• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack Snyder's Justice League |OT| Tell Me...Do You Still Bleed?

ManaByte

Gold Member
and brings that trilogy to a proper end.

It ends with a cliffhanger that will go nowhere.

The Snyder crowd doesn't want to acknowledge reality that the movie that will reboot the DCEU begins filming next month and no amount of spamming #RestoreTheSnyderVerse will change that. HBO Max isn't spending $600M on two Justice League sequels (and WB won't allow them) when WB still has plans for the franchise following the reboot. The only reason this happened was because HBO Max could spend $70M on something already filmed for a big subscriber boost when they need it most.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

The Snyder crowd doesn't want to acknowledge reality that the movie that will reboot the DCEU begins filming next month and no amount of spamming #RestoreTheSnyderVerse will change that. HBO Max isn't spending $600M on two Justice League sequels (and WB won't allow them) when WB still has plans for the franchise following the reboot. The only reason this happened was because HBO Max could spend $70M on something already filmed for a big subscriber boost when they need it most.
You don't want to see JL 2 & 3 ?

ManaByte

Gold Member
You don't want to see JL 2 & 3 ?

It's a moot point because there's no reality where WB will allow HBO to make two $300M Justice League movies when they're handing the future of DC movies over to JJ Abrams with his Superman reboot (which then leads to a new JL reboot). They just gave him $500M to be exclusive to the studio. WB sees JJ Abrams (and Christina Hodsen) as their Feige. Abrams is producing Superman and they really want him to direct a DC tentpole. He's also building JL Dark on HBO Max where Constantine and Zatanna series lead into a JL Dark team up show.

HBO Max is getting DC movies from WB, but they're continuing in the canon DCEU following Josstice League. Batgirl is going to HBO Max and other stuff similar to that will as well while Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and the other main JL characters continue on the big screen.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Christ, they kept it in, did they? I remember reading the spoilers at the time when it seemed like they were deciding on what would go in and what wouldn't. Seems like they went with option stupid and retained it, despite the fact that nobody is giving Zack Snyder hundreds more millions of dollars to continue a movie series that was never popular with the majority of the audience in the first place. Also, The Batman is probably going to do huge business next year, and WB aren't going to piss Matt Reeves off to keep Zack Snyder's fans happy.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Christ, they kept it in, did they? I remember reading the spoilers at the time when it seemed like they were deciding on what would go in and what wouldn't. Seems like they went with option stupid and retained it, despite the fact that nobody is giving Zack Snyder hundreds more millions of dollars to continue a movie series that was never popular with the majority of the audience in the first place. Also, The Batman is probably going to do huge business next year, and WB aren't going to piss Matt Reeves off to keep Zack Snyder's fans happy.

Well there will be two Batmen. Battison in the solo movies which are set in a different universe (the trailer confirmed that due to the modern cellphones showing it was set in present day and not a Battfleck prequel like people want), and then Keaton is the DCEU Batman who interacts with the Justice League.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
It's a moot point because there's no reality where WB will allow HBO to make two $300M Justice League movies when they're handing the future of DC movies over to JJ Abrams with his Superman reboot (which then leads to a new JL reboot). They just gave him $500M to be exclusive to the studio. WB sees JJ Abrams (and Christina Hodsen) as their Feige. Abrams is producing Superman and they really want him to direct a DC tentpole. He's also building JL Dark on HBO Max where Constantine and Zatanna series lead into a JL Dark team up show.

HBO Max is getting DC movies from WB, but they're continuing in the canon DCEU following Josstice League. Batgirl is going to HBO Max and other stuff similar to that will as well while Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and the other main JL characters continue on the big screen.
I'll keep my hope up for JL 2 & 3. I'm sure Snyder will be able to finish his cycle IF ZSJL is a big hit. For the rest of your message I agree.

At the end, the numbers always wins

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Well there will be two Batmen. Battison in the solo movies which are set in a different universe (the trailer confirmed that due to the modern cellphones showing it was set in present day and not a Battfleck prequel like people want), and then Keaton is the DCEU Batman who interacts with the Justice League.

I think Keaton will be a pretty quick cameo, restricted to just that Flash film. At least, I certainly hope that's the case. Pattinson should be the only major on-screen Batman moving forward.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
...good lord, I just read a spoiler about how the movie depicts Superman at its conclusion.

Snyder is a tool :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I think Keaton will be a pretty quick cameo, restricted to just that Flash film. At least, I certainly hope that's the case. Pattinson should be the only major on-screen Batman moving forward.

The idea is for Keaton to be DC's Nick Fury showing up in multiple movies (Batgirl) and assembling a new Justice League (like in Kingdom Come). He has a huge role in The Flash. That's why he signed on; he gets a guaranteed long-term paycheck like Jackson does with Marvel.

WB admits both Battison and Keaton will be two separate Batman "sagas" going forward:

Coming up, for instance, Warner Bros. will have two different film sagas involving Batman — played by two different actors — running at the same time.

The answer is the multiverse. Boiled down, it means that some characters (Wonder Woman as portrayed by Ms. Gadot, for instance) will continue their adventures on Earth 1, while new incarnations (Mr. Pattinson as “The Batman”) will populate Earth 2.

“The Flash,” a film set for release in theaters in 2022, will link the two universes and feature two Batmans, with Mr. Affleck returning as one and Michael Keaton returning as the other. Mr. Keaton played Batman in 1989 and 1992.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The idea is for Keaton to be DC's Nick Fury showing up in multiple movies (Batgirl) and assembling a new Justice League (like in Kingdom Come). He has a huge role in The Flash. That's why he signed on; he gets a guaranteed long-term paycheck like Jackson does with Marvel.

WB admits both Battison and Keaton will be two separate Batman "sagas" going forward:

Hmmm. I'll believe all that when I see it, frankly. But if it is true:

frustrated fuck my life GIF

"Let's keep trying to copy Marvel (with Michael Keaton instead of Sam Jackson).... because that's worked so well for us so far."

I'm all for the multiverse down the line, but at least have the stones to do it properly. Create new versions of characters to tie everything together - and do justice to Crisis.

This just sounds like more quick fixing to something that needs careful consideration.

They should be concentrating on making very good stand alone movies, rather than continually chasing the shared universe as quickly as possible. WB is clearly hopeless at wrangling its Dc properties into any kind of cohesive universe. Better to keep things simple to let the audience come on board properly.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
...good lord, I just read a spoiler about how the movie depicts Superman at its conclusion.

Snyder is a tool :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Not quite sure what spoiler you read...

The end is similar to the theatrical cut with the montage where Clark rips open his jacket, but then there's another Nightmare dream where Batman talks to Joker. Bruce is woken up from that dream by Martian Manhunter (the ORIGINAL version that was shot was Tomar-Re and Killowog, and it was a credit stinger).

Hmmm. I'll believe all that when I see it, frankly. But if it is true:

frustrated fuck my life GIF

"Let's keep trying to copy Marvel (with Michael Keaton instead of Sam Jackson).... because that's worked so well for us so far."

I'm all for the multiverse down the line, but at least have the stones to do it properly. Create new versions of characters to tie everything together - and do justice to Crisis.

This just sounds like more quick fixing to something that needs careful consideration.

They should be concentrating on making very good stand alone movies, rather than continually chasing the shared universe as fast as possible.

Nah they seem to have a good idea to handle Keaton. He's the Kingdom Come version of Batman (and they did concepts of that costume for him too, don't know if it'll be realized or not), and that's completely different from Battison.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Not quite sure what spoiler you read...

The end is similar to the theatrical cut with the montage where Clark rips open his jacket, but then there's another Nightmare dream where Batman talks to Joker. Bruce is woken up from that dream by Martian Manhunter (the ORIGINAL version that was shot was Tomar-Re and Killowog, and it was a credit stinger).

Nah they seem to have a good idea to handle Keaton. He's the Kingdom Come version of Batman (and they did concepts of that costume for him too, don't know if it'll be realized or not), and that's completely different from Battison.

The spoiler I knew about what the whole

Darkseid being on the other side of the boom tube looking all mean at the JL, after Steppenwolf's head has gone back through. And then the shirt rip and then the Lantern stinger. I didn't know the Superman suit would be black still though.

Does Snyder think he's getting a sequel?

And I get what you're saying about Keaton and the multiverse angle, I just have zero confidence that WB know what they're doing. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Mind you, all I really give a shit about is The Batman. I'll watch all the other stuff because I've been a DC fan for thirty years, but I really don't care much about anything other than what Reeves is doing. Big, CGI filled comic book movies were done for me with Endgame. Now I'm after smaller scale, character driven stuff that's a bit more mature.

Last edited:

Madflavor

I mean I followed the development, marketing, and fan communities pretty closely during Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad, and Justice League. Every single one had nobodies posting on twitter some generic shill posts like "Just saw *blank*, all I can say is...wow" or "Simply breathtaking. Amazing. All heart."

Then the review embargo lifts and critics go "Yeah no, it's a pile of shit."

ManaByte

Gold Member
I mean I followed the development, marketing, and fan communities pretty closely during Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad, and Justice League. Every single one had nobodies posting on twitter some generic shill posts like "Just saw *blank*, all I can say is...wow" or "Simply breathtaking. Amazing. All heart."

Then the review embargo lifts and critics go "Yeah no, it's a pile of shit."

Why are you coming at this movie with a preconceived opinion?!?!

ManaByte

Gold Member
Final trailer leaked on Reddit:

Speaking of Reddit, it seems like DC fans are leaving both r/DCEULeaks and r/DC_Cinematic for r/DCEUspoilers and r/DCFilm. The first two subs have become Snyder circlejerks with no discussion of non-Snyder DC stuff allowed and any slight criticism of Snyder a permaban.

Meanwhile the dickwads who run r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers (who lock down the sub to protect their scooper friend from being dunked on for being wrong) made r/DCspoilers and are trying to take over r/DCEUspoilers (who has a lot more subscribers).

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

ManaByte

Gold Member
So the JL aren't actually going to fight Darkseid in this, are they?

He's all just visions and nightmares and warnings.

Nope. And he's not in it much really. Most of his stuff is seen in the footage out there (except for one thing towards the end).

ManaByte

Gold Member
You should take another look on the link I posted then. It's not critics by RandomUserDCSNYDER65

Actually a few of those are some of the biggest Snyder cultists on social media.

One of them told me to my face once that the death threats by the #ReleaseTheSnydercut crowd were justifiable.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

And of course:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

And of course:
I guess you REALLY want that movie to fail, you want it so baddly.
Oh and don't bring the subject about death threat please. We are talking about a movie, not the 1% stupid people there is in ALL fanbase.

Don't waste your time with this dude.
I know you are right. I'm just gonna enjoy the next few days a lot

ManaByte

Gold Member
I guess you REALLY want that movie to fail, you want it so baddly.

No I'm just showing how ALL social reactions are positive: Marvel, Star Wars, DC. It doesn't matter. There are people praising the theatrical JL who are in the ZSJL article too.

Oh and don't bring the subject about death threat please. We are talking about a movie, not the 1% stupid people there is in ALL fanbase.

Again with Whataboutism.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
No I'm just showing how ALL social reactions are positive: Marvel, Star Wars, DC. It doesn't matter. There are people praising the theatrical JL who are in the ZSJL article too.

Again with Whataboutism.
Whatever makes you happy

Voluntary misleading trailer aren't a new thing, so spoiler balise please

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

go away ruby rod GIF

And for what it worth, site like RottenTomatoes are a real joke imo, and building a personnel opinion upon those kind of website is a pure joke, still imo of course you are free to do what you want.

ManaByte

Gold Member
go away ruby rod GIF

And for what it worth, site like RottenTomatoes are a real joke imo, and building a personnel opinion upon those kind of website is a pure joke, still imo of course you are free to do what you want.

You didn't even look at the link. It's not Rotten Tomatoes, it's a collection of social media reactions. Same as the comicbookmovie article you linked above.

"site like RottenTomatoes are a real joke imo"

Why, because critics are "snakes"?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
You didn't even look at the link. It's not Rotten Tomatoes, it's a collection of social media reactions. Same as the comicbookmovie article you linked above.

"site like RottenTomatoes are a real joke imo"

Why, because critics are "snakes"?
1: the embargo is lifted, so if people don't liked it, they can say it loud and clear. But the general reaction is extremely positive even for people that didn't liked BvS.
2: they are a joke because BvS is trash, worse than Green Lantern and Justice League (2017) is better than BvS according to them. Like... seriously ?

ManaByte

Gold Member
1: the embargo is lifted, so if people don't liked it, they can say it loud and clear.

No it's not. The SOCIAL MEDIA embargo is lifted, and HBO specifically says it's for POSITIVE reactions. The review embargo has not been lifted yet. The REVIEW embargo is apparently tomorrow.

Do you even know how this works? For every big geek movie there are TWO separate embargoes. The social media embargo is always first, and that's for positive reactions only. The REVIEW embargo is usually a few days later and that's for critical reactions.
2: they are a joke because BvS is trash, worse than Green Lantern and Justice League (2017) is better than BvS according to them. Like... seriously ?

Rotten Tomatoes is not a review site. They aggregate all of the critic reviews. Like Metacritic does for games.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Remember when everyone said this didn't, or would never exist?

Remember when people said it would take $70M to finish and then it did?

People like to split hairs about that. People were screaming that there was a finished cut sitting in a vault somewhere. HBO said that wasn't the case. There was an unfinished assembly cut, and they've spent the last year and $70M to turn it into a finished movie.

“It isn’t as easy as going into the vault and there’s a Snyder Cut sitting in there to put out,” Greenblatt said in the interview. “It does not exist. Zack is actually building it, and it’s complex, including—and I don’t want to get into too much detail that we haven’t already talked about yet—new FX shots. It’s a radical rethinking of that movie and it’s complicated and wildly expensive.” “I’ll just say I wish it was just $30 million and stop there,” he said in the interview. “It’s an enormous undertaking and very complex.”

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
No it's not. The SOCIAL MEDIA embargo is lifted, and HBO specifically says it's for POSITIVE reactions. The review embargo has not been lifted yet. The REVIEW embargo is apparently tomorrow.

Do you even know how this works? For every big geek movie there are TWO separate embargoes. The social media embargo is always first, and that's for positive reactions only. The REVIEW embargo is usually a few days later and that's for critical reactions.

Rotten Tomatoes is not a review site. They aggregate all of the critic reviews. Like Metacritic does for games.
Yeah I have to admit I prefer to forge my own opinion so I don't really follow this stuff.
Other than that you seem so salty

james franco GIF

Keep it coming, I may (or not) respond if you write something funny enough.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Careful. Someone said I deserved to die from COVID for posting that last week.

Then they're idiots.

I don't care that you want to make up your own mind about the movie. I do too. You seem to be weighing all the reactions (your friend, twitter reactions) and waiting to see what the end result FOR YOU is... I respect that. I think I'll enjoy it... PROBABLY more than I enjoyed BvS and MoS... 2 movies I LOVED... So we'll see. Theatrical JL was a clusterfrak.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Theatrical JL was a clusterfrak.

There was some good stuff Whedon added (Bruce's line about the world needing Superman but the team needing Clark was the best thing in any modern DC movie, and that's gone), but the stupid stuff like the Russian family is thankfully gone.

Dacon

Banned
There was some good stuff Whedon added (Bruce's line about the world needing Superman but the team needing Clark was the best thing in any modern DC movie, and that's gone), but the stupid stuff like the Russian family is thankfully gone.

lol

Top Bottom