• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda 25th anniversary Concert Details (Oct 21 in Los angeles + more)

isny

napkin dispenser
King_Moc said:
I won tickets from Eurogamer for the London show :) So looking forward to this.

Just me and mclem so far for a GAF meetup before or after the show in London.

Anyone else interested?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
316231_228567253871079_170177419710063_608852_1069661120_n.jpg

307726_228567283871076_170177419710063_608853_1662623780_n.jpg

L.A. is almost ready.

Damn, I'm pretty nervous...

I mean I love that Im going to be at the concert in London, but I have 45 minutes alone with mr. Aonuma and mr. Kondo to ask anything I want. *gulp*

Rikkun

Moz La Punk said:
Damn, I'm pretty nervous...

I mean I love that Im going to be at the concert in London, but I have 45 minutes alone with mr. Aonuma and mr. Kondo to ask anything I want. *gulp*

45 minutes of timeline explanation I hope.

haha, perhaps I should ask about that first, just to break the ice.

any other important questions? of course about the music, since mr. Kondo will be there...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Rehynn said:
This must've been sublime.

No Wind Fish though:-(
Oh dear, looks like my prediction of London riots is coming true...

Well I hope everyone going enjoys it. Was a little too much for me so I'll just enjoy the free CD with SS.

Rikkun

Moz La Punk said:
haha, perhaps I should ask about that first, just to break the ice.

any other important questions? of course about the music, since mr. Kondo will be there...

Actually I would avoid totally the timeline chitchat.
And I wouldn't know what to ask to Kondo, I don't know him and I don't remember reading an interview to the guy.

isny said:
Just me and mclem so far for a GAF meetup before or after the show in London.

Anyone else interested?

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. I'm either staying overnight - in which case yes - or driving straight back to Bath after the concert. I'll keep tabs on the thread to see what you guys decide to do...

if there's one track I wish they'd be doing at this its the End Credits version of the Zelda theme from A Link to the Past. It's the most beautiful build up to the main theme, and the best version of the main theme imo.

Looking at the tracklist from Tokyo, I'm sure I'll love it anyway

Rikkun said:
Actually I would avoid totally the timeline chitchat.
And I wouldn't know what to ask to Kondo, I don't know him and I don't remember reading an interview to the guy.

I guess how he comes up with music, why he thinks Zelda-music is so iconic and epic, why it makes for the perfect music to play with an orchestra, stuff like that.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Where and when is the London meetup? Me and a friend are going to go to the Tuesday showing so if any GAFfers are going to be there it would be cool to see.

I'll be wearing a deep blue DinoGAF t-shirt and probably be on my Aqua Blue 3DS through the whole event, so I ought to be easy to spot. :D

mclem

I will be extremely hairy.

I'm going to have to head back that night anyway, although buses to Oxford do run late so I've got quite a bit of leeway (as long as the tube isn't shut!)

I'll be wearing a deep blue DinoGAF t-shirt and probably be on my Aqua Blue 3DS through the whole event, so I ought to be easy to spot. :D

I need to not get distracted by the fact that it's an ideal time to play a load of Four Swords. There's a concert going on!

mclem said:
I need to not get distracted by the fact that it's an ideal time to play a load of Four Swords. There's a concert going on!

If there's an intermission at all, I can imagine this is exactly what people will do!

It'll doubtless be great for streetpass!

radioheadrule83 said:
If there's an intermission at all, I can imagine this is exactly what people will do!

It'll doubtless be great for streetpass!
Speaking of which anyone know how many puzzles there are to complete? I have zelda and kirby full.

disco

I shall look out for NeoGAF t-shirts.

However, I will remain covert... I find this forum fun because no one knows who I am...

mclem

Hollywood Duo said:
Speaking of which anyone know how many puzzles there are to complete? I have zelda and kirby full.

Pretty sure it's 7, I've got had quite a few streetpasses and not encountered any more than those. That said, it's been implied some new ones should appear in the next firmware, so presumably we'll have a bit more to work with at the actual time.

I'm not sure what I'm wearing, but it won't be a GAF t-shirt. I don't think I have anything that would even stand out (my roommate has the same Zelda sports jacket, all my Zelda shirts are widely available and I've seen them everywhere). You can probably count on me wearing my Texas Longhorn baseball hat at the very least. Hopefully I'll get to chat with a lot of other Zelda fans.

I'm considering bringing the holy grail because I'm holding out some hope Koizumi shows up. And if Kondo shows up, I hope I get a chance to ask him about the Fire Temple in OoT so maybe that mystery can be put to rest.

FYI, the Holy Grail:
2rdz37n.jpg

Kard8p3

Here's hoping the people in LA are more willing to break the rules than the ones in Japan. Would be nice to get some footage from this one.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Me too. Need some audio. Look how big the composition book is! (Pics of rehearsal from The Legend of Zelda Facebook page):

UmkPR.jpg

zNqTm.jpg

rRsEo.jpg

jayTOH

Definitely less than 15 total people dressed up in tuxes and suits. I think it's appropriate to wear casual and related wear, though. My sister's recording some of the pieces on her iPhone, but we're seated near the back. Will upload some~ intermission's about done!

gdt

jayTOH said:
Definitely less than 15 total people dressed up in tuxes and suits. I think it's appropriate to wear casual and related wear, though. My sister's recording some of the pieces on her iPhone, but we're seated near the back. Will upload some~ intermission's about done!

I haven't been keeping up, packed house?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Like the hat? said:
I don't know how anyone would go to a symphony without at least dressing up a little bit
This. When I go, I usually look for a nice blouse, dress shirt, light sweater or vest coupled with a skirt or dress pants + dress shoes/low heels/nice boots. Er, for guys, you could try dress shirts, golf shirts (ie: something with a collar) vests and/or blazers coupled with dress pants / nice khakis + dress shoes.

Symphonies are generally more suited for semi-casual wear. If this came to Toronto, I'd use it as an excuse to buy something new, lol.

But since this concert is more for Zelda fans, I guess the dress code is more lax.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Like the hat? said:
I don't know how anyone would go to a symphony without at least dressing up a little bit
they paid for the tickets and it's for game music and everybody is a nerd. it doesn't matter one fucking iota what they come in with as long as they're covered. no, really. no. really.

jayTOH

gdt5016 said:
I haven't been keeping up, packed house?
Yeah, it was a full house except for the few scattered empty seats. The Pantages theatre was a relatively small venue, IMO. The stage that the musicians were on was kinda tiny. I'm not qualified to critique symphonies, but I feel like the overall night was a B/B+. The orchestra didn't seem perfectly in sync during a few parts, and some of the movements/medleys didn't have enough oomph to get me emotional. I was sitting near the back center of the theater, however, so that might've threw me off. Gotta make the two hour drive back to San Diego now. Will upload a couple select pieces tonight if I don't knock out!

Just got out of the venue, waiting while my lady grabs her friend to join us for a late dinner.

Great Fucking show for a huge Zelda fan like me, but god if it wasn't a little embarassing with how some of the crowd reacted to some stuff, yelling out shit in the middle of the performance. More later.

Top Bottom