• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Launch trailer, JP boxart, March 3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with those weird 'subtitles' the minibosses have?

Molduga has "North Dragon's Exile" and Hinox has "East Gut Check Rock"
(wtf?)

The demo had "Great Plateau" Steppe Talus/Stone Talus.

There's quite a lot of individually named areas, a lot more than the lines on the map show.

My friend says this

"Darukeru is calm outside of battle, but a fierce warrior in battle
Nothing special on reebaru himself
But talks about who i assume to be the red zora, her name is mifa
Oh and reebaru is considered part of the rito race
Finally, talks about the blue clothing found on reebaru, mifa, and darukeru (as well as link)
Suggests its a plot point"

well
pYVZ8CO.png

all short vowels, though I has elongation. Reeval seems to be a good one

Mifa is a Zora girl who lives in Hyrule. She has a special power that no other Zoras have, but perhaps due to that she’s somewhat introverted and doesn’t talk much. Famitsu wonders how she will use the spear she’s wielding.

Darkel (or literally Darukeru) is a Goron warrior who lives in the mountains of Hyrule. He’s normally calm, but when entering battles, he changes into a very brave warrior that screams loudly while sweeping away enemies.

Finally, Reebal is a member of the bird-like Rito tribe which lives in the skies of Hyrule. He is spotted wearing the same blue scarf as Darkel and Mifa, and each of them also wield different weapons.
http://nintendoeverything.com/new-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-character-details/

This is what Nintendo Everything is reporting in terms of info on the three characters. There is more in regards to Zeldas role at the link.

13ruce

Banned
All those minibosses in the overworld probably respawn wich is cool. Story related bosses probably stay dead tho but i hope boss rush mode is back.

Chao

If link talks in this game. His first words better something amazing.
You know what would be great?

Link speaking a full sentence right at the very end of the game.

Like a cutscene after the credits where link is just looking at the clouds and goes "what a beautiful day".

Then cut to black

Welp. (Famitsu spoilers)
Ritos confirmed. It has to be Wind Waker timeline thousands of years after Spirit Tracks and has the ocean dried up thanks to Koroks. I was willing to believe Koroks in downfall timeline between OoT and ALTP trying to bring life back into the world but no way will they retcon Rito in a different timeline. So this means we don't play as a previous Link, or they were lying about it being 100 years.

Possible spoilers from leak:
Also the spoilers mentioned a dragon area which a new mini boss in the new footage seems to indicate. The leak says the game has several Resurrection Chambers. Which leads credence to my theory that we aren't playing as the actual Link but as someone who is trying to artificially be the hero after they died and of a randomly generated hero at the beginning of the game. We could even possibly play as any of the characters with the blue clothes with the others being NPCs. I'm getting way to hopeful for a girl character but damnit its even more evidence. Of course that would mean depending on where we start, we may actually not even start in the Great Plateu but I will keep hope alive for a playable girl character . >_>

doop_

Banned
Welp. (Famitsu spoilers)
Ritos confirmed. It has to be Wind Waker timeline thousands of years after Spirit Tracks and has the ocean dried up thanks to Koroks. I was willing to believe Koroks in downfall timeline between OoT and ALTP trying to bring life back into the world but no way will they retcon Rito in a different timeline. So this means we don't play as a previous Link, or they were lying about it being 100 years.

Also the spoilers mentioned a dragon area which a new mini boss in the new footage seems to indicate. The leak says the game has several Resurrection Chambers. Which leads credence to my theory that we aren't playing as the actual Link but as someone who is trying to artificially be the hero after they died and of a randomly generated hero at the beginning of the game. We could even possibly play as any of the characters with the blue clothes with the others being NPCs. I'm getting way to hopeful for a girl character but damnit its even more evidence. Of course that would mean depending on where we start, we may actually not even start in the Great Plateu but I will keep hope alive for a playable girl character . >_>
What leak ?!?!

Welp. (Famitsu spoilers)

This "leak" is more fake than anything fake, people should stop talking about it.

Just catching up, are people trying to justify a'leak' because it has the word Dragon in it and the new Switch advert had a totally different use of the word Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom