• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Launch trailer, JP boxart, March 3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
The girl who says "open your eyes" sounds different than Zelda when she says "everything I have done until now, it was all for nothing!" Just find that curious.

Also, does the Wii U support off screen play?

correojon

Has there been any word on the functionality for the Guardian and Bokoblin amiibos?

The girl who says "open your eyes" sounds different than Zelda when she says "everything I have done until now, it was all for nothing!" Just find that curious.

If the gamepad isn´t gonig to be used for anything special this shouldn´t be a problem...has this been confirmed?

Tookay

They sound the same, except one doesn't have a filter over it.

hatchx

Banned
I'll just put this here...
K43SffA.jpg

This is an overview of the Faron region from the new trailer. You can see the two statues Miyamoto and Aonuma were riding around shooting bokoblins at the 2014 Game Awards. This is where they said "We must be near a dungeon" and sure enough there's a shrine.

Neat find!

Fanuilos

People typically sound different when they're calm than when they're professing their life's work was wasted.

Has there been any word on the functionality for the Guardian and Bokoblin amiibos?

If the gamepad isn´t gonig to be used for anything special this shouldn´t be a problem...has this been confirmed?

No word on the bokoblin or guardian amiibos. The gamepad doesn't have any functionality as they wanted parity between the two versions. You can play on the gamepad by tapping the screen.

No word on the bokoblin or guardian amiibos. The gamepad doesn't have any functionality as they wanted parity between the two versions. You can play on the gamepad by tapping the screen.
Last I heard we didn't know any of the botw amiibo do, we know about the 30th anniversary amiibo

Last I heard we didn't know any of the botw amiibo do, we know about the 30th anniversary amiibo

The 30th anniversary amiibos are links and zeldas, they work the same as past link and zelda amiibos, so i assume the link rider, link with bow and zelda amiibos will work the same as the other zelda and link amiibos.

PMS341

Yep. A couple of minutes of adding text to images is crazy. You sure got me. We definitely shouldn't discuss video games.

I think they were just making a reference to Always Sunny, and the wording of the post sounded like something Charlie would say, especially in the moment depicted in the screenshot. Not sensing hostility, outside of your reply.

Does this mean we're likely to get a BotW Direct soon? Or more BotW information in a new Switch Direct?

They typically release all the Amiibo info before a game is out...

I incline to believe there is a Switch direct in Feb. Nintendo may announce something at their Earnings Release on Tuesday.

The 30th anniversary amiibos are links and zeldas, they work the same as past link and zelda amiibos, so i assume the link rider, link with bow and zelda amiibos will work the same as the other zelda and link amiibos.

That's not necessarily true. Amiibo of the same character can do different and specific purposes in different games. It's true that when you scan a BotW's Link and Zelda Amiibo in Smash, they'll likely work as typical link and zelda. But, they could, and probably do have unique purposes in BotW.

For example, in Yoshi's Wooly World; the yarn Yoshi amiibo has a different purpose than a typical Yoshi amiibo.

That's not necessarily true. Amiibo of the same character can do different and specific purposes in different games. It's true that when you scan a BotW's Link and Zelda Amiibo in Smash, they'll likely work as typical link and zelda. But, they could, and probably do have unique purposes in BotW.

For example, in Yoshi's Wooly World; the yarn Yoshi amiibo has a different purpose than a typical Yoshi amiibo.

Ah yes i know that, just an assumption of mine. I honestly don't think we will see much use of the amiibos to be honest, the biggest one will probably be the wolf link.

Ah yes i know that, just an assumption of mine. I honestly don't think we will see much use of the amiibos to be honest, the biggest one will probably be the wolf link.

Eh, I have to imagine that the BotW ones will have funtionality that is at least on-par with the Wolf Link. Would seem weird to create a fairly sizable line of figures for this game, to let them be overshadowed by an Amiibo that was packed in with a year-old HD port of an 11 year old game.

iFirez

Why can you turn amiibo on and off? You would assume that someone would be aware they're putting an Amiibo to the NFC reader and making the choice to do so... having the option to have it on or off seems... redundant? Fix minimap to north is a good option, as are the Invert controls (which weren't allowed to be changed in the E3 build). I wonder if the HUD modes are just Normal and Off? Or maybe Normal, Reduced and Off?

Bit-Bit

Honestly, gyro aim is my favorite thing about playing Zelda from TP to WW remake, to Skyward Sword.

Waggle for sword attacks can go straight to hell though.

Anybody else taking a day or two off of work to really sink their teeth into this game?

iFirez

Also I don't know if this has been shared here yet, but apparently there are
secret "ability controls" which will show up in a menu
. Possible spoiler about secret/hidden game mechanics:
I saw this yesterday actually and have had it on my mind for a while.

We're assuming these AREN'T the runes right?
I imagine they may be moves and abilities similar to Flurry Rush, like how you unlock those cool new sword techniques in Twilight Princess.

I imagine they may be moves and abilities similar to Flurry Rush, like how you unlock those cool new sword techniques in Twilight Princess.

Yeah, that's what I'm assuming. Whereas TP's were mostly prompt based though, this seems to be something you can do at will, seeing as how there are "controls".

And yet no audio slider to Japanese. :/

Weird that you can turn off amiibo support.

I wonder if, since it seems in BotW you can drop down an amiibo at any point in the open-world, that's an option to conserve battery life when in handheld mode. So that the NFC chip isn't being constantly powered if you're trying to be frugal about battery life. Weird that it'd be an in-game option and not just an easily accessible system-setting. Maybe most games won't be running the NFC chip at all times though.

Yonafunu

Why can you turn amiibo on and off? You would assume that someone would be aware they're putting an Amiibo to the NFC reader and making the choice to do so... having the option to have it on or off seems... redundant? Fix minimap to north is a good option, as are the Invert controls (which weren't allowed to be changed in the E3 build). I wonder if the HUD modes are just Normal and Off? Or maybe Normal, Reduced and Off?

The amiibo thing could be to turn off the amiibo icon in the runes select menu.

Mr-Joker

Banned
No idea if this is new, but here's a look at the menu of the game.

C3bZ9G1XUAMQC6Z.jpg

I wonder what the change jump button option is?

Also it's lame how there isn't an option to disable voice acting or change the language, very backward in a game that Nintendo is heavily touting that the player can do anything but yet seem to be unable to include basic feature.

My enjoyment of the story will be severely hampered by this oversight.

I wonder what the change jump button option is?

Also it's lame how there isn't an option to disable voice acting or change the language, very backward in a game that Nintendo is heavily touting that the player can do anything but yet seem to be unable to include basic feature.

My enjoyment of the story will be severely hampered by this oversight.

Why on earth would someone want to disable voice acting? I've never seen a game with that feature, so I don't know why you'd expect it.

Why on earth would someone want to disable voice acting? I've never seen a game with that feature, so I don't know why you'd expect it.

Closest thing is a volume slider for voice.

Characters weren't silent in previous titles. They did have voice acting, it was just grunts and yells and stuff, so if you turn the voice acting off, it's gonna be really odd with no sound at all. Don't know why you'd want that.

Why can you turn amiibo on and off? You would assume that someone would be aware they're putting an Amiibo to the NFC reader and making the choice to do so... having the option to have it on or off seems... redundant?

I want this option 100%.
Last thing i want is notifications popping up telling me i can use amiibo.

Closest thing is a volume slider for voice.

Characters weren't silent in previous titles. They did have voice acting, it was just grunts and yells and stuff, so it's gonna be really odd with no sound at all. Don't know why you'd want that.

It's just a perspective that seems so strange to me, the idea that adding voice acting to Zelda would be an unwanted or bad thing. I've been that guy going: "when the fuck are they going to get some voice acting" since Twilight Princess though, to be fair.

The runes are in a tab in the sheikah slate, so these are definetely different.

The Lamp

I'm having more trouble waiting for this game than anything since KH2 in 2006. I keep playing old Zelda game a to contain the hype but it's so hard. And this game has been done for months!! The agony. I just want to try the demo :( :(

32 days

Launch feels ao far away yet so soon. Only 4 weeks from this Friday!

Glad it's that far away though so I have time to get my switch preorder paid off.

Rodin

Japanese Zelda cover is the best of all time. I can't believe it's that good, looks more like a Ghibli movie cover than a videogame one. And dat japanese logo.

These are probably things like Shield Surfing. Techniques which are definitely in the game from the get go but won't be taught to you immediately.

I'm having more trouble waiting for this game than anything since KH2 in 2006. I keep playing old Zelda game a to contain the hype but it's so hard. And this game has been done for months!! The agony. I just want to try the demo :( :(

32 days

I got used to the delays and waiting was honestly "fine", but that trailer has made the wait unbearable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom