• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda at E3 to have two demos, Nintendo asking press to free up 90 minutes.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So first this site reported on this.

http://www.finder.com.au/legend-of-zelda-wii-u-nx-playable-at-e3

Nintendo is informing media that there will be two extended demos of the Wii U version to play at the booth and are being asked to set aside 90 minutes to make the most of the gameplay.

And once Nintendo Everything reported on it themselves, we got this Twitter reply:

https://twitter.com/immewnity/status/735845774286671872

Mew Regions
‏@immewnity
@NinEverything I've got the email from Nintendo Australia that says this. Who should I forward it to to give you guys confirmation?

90 minutes would be pretty lengthy for a E3 demo.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm hoping we get a story trailer alongside the demoes, but I imagine that won't hit until the NX blowout.

Edit: still excited, nonetheless.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They know some people will take 90 minutes to decide whether to play as a boy or a girl.

c3f.gif

No NX Zelda tho Nintendo pls

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This has multiplayer "Zelda: Skyrim version" written all over it.

Jawmuncher

If they're asking for that much time, I wonder if for this Zelda they've really pushed the idea of a big open world with more to do than any other zelda game prior.

L~A

90mn sounds like what you'd get during a private showing, not a tradeshow booth.

Then again, it will be the only game playable, so if the demo only lasted 10mn, that'd be quite problematic.

I remember Skyward Sword at E3 2011 had... 3 demos, iirc:

- flying tutorial
- dungeon part
- boss battle (Ghirahim)

AdanVC

Judging by this, it seems the game at least is gonna be massive. A 90+ minute demo is pretty great and lenghty! Even if Nintendo is only bringing this game at E3, I'm pretty sure it'll be one of the most talked games at the show and on social media.

wrowa

I expected there to be three stages, similar to Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Still, if they want people to put aside 90 minutes, the demos are apparently going to be quite extensive.

I wonder if the dungeon demo will be separate of if the overworld demo will eventually lead into one.

I guess they're just going to have an entire dungeon for one the demos. That would be an extremely good indicator of if this game really shakes up the formula as much as they're claiming.

Instro

They really should demo the NX version. I'm sure this game will be dealing with a lot of the same issues that Xenoblade X has on the WiiU.

Whoa 90 minutes? That's pretty crazy.

At first I wasn't into the open world Zelda idea, but then I thought about it and I figured they'd do it similar to the first Zelda, and I instantly became okay with it. I hope it's full with interesting things to find.

I'll have to watch all the footage this E3. Can't wait to seeeeee.

They are going all out by showing a couple of demos of one game at E3? The inferior (Wii U) version of a game that was announced back in January 2013?
How do you know it's inferior???
It could use the Gamepad in really slick ways.
Many to this day think the GameCube version of Twilight Princess is better than the Wii one.
This Zelda was obviously designed for the Wii U and later moved to also the NX.

immewnity

Neo Member
Oh wow, I'm cited on GAF. Cool!

"Nintendo will offer show attendees two extended demos of the Wii U version of the game that will finally let them step into the wilds of Hyrule and explore some of the grasslands, forests and mountains that they’ve been given mere glimpses of to date."

"we recommend setting aside 1 - 1.5 hours"

Without giving some more press-centric details, there you go.

Oh wow, I'm cited on GAF. Cool!

"Nintendo will offer show attendees two extended demos of the Wii U version of the game that will finally let them step into the wilds of Hyrule and explore some of the grasslands, forests and mountains that they’ve been given mere glimpses of to date."

"we recommend setting aside 1 - 1.5 hours"

Without giving some more press-centric details, there you go.
Hyperule.

I try not to have any expectations about anything, but I'm hopeful that Nintendo is just that confident in Zelda to rest entirely on it, and that what they show reflects said confidence.

georly

They know some people will take 90 minutes to decide whether to play as a boy or a girl.

They spent a lot of time and money on the voice acting, they sure as hell don't want people skipping the 50 minute opening cutscene, either.

Draeter

Banned
They are either really confident with their game, or really stupid to even think thats a good idea. 90 minutes at E3, jeez.

I wonder if people will get angry if this whole female link ends up being a lie

Top Bottom