• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Launch trailer, JP boxart, March 3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird. He says そして 娘を救ってやってくれ, which is just "save my daughter" if not for the conjunction soshite ("and then", "also") before that which might imply it's a cut from a longer sentence.

Thats interesting then, could be a trailer cut and the american be the same.

The old woman says something kind of different in the Spanish one too.

In the English one she says:
"The history of the royal family of Hyrule is also the history of calamity ganon."

In the Spanish one she says:
"La historia de la familia real de Hyrule es tambien la del cataclismo que se conoce como Ganon."
Translates as "The history of the royal family of Hyrule is also the one of the cataclysm known as ganon"

So in the Spanish one Calamity Ganon is not mentioned, but Ganon which happens to be a cataclysm (an event).

Thats is more about the flow of language though. Calamidad Ganon sounds really bad in spanish, so saying that the Clatacism was called ganon or know as ganon flows a lot better. Its still the same concept.

Theres also a big change when the Goron shouts, from "Here it comes!" to "¡Espero que le saques partido!" (Hope this helps!).

I'd be surprised if you didn't see the same sentiment in the full script. It's probably arranged differently in different languages for lip synch or script pacing purposes.
Yeah, maybe is cut in the trailer like in the japanese version.

German version says "Save my people and my daughter".
So same, I suppose italian and frech is the same then, but they cut that part in the comparison.

balgajo

What exactly is beedle's part? The one where you saw him from kind of far away?

If that's the one, then I don't know what's the big deal because you saw Beedle on the treehouse stream too.

In the end of the first video they turned around with the horse and Beetle appeared talking something in a much closer look.

ReyVGM

Thats is more about the flow of language though. Calamidad Ganon sounds really bad in spanish, so saying that the Clatacism was called ganon or know as ganon flows a lot better. Its still the same concept.

Theres also a big change when the Goron shouts, from "Here it comes!" to "¡Espero que le saques partido!" (Hope this helps!).

Except Calamity and Cataclysm are not the same thing. Yes "Calamidad Ganon" doesn't read as well as Calamity Ganon, but cataclysm is a different thing.

You might have seen a different spanish video because the one I saw seems to be using latin-american spanish and the goron says "Ahi te va!" which is literally what he says in the english version. "Espero que le saques partido" sounds more like what someone from Spain would say.

Vitet

The only part of the English VA that I didn't like was the old woman, she sounded too much like someone from a shitty fantasy movie. Japanese Zelda's crying was a little too much for me. I think most of the voice acting is going to be cheesy, but I'd rather have that then more text bubbles and flapping mouths.

On an unrelated note, does the theme at 0:48 of the trailer remind anyone else of the Uncharted theme?

For me it's a horn epic theme and that's it. I arranged the Uncharted theme and they are pretty different melodic, rhythmic and harmonic wise. The only resemblance I'm seeing it's timbrical there

Except Calamity and Cataclysm are not the same thing. Yes "Calamidad Ganon" doesn't read as well as Calamity Ganon, but cataclysm is a different thing.

You might have seen a different spanish video because the one I saw seems to be using latin-american spanish and the goron says "Ahi te va!" which is literally what he says in the english version. "Espero que le saques partido" sounds more like what someone from Spain would say.

There is one for latin spanish which i guess was dubbed in Mexico, and one for Spain Spanish, latin spanish is the one with "ahi te va!"

Edit: i'm dumb, one is spanish and the other is castilian, kinda forgot the language name for a moment

Yes I was talking about the castillian spanish version. I knew that he says Ahi te va in the latin american one, that is more similar to the english translation.
And Calamidad is actually a synonim of Cataclismo in spanish so it still works, they probably though based on the japanese script using the word cataclismo works much better for what they are trying to explain.

Not trying to cruiticise or anything, I really like talking about different voice acting and translations, and feel is a very interesting subject of how different countries try to convey the same feeling with different words.

ReyVGM

Do we have the original video saved anywhere? Did they go up to the merchant and see it was him 100%? We get a glance at him in the treehouse stream but I wonder if this was a full confirmation and Nintendo asked them to remove it.

Are you sure?

You can clearly see beedle getting startled at 3:05
https://youtu.be/42kpvjC9W24?t=182

What exactly did GX remove? Can't remember now.

I remembering seeing some video (treehouse stream?) leaving the stable, there's an NPC sitting under a tree, and you can see beedle walking off in the trail.

bachikarn

C2FPl31UoAARGoO.jpg:large

So are the giant "colossi" (the flying bird ship, the crawler on death mountain, the desert camel) meant to be bosses... or like, do you actually go inside them, and they ARE the dungeons.

wait, where is this from?

xtianmarq

Only four dungeons?

I would find it difficult to believe that the "largest Zelda game in history" only has 4 dungeons. More likely, (in my mind anyway) is that those 4 dungeons are the key to accessing another part of the game/timeline (ala Ocarina of Time, where you get the three stones to time travel). At least I hope so, anyway. That said, I did enjoy the 4 dungeons in Majora's Mask.

We can't be sure but I guess it's Mahito Yokota, the guy behind Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Skyward Sword and 3D World. But maybe it's someone else, who knows.

I'd love to know the man behind that awesome song in the most recent trailer. Mahito Yokota has been a real star, having done Galaxy and some of the best songs from Skyward Sword. He's probably involved with this game too. Hope the WHOLE soundtrack comes together very well. Skyward Sword had amazing pieces, and then after leaving Skyloft, I felt the music kinda began losing some impact.

Also... sounds like we're getting some (all?) British VA. Nintendo getting the hint from Xenoblade Chronicles' excellent english voice acting! The voices were good for Last Story and Pandora's Tower too.

I'm soo excited for this game!

balgajo

Are you sure?

You can clearly see beedle getting startled at 3:05
https://youtu.be/42kpvjC9W24?t=182

What exactly did GX remove? Can't remember now.

I remembering seeing some video (treehouse stream?) leaving the stable, there's an NPC sitting under a tree, and you can see beedle walking off in the trail.

Yeah. Seeing it again I think that beetle wasn't a problem.
Also the part that was cutted off contained some Beetle's lines.

Vitet

There is one for latin spanish which i guess was dubbed in Mexico, and one for Spain Spanish, latin spanish is the one with "ahi te va!"

Edit: i'm dumb, one is spanish and the other is castilian, kinda forgot the language name for a moment

Both are Spanish. One is the Castilian or european Spanish and the other is the Neutral or Latin American Spanish.

It's called Castilian (among other reasons) because in Spain there are other languages besides Spanish (catalonian, euskera, galician...)

Zips

I would find it difficult to believe that the "largest Zelda game in history" only has 4 dungeons. More likely, (in my mind anyway) is that those 4 dungeons are the key to accessing another part of the game/timeline (ala Ocarina of Time, where you get the three stones to time travel). At least I hope so, anyway. That said, I did enjoy the 4 dungeons in Majora's Mask.

I can believe the game only has 4 'main' dungeons (plus the final castle). The map image with the 4 figures - one in each corner - would seem to support the possibility.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. The game could be quite full and satisfying even with just 4 official dungeons. It just means that content outside of those dungeons needs to fill in the gap. If Nintendo has done a good job of making the world alive and interesting to traverse (places to see, people to meet/interact with, mini-quests that satisfy, notable story progression occurring outside of dungeons, etc.), it could work.

We'll see in...7 weeks!

Also - random detail theory: the reason the Master Sword is where it is, is because Zelda put it there after Link died in the past. She was with him when it happened, and returned the blade herself as nobody else is capable of wielding it.

Random theories are fun.

I've just watched the trailer for the third time in row.

I don't care how much Nintendo asks for the console, even if it is a bit too muchc (which it is). This trailer alone sold me the switch, it's that good.

March can't come soon enough.

I wonder how important that flower (or flowers in general) is going to be to the game. They put a decent amount of focus on the flower and there's also a flower blooming animation on the 'Z' when the logo is revealed.

I've must of watched that trailer at least 20 times by now. The music is just fantastic, really hope we get a cool gerudo valley arrangement in the game. Horizon comes out the same week and while I'm excited for it once that Zelda hype really starts to sink in I'm not sure I'll be able to think about anything other than Zelda.

Zips

I wonder how important that flower (or flowers in general) is going to be to the game. They put a decent amount of focus on the flower and there's also a flower blooming animation on the 'Z' when the logo is revealed.

Could just be what they chose to represent the nature half of the nature vs technology theme. Maybe something connected to something the Deku Tree will want you to do (e.g. restoring nature to devastated areas).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom