• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Launch trailer, JP boxart, March 3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelus

Oh fuck

It's like an evolution of the Majora's Mask dungeons - we're getting a mechanical frog, camel, elephant and eagle. That's so sick.

brad-t

C2FPl31UoAARGoO.jpg:large

So are the giant "colossi" (the flying bird ship, the crawler on death mountain, the desert camel) meant to be bosses... or like, do you actually go inside them, and they ARE the dungeons.

Each of them appears to have a humanoid figure on top of them (except Ganon in the center). Pilots?

Calamity Ganon appears to be flanked by Ganondorf (left) and Zelda (right).

Derpot

So we saw the camel, the lizard and the bird.
Did the elephant appear in the trailers?

It's why I wondered if an earlier rumour stated that there would only be 4 (main?) dungeons, because it would make sense.

The bottom thing on the right reminded me of this in the trailer

Yeah, I agree.
Maybe this too?

235387maybecamel.png

Each of them appears to have a humanoid figure on top of them (except Ganon in the center). Pilots?
Yeah I noticed that too? Maybe each represents a different race between the bird people, Zoras, Gorons, and maybe Gerudo? (I'd think the Hylians and Shiekas would be separate in this case)

iFirez

So we saw the camel, the lizard and the bird.
Did the elephant appear in the trailers?

Yeah, I agree.
Maybe this too?

235387maybecamel.png
I brought this up on the last page too :)
I think that is the camel in the image you posted, but it has fallen and now you can get directly inside.

How fucking cool is the idea that you have literal colossi that the traverse the world and you have beat them to enter the dungeon which is their corpse. Literally a child's dream come to life.

Caelus

So it seems like the dungeons/mech bosses might correspond with the major tribes of the game:

The Death Mountain frog - Gorons
The Desert Camel - Gerudo
The Hawk Warship - Bird Tribe
The Elephant - Zora

Since we see the symbols for at least two spiritual stones, there might be a corresponding sage for each tribe. And then we still have the Koroks.

zeldablue

Ah, so it was only in Skyward Sword?
yeah...basically. I think she cried when her
soul was ripped out by Demise
as well. She was the most overtly damsel'd Zelda in the 3D titles. Though I guess she wanted to be damsel'd so Link would do stuff or something...ugh. I...don't like Skyward Sword.

Skyward Sword Zelda was a fellow knight apprentice before she got storyline'd.

Was she...? I thought maybe she just stole a room from her dad's academy for the lawls.

If this Link is the fallen Hero of Time resurrected 100 years after OoT in the Downfall Timeline, it stands to reason that the Princess Zelda of this game is the same Zelda from OoT as well.

With that in mind, this context adds another layer to her breaking down in the trailer and feeling that "all she's done was for nothing."

This would be the same woman who's been trying to stop Ganondorf since she was a child, only to end up playing right into his hands and causing the kingdom to fall into his rule. Then she tried again seven years later with Adult Link, and if this is the Downfall Timeline, ended up getting him severely wounded or killed and resulted in Ganondorf to go from being a human to a demon/"Calamity."

So, with all of that in mind, no shit she breaks down sobbing. Anyone would do that- male or female.

Regardless if this is the OoT Zelda or not, I don't think she is actually going to be kidnapped though. The E3 demo from last year indicates that she's the bright light emitting through the Calamity Ganon at the top of Hyrule Tower and has presumably been sealing him for the past century while Link recovered.

Between that, her breaking down and blaming herself for (presumably) the destruction of the land and that scene of her purifying herself at the pool (all of which could very well be flashbacks), I think Zelda has opted to sacrifice herself and her freedom by acting as the long-term seal on Ganon this whole time.

That would be absolutely amazing and heartbreaking, holy shit. As you said, OoT Zelda would make sense for BotW's Zelda's dialogue, too. I'd also feel guilty throughout playing BotW, looking up at the tower and knowing that bright light is Zelda trying to hold Ganon back... while I messed around and started forest fires. Owowow.

NSESN

I don't undertand the hate for the english voices, they aren't good, but the japanese ones don't seem much better. I would rather play hearing something I understand.

So it seems like the dungeons/mech bosses might correspond with the major tribes of the game:

The Elephant - Zora

Since we see the symbols for at least two spiritual stones, there might be a corresponding sage for each tribe. And then we still have the Koroks.

This is what I was thinking. The Goron, Zora and Falco in the trailer were wearing blue similar to Link and Zelda. So I'm guessing they are key characters linked the royal family and are probably related to their regions "Colossi".

Derpot

This is what I was thinking. The Goron, Zora and Falco in the trailer were wearing blue similar to Link and Zelda. So I'm guessing they are key characters linked the royal family and are probably related to their regions "Colossi".

Maybe the "pilots" that are at the top of each guardian?

zeldablue

Is Link not going to say anything at all when Zelda cries...that's fucked up

He can just give her a few pats on the back I think...

Even though Link is mute, I'm sure they'll find a way to not make it awkward. As long as they don't do any of the things they did with Link and Zelda in Skyward Sword...

Peterc

I've need to stop watching the trailer. It's the most epic video I've ever seen since 1987 when i started playing super mario bros.

Zelda TW trailer was also epic, but i didn't liked that game that much and still far from this one. It can hit the top on gameranking and beat OOT too.

Twookie

I think I like the English VO better than the Japanese VO. Zelda's cry especially

I've need to stop watching the trailer. It's the most epic video I've ever seen since 1987 when i started playing super mario bros.

Zelda TW trailer was also epic, but i didn't liked that game that much and still far from this one. It can hit the top on gameranking and beat OOT too.

been watching the trailer too many times, music is reaaaaaaally good!

iFirez

So let's talk timeline stuff some more.
Many of us are leaning more towards the downfall timeline. I agree. However I don't believe this is only directly 100 years since OoT, too much has changed. Castle town is in ruin but the temple of time is still in a good condtion compared to the rest of the OoT castle town. Then at some point the Hylian's moved and built a new castle and town, the one we see Calamity Ganon swirling over.

So my theory is that in the downfall ending of OoT the sages still do something. Link is dead but they still use their collective power to strip Ganon of his physical form. This new form Calamity Ganon, an evil cloud which alters shape, dissepears in a blast, destroying all of Castle Town from OoT, leaving only rough structures and outlines to decay and be overgrown by nature. Rauru uses the last of his power to protect the temple of time, but now that has begun to decay too. The surviving Hylian's move North and build a new castle and town, they incorporate Shiekah technology into their way of life and allow for Guardians to be their protectors. Unfortunately this peace doesn't last, Calamity Ganon returns and corrupts all Shiekah technology, turning the trusted protectors against the Hylians, laying waste to their new town. This is the 100 years earlier that is referred to in Breath of the Wild. The Link we play as isn't some previous hero, he is a new Link, he grew up in this time of prosperity. He faces the Calamity and fails. 100 years later, Breath of the Wild begins.

Anyway, that's just my crazy theory. It has its holes (clearly) and doesn't explain some things such as the Zora's looking like their TP counterparts or the fact that the Koroks are in here. But it's a working theory...

So watching the comparisons. In the english trailer the King says:
"You must save her, my daughter"

While in spanish the king says:
"Salva a nuestra gente y a mi hija"
(Save our people and my daughter)

Completly different messages right there. Those someone now what he says in the japanese one?

Not with those prices, hahaha.
But yeah, I lived to see a Zelda dubbed into Russian. The weirdest timeline.

Hahaha, well, theres always the wiiu version lol

KorrZ

That is legitimately one of the best trailers I've seen for a game in awhile.

Might have single handedly sold me on a Switch....I don't think I can wait on this game. That fucking music too. Jesus christ I need the soundtrack for this.

Not sure what you mean by this? I mean, we see him talking to link, and he also seems to be behind the master sword in the early shot of it, but beyond that?

The editing implied that he was the one that was doing the voice over, but after watching the trailer again, I'm pretty sure I wasn't playing close attention and that, that's not the case.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Completly different messages right there. Those someone now what he says in the japanese one?

It's weird. He says そして 娘を救ってやってくれ, which is just "save my daughter" if not for the conjunction soshite ("and then", "also") before that which might imply it's a cut from a longer sentence.

KingBroly

Banned
C2FPl31UoAARGoO.jpg:large

So are the giant "colossi" (the flying bird ship, the crawler on death mountain, the desert camel) meant to be bosses... or like, do you actually go inside them, and they ARE the dungeons.

And those little things are Guardians, I take? OR are they the mini dungeons?

Chaos17

I agree, I refused to watch it in Japanese again, and vastly prefer the English version. Zelda went from a squealing annoying person to something far more subdued and acceptable sounding.

So we agree to disagree of our own preference, Nintendo just have to put dual audio option and that's it no more disagrement.

Peterc

Did you all follow the treehouse?

It's nice what he told about the horses you can tame, that they are different in strength or diffeculter to tame. I did this first in ultima online. And the feet animation from the horse are in sync with the sound.

Also when there is thunder, enemies or yourself could be hit by lightning when you're wearing metal things. So you need to change you're armor.

I wonder if it's possible to experience every details that they put into this game.

Thorpe

That was a great trailer. Thankfully, the wait is almost over.

At 3:13, Wow, I didn't even realize Zelda was behind Link lol

Hah! You beat me to the punch. Was going to post this screenshot I took when I was checking out the trailer for any subtle details.

Just slightly before this scene, you see Zelda in front of Link potentially using her powers to save him or deflect/stop the laser. During this, his right hand is on the sword and he is knelt down. At the 3:13 mark below (might have to stop and freeze for the picture as it is quick), she ends up being behind him and he is able to get up (from what looks to be the same position as before). Looks like he is pretty weak at this point by the way he gets up, but he may have avoided the laser or was able to take (some of) it. You can see what seems to be remnants of the laser blast as well.

Not sure how Zelda ends up behind him though like that. Unless she figured the last resort was to use him as a body shield, even when he was exhausted :p

Given it's a trailer with pieces all around, it could just be some other point in the game.

DJ6xbId.png

ReyVGM

l

The old woman says something kind of different in the Spanish one too.

In the English one she says:
"The history of the royal family of Hyrule is also the history of calamity ganon."

In the Spanish one she says:
"La historia de la familia real de Hyrule es tambien la del cataclismo que se conoce como Ganon."
Translates as "The history of the royal family of Hyrule is also the one of the cataclysm known as ganon"

So in the Spanish one Calamity Ganon is not mentioned, but Ganon which happens to be a cataclysm (an event).

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
The only part of the English VA that I didn't like was the old woman, she sounded too much like someone from a shitty fantasy movie. Japanese Zelda's crying was a little too much for me. I think most of the voice acting is going to be cheesy, but I'd rather have that then more text bubbles and flapping mouths.

On an unrelated note, does the theme at 0:48 of the trailer remind anyone else of the Uncharted theme?

I'd be surprised if you didn't see the same sentiment in the full script. It's probably arranged differently in different languages for lip synch or script pacing purposes.

Hahaha, well, theres always the wiiu version lol

German version says "Save my people and my daughter".

KooopaKid

Banned

The Elephant - Zora

Yup. I hope the colossi are dungeons.
Looks like the 4 tribes created those giant robots to defeat Ganon but Ganon corrupted them or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom