• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack Synder war on comics continues, Jesse Eisenberg to return in justice League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

doomfantasticfour-146710.png

Had a better plan and motivation.

IconGrist

Save your time

Or if you do. Get drunk and laugh at Kate Mara's "Reshoot Wig"

I think I'm going to rent it today. Every time I've mentioned an interest in seeing it one or more people has actively tried to prevent it and in 30+ years of movie watching that's never happened to me before. I've listened up to this point but I think it's time.

AndersK

I think I'm going to rent it today. Every time I've mentioned an interest in seeing it one or more people has actively tried to prevent it and in 30+ years of movie watching that's never happened to me before. I've listened up to this point but I think it's time.

It's really something else. I think most movies are somewhat consistent in their quality, or lack thereof, but F4 just implodes 30 minutes in.
Not entertaining bad though imo, sadly.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
doomfantasticfour-146710.png

Had a better plan and motivation.

I'm baffled why Fox still refuses to put source material accurate Doom on the screen. What a presence that would have.

gioGAF

I think it was a given that Eisenberg would be returning. The shit show must go on, after all the dinner bell has already been rung.

I have mentally checked out from the Snyder DC universe films. I can't understand how anyone can seriously think BvS was a "good" film in almost any regard. It was a mish mash of ideas pulled from some of the most memorable comic book story arcs and slapped together. Nothing really makes sense.

- Superman has this crisis of identity in the film, like he is some sort of teenager. Ridiculous that he isn't sure of who he is and what he believes. Snyder spent most of MoS setting this up, only to throw it in the trash for BvS (along with Superman's super speed, common sense, etc.)

- Superman is framed for some bullshit situation. Was there zero investigation on what happened? Are completely unreliable witnesses accepted in any realistic proceeding in our world. Garbage subplot made even worse by the deletion of key scenes (burning of bodies in director's cut). If you are watching the movie in the theaters, you are told that people believe Superman is to blame for a bunch of people getting SHOT.

- Lex Luthor is a SHIT villain. He is not deep, he is like a cartoon. It felt like Snyder wanted a Joker or something, but all we got was this loser. We can all have our interpretations about what his motivations were, but the movie does a bad job at illustrating them, plus they aren't even really the actual flaw, it is his execution. Idiot plan to have Batman fight Superman, followed by idiot plan to have a giant ninja turtle kill Superman. I wish the movie had let the TMNT hit Lex, it would have been the icing on his idiot cake.

- Superman keeps tabs on Louis, but anyone can swipe his mom in this movie (did he forget MoS, seems like he hears when his mother is in trouble well enough in MoS)

- Overall, I personally enjoyed all the Batman scenes in the movie WITHOUT Superman. However, he is injected with one fatal flaw just to further the plot. The world's greatest detective is an IDIOT in BvS. Does Batman not have access to social media or government intelligence. How about some common sense? Superman is a f'n saint in the movie, and the Batfleck comes up with this bullshit 1% nonsense. How can he be so stupid? Not to mention he condemns Superman for endangering humans while he wrecks shit all over the place.

- Wonder Woman was entertaining, I hope her movie is better than the BvS shit show.

That is what happens when you slap shit together without a good story. Batman and Superman fight under much different and well thought out circumstances in The Dark Knight Returns. The Doomsday story, while not something I like, was put together in better fashion than what we got here. Superman's death had more weight.

Either A) Snyder is a hack or B) The corporate overlords laid down the law on Snyder and told him they wanted all this shit in the same movie, and that they didn't give a fuck if the story made sense or not.

One of the only redeeming quality of this movie are the visuals, the imagery. Iconic shots brought to life, they look great, too bad the actual story is garbage.

AndersK

I'm baffled why Fox still refuses to put source material accurate Doom on the screen. What a presence that would have.

Y'know i always found Doom to be silly until I actually dug in to some F4 comics. Oh boy. Doom Done right could be...wow.

Since Mads is taken I want Mendelssohn.

jelly

Lmao. It's fine to not like Cavill he ain't doing wonders here but Tom Welling isn't better in the slightest. Stop fooling yourselves with these ridiculous remarks. Just outright say you think the new superman is crap and leave it at that

Casting welling would have been the worst decision they made and that's over suicide squad too

Welling sucked a lot but was pretty decent when on red Kyrptonite. Cavill is still awful, he can't act for shit either and a difference with Welling, he has absolutely zero screen presence, Cavill is one of the worst things about the new DC universe.

IconGrist

Welling sucked a lot but was pretty decent when on red Kyrptonite. Cavill is still awful, he can't act for shit either and a difference with Welling, he has absolutely zero screen presence, Cavill is one of the worst things about the new DC universe.

So your argument is that Welling was better because he was a good 'bad' Superman? And you think Welling would have screen presence? Did you not see The Fog remake?

If Cavill is as bad as you suggest, Welling would have been much worse.

The first hour of Fan4stic was like a semi-decent pilot for a TV show. Maybe not a Fantastic Four TV show, but a new sci-fi show. It's got a pretty good slow build and interesting premise. It was alright up until just after they got their powers and there's a couple of well-shot horror scenes.

Then Reed escapes the facility and... absofuckinglutely nothing happens for the next 30 minutes. Then a climax happens out of nowhere and the movie is over in like 5 minutes.

First hour is a 6/10, would watch second episode to see if it goes anywhere.
Last 40 minutes is a 2/10, would discard in trash bin.

And Cavill is fine, just wish Snyder would let him smile. It's not his fault the scripts are garbo.

I'm really interested in the movie they butchered to make that Fantastic Four movie.

I don't necessarily think it was a good movie, mind, I just think the bits of it you can still see morbidly hanging off the bones are interesting. Need a huge disclaimer due to the nature of the thread, obviously.

Sölf

I have no problem with this. I liked him in BvS. And yeah, what did people expect? I mean, he is one of THE BAD GUYS, it shouldn't suprise anyone that he comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom