• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack Snyder's Justice League Review Thread

SafeOrAlone

Banned
D3QEEuw.gif
The guy spent four years worshipping his black and white 4:3 cut of the movie and can't get it out of his head. HBO probably made him add color but compromised on aspect ratio. He wants the Imax version black and white as well.

sol_bad

Seeing angry marvel fan boys get pissy because the rt is higher than they want it to be is giving me life

There are people like that?

I'm probably the biggest MCU fan on this forum and I am very pleasantly surprised and happy that this film is rating well. The DCEU is no where near as good as the MCU for me but I like how the Snyder films were different tonally to the MCU. I enjoyed Shazam! and Aquaman as well but felt that they lost their identity a bit by trying to ape the MCU.
Keep it grimdark I say.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

I'm probably the biggest MCU fan on this forum and I am very pleasantly surprised and happy that this film is rating well. The DCEU is no where near as good as the MCU for me but I like how the Snyder films were different tonally to the MCU. I enjoyed Shazam! and Aquaman as well but felt that they lost their identity a bit by trying to ape the MCU.
Keep it grimdark I say.
Unfortunately, their is A LOT of people that are angry against Zack Snyder and his movies. They want him to fail and I can't say why, for real. Maybe because they don't like his vision ? I don't know.
I totally agree with you, WB shouldn't be trying to make movies like Marvel because they can't beat them. Infinity Wars is just so good, they need to find their own recipe to make it work. And this is precisely what Snyder was offering.

Halcyon

I just rewatched MoS and BvS in preparation. I really love Cavill as supes his theme makes me feel all kinds of feels every time it plays. Can't wait till Thursday

Keep it grimdark I say.
Bro. Go on facebook. Look at anything related to this Snyder cut and you'll see the extent of the toxic fanboyism from Marvel fans.
There are heaps of people being laughed at, mocked and openly just being disrespected for having any positive feelings towards this movie or other movies directed by Snyder. I found it quite shocking the amount of shit you have to sift through to get to anyone remotely positive about this movie.

Granted not everything is perfect but openly wishing for something to fail or wishing bad on someone (Zack) is just fucking disgusting. I feel the same towards guy on this forum who want games or developers to fail. Like how fucking miserable of a dirty cunt do you have to be to want things to fail.

Last edited:

skneogaf

watched man of Steel yesterday 2h 22m and just watching bat vs superman ultimate edition which is 3h 2m.

I can't wait to see this!

I wish the people who hate on zack snyder try to give this movie a chance.

Nobody has done anything with DC comic movies other than re do batman over and over and zack gave us a DCMU

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Rotten Tomatoes score went up to 78%
B-b-b-b-but I thought it would go down....
Like that person on the OT that said "One of my friends who is one of the biggest DC fans (hell he knows people who work at WB), HATED it because it was still the same Justice League" and "Just wait for the reviews to drop. Social reactions are always glowing."
So it was just trolling? Nooooo, people don't do that right ?

SJRB

Gold Member
B-b-b-b-but I thought it would go down....
Like that person on the OT that said "One of my friends who is one of the biggest DC fans (hell he knows people who work at WB), HATED it because it was still the same Justice League" and "Just wait for the reviews to drop. Social reactions are always glowing."
So it was just trolling? Nooooo, people don't do that right ?

It seems a lot of people really, REALLY wanted this movie to fail just for the sake of "lulz" and fan meltdowns on the internet.

Pretty sad.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
It seems a lot of people really, REALLY wanted this movie to fail just for the sake of "lulz" and fan meltdowns on the internet.

Pretty sad.
Careful to what you say, I've been banned from the OT for disagreeing and arguing with the troll.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
My god. I just realized how much I want to punch every single person in those thumbnails. Does that really generate clicks? Every single one of them looks the fucking same.
Must be so.
I rather be working in the mall wearing a "Weiner Schnitzel" hat than subject my face to thumbnails like that. Soul crushing.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Unfortunately, their is A LOT of people that are angry against Zack Snyder and his movies. They want him to fail and I can't say why, for real. Maybe because they don't like his vision ? I don't know.
I totally agree with you, WB shouldn't be trying to make movies like Marvel because they can't beat them. Infinity Wars is just so good, they need to find their own recipe to make it work. And this is precisely what Snyder was offering.
I never understood the hate Snyder movies got. MoS was underwhelming but not a piece of shit like the internet has since made it out to be. BvS was a slog but again, not the worst movie in the world. 27% on rotten tomatoes? Are you serious?

The hate people received for merely asking for a snydercut was baffling. its not the first time people have asked for a director's cut and yet people were mocked, called toxic and losers just for asking for director's original vision. Anyone who watched the trailers knows how little of Snyder's versions were in the Whedon version. we now know only around 20% of what snyder shot was in the whedon version.

Even now I see on era how they are banning everyone who call out the people who wanted this movie to bomb again. Some mod added the metacritic score because the rotten tomatoes score wasnt low enough. The same guys who trashed the snydercut movement as toxic are now trying to save face by rewriting history.

I dont think Snyder's movies are all that amazing. I thought 300 was underwhelming after being blown away by the trailers. Watchmen is still the only movie hes made that I think is truly great. However, I find myself going back to watch certain scenes from his movies over and over again because of the cinematography, setpieces and soundtrack. Very few directors can make a movie look this good. I really wish he was a better director who made better movies, but his writing team has let him down. hes shown with Watchmen what he can do with good source material. But for now, I am perfectly content with watching some mediocre movies with some of the best looking shots in comic book movies.

71b3443f89cadd11-600x338.gif

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I never understood the hate Snyder movies got. MoS was underwhelming but not a piece of shit like the internet has since made it out to be. BvS was a slog but again, not the worst movie in the world. 27% on rotten tomatoes? Are you serious?

The hate people received for merely asking for a snydercut was baffling. its not the first time people have asked for a director's cut and yet people were mocked, called toxic and losers just for asking for director's original vision. Anyone who watched the trailers knows how little of Snyder's versions were in the Whedon version. we now know only around 20% of what snyder shot was in the whedon version.

Even now I see on era how they are banning everyone who call out the people who wanted this movie to bomb again. Some mod added the metacritic score because the rotten tomatoes score wasnt low enough. The same guys who trashed the snydercut movement as toxic are now trying to save face by rewriting history.

I dont think Snyder's movies are all that amazing. I thought 300 was underwhelming after being blown away by the trailers. Watchmen is still the only movie hes made that I think is truly great. However, I find myself going back to watch certain scenes from his movies over and over again because of the cinematography, setpieces and soundtrack. Very few directors can make a movie look this good. I really wish he was a better director who made better movies, but his writing team has let him down. hes shown with Watchmen what he can do with good source material. But for now, I am perfectly content with watching some mediocre movies with some of the best looking shots in comic book movies.

71b3443f89cadd11-600x338.gif

If only more people were like you. We don't have to agree, just respect each other opinion.
And yes visually, BvS is something like no other. My principal problem with the movie is the third act which wasn't needed imo, but damn it look good:
wonder woman superman vs batman GIF by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
If only more people were like you. We don't have to agree, just respect each other opinion.
And yes visually, BvS is something like no other. My principal problem with the movie is the third act which wasn't needed imo, but damn it look good:
yeah that fight looks amazing.

wwgig4.gif

I never thought about cutting that last act altogether but now Im wondering if thats what the movie really needed. A focus on Batman vs Superman with a proper fight between the two as the finale. The fight they had was very underwhelming. A few punches here and there, superman throwing him through walls and thats it. Lame.

it's odd because the warehouse scene is absolutely amazing so I have no idea why Snyder didnt go all out with the title fight. The fight in the dark knight returns was way better.

JqH5Q5v.gif

I think they shouldve had the warehouse scene before the title fight, and use Batman killing a bunch of people there as motivation for Superman to put an end to Batman. And then finally have Batman kill Superman and come to regret it. It wouldve made Bruce's arc in Justice League more of a redemption arc. I think it wouldve been controversial but if you are making a movie called Batman vs Superman then you kind of have to see it through.

Last edited:

skneogaf

Got 1 hour left and wow josh whedon messed it up! I can't believe how much is missing in the 2017 version.

Its cut like episodes so anyone worried about length has perfect places to separate watch it.

Its difficult to rate it as it's like nothing I've seen before due to seeing a messed up version of it before.

These two movies will be used in movie school to show how much editing can change a movie.

Very cool.

The ending has be gutted as I want the sequels! 😭

9/10 movie with a 10/10 ending!

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned
BvS looks like two movies glued together late in preproduction, like they written story for two movies then had to make one from that and ended with what we got.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Thanks to Sky being assholes and only letting us watch the movie in the UK by subscribing to either their cinema package if you have Sky TV (I don't) or subscribing to the absolutely awful Now TV streaming service... I'm currently contemplating downloading this 'by other means', having seen it on some of those websites that aren't popular with movie studios. Absolutely fucking stupid not to allow pay per view.

Lupingosei

Banned
After watching it, is a better movie than the Whedon version, actually a lot better.

So years of condescending media and so-called pop culture insiders against the fans because they wanted a better movie, knew there was a better movie, and ultimately got a better movie.

This is like Mass Effect 3 and again the "media" was in arms against the fans and still is disgusted, that this even exists.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I seen one trailer and thought the trailer was fucked up i didnt think for one second wmhe would be fucking idiotically stupid enough to make a massive budget superhero flick in an aspect ratio from the fucking 70's... Art my fucking cock... Maaaaan I just found this out and now my hype for this film has taken a nosedive, rewatched the latest trailer and fuck me it looks shit as a wee fucking square on my wide-screen TV.. what was he thinking!?!? What a fucking tool

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I seen one trailer and thought the trailer was fucked up i didnt think for one second wmhe would be fucking idiotically stupid enough to make a massive budget superhero flick in an aspect ratio from the fucking 70's... Art my fucking cock... Maaaaan I just found this out and now my hype for this film has taken a nosedive, rewatched the latest trailer and fuck me it looks shit as a wee fucking square on my wide-screen TV.. what was he thinking!?!? What a fucking tool
Overreaction much?

It was shot for IMAX.

Ulysses 31

Eh. If this is the full frame then I'd rather see that than a widescreen version that loses almost 60% of the picture.

cr0w

Old Member

That's kind of simplifying the aspect ratio change. Here's a good comparison using the BvS blu-ray vs. remastered with the new aspect ratio.

Other: Comparison between the regular BvS Blu-ray vs the new IMAX remaster : DC_Cinematic (reddit.com)

New vs old BvS Remaster! : DCEU_Discussions (reddit.com)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Overreaction much?

It was shot for IMAX.
Which is fucking stupid.

nobody is going to the cinema these days. did someone forget to let him know about COVID?

people are gonna be watching the movie on a 16:9 or heck even a 18:9, 19.5:9, 21:9 screen.

by all means make an IMAX version but keep it for IMAX. For home watching put it in widescreen.

Top Bottom