out Barry's origin, changed Steppenwolf, redid most of Superman's story arc, added unnecessary humor that wasn't very funny... This is prime studio meddling!

It's an almost totally new movie coming out!

Top Bottom