• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild "OMG I didn't know you could do that!" thread [SPOILERS]

Once you get Urbosa's fury, group fights become trivial. Just use it and pick off all the weaklings and then focus down the big tough ones or vice versa. It seems to grow in strength as your hearts increase but don't quote me on that since before I had 8 hearts the Blue Bokoblins wouldn't die and now they die to the storm. The damage might scale with the weapon though so I dunno.

It also hard counters all bosses minus the very last form of Ganon and Thunderblight due to him being before the buff. You can skip the super armor on Ganonblight to finish the fight fast if you time your useage correctly.
All your buffs from the champion spirits recharge much faster within Hyrule castle so spam all of them if you want to just cruise through the castle.

Yep, but you can't use it on spiky balls.

You most certainly can use the cryonis rune on those. You need to wait until they are close enough behind you though.

Really? I swear i tried it without the pepper and it didnt work. But I'll try again, thanks.

It probably depends on the area where it explodes. Dry grass burns much easier than wet grass or even normal green grass. Something substantial needs to be actively burning to create the updraft usually.

bomblord1

Banned
Equip a metal weapon while you have the Gerudo helmet on and lightning will still strike you like normal but do no damage. It turns you into a walking lightning rod that can decimate enemies.

Equipping rubber pants allows you to equip metal armor during a lightning storm and not get hit (will still hit you if you have metal weapons on though)

Knocking a moblin off a horse and immediately mounting it will give you an already tamed horse that immediately listens to all of your commands.

Hazmat

You can use stasis on enemies on horseback and freeze the enemy and not the horse.

You can drop and detonate bombs while hang-gliding.

ryechu

The physics in this game are great, but a little wonky. You can exploit physics in a couple of shrines.

Off the top of my head, the swinging balls on chains can be wrapped around the beams that hang them using magnesis so you can completely bypass the goal of the swinging gauntlet of many balls.

The puzzles where the tilt controls a rolling ball through a maze get super easy if you're not in tablet mode - flip the controller over and you have a non-maze surface to roll the ball around with and flip it up where you need to go.

Any puzzle that has you deliver something you can attach octo balloons to it. and once its high off the ground and its balloons are popped, stasis it and apply some horizontal momentum, and watch it land at the final platform.

This is pretty obvious because the game teaches you it, but if you hit a metal object or water with a shock arrow its radius increases. Hit metal armor or weapons on lizalfos to shock the troop.

Neoweee

I'm hoping for a lot far hard mode because there's a lot of cool shit for the player to utilize. But I fear that most of it will be moot unless they nerf armor upgrades and limit eat spamming.

Ziocyte

- You can stasis apples and use them as tiny bullet projectiles
- Magnetize metal objects in a lightning storm (a sword for example), electricity is not conducted to you, and it allows for a greater level of control than throwing.
- Stealth works better with more ambient noise around (rain, waterfalls, etc. will obscure the sounds you make)
- Not 100% sure on this, but I think that animals detect you easier downwind.

Recreat3

I hit one of those mini lava rock dudes with an ice sword. It neutralized the lava entirely and I picked it up and threw it off a cliff.

Damn, that had to be rough. I played around with freeze for a while so I knew what was up during that segment.

Well it kinda sucked when i had 0 arrows left for waterblight and i didnt realise i could use the rune to break those blocks he was throwing at me haha.

Not mind blowing but today I found out that bomb arrows do not work in the rain as their fuse goes out and it shoots a dud.

Dropping chu chu jellys in freezing water turns them white. Chu chu jellys near fire will turn red. Near electricity will turn yellow. I mostly use red ones as fire starters since I dont like using flint or arrows.

I always forget to use element chuchu jelly, fire is so useful.

Thud

You can paraglide directly on your horse.

You can shieldsurf from a paraglide and paraglide during a shieldsurf.

Jintor

If you grab some honeycomb, and the bees start chasing you, patching them over any sort of open flame (with smoke) will instantly incapacitate the bees.

"Smoking out" bees is done in real life to immobilize bees when extracting honey.

!!!

Chaos17

If you grab some honeycomb, and the bees start chasing you, patching them over any sort of open flame (with smoke) will instantly incapacitate the bees.

"Smoking out" bees is done in real life to immobilize bees when extracting honey.

I feel like a savage now because I just bomb them, lol

shauntu

<= Shield quick menu to equip new one if broke
=> Sword quick menu to equip new one if broke
ZR then => Bow quick menu to equip new one if broke

Some people do not know that last one.

ZR then <= while Bow is out for quick menu for choosing arrow type

Yeah the Master Sword
beam attack
is the first thing I tried when I got it. It worked exactly like I thought it would, too.

Anteo

On the other hand, pull out a bomb arrow in a fiery area, and you won't like what happens.

Oops, beaten

That is super interesting because
you can stun fireblight ganon with 2 bomb arrows, too bad you cant use them in death mountain, but if you fight it in a diferent location it works

Stealth in the yiga section...lol just stasis people.

giphy.gif

KevinG

Don't know if it's been said in here, but riding the coal mining carts along the tracks at Eldin / Death Mountain.

I was giddy.

Brizzo24

So tempted to read all of these but too many spoilers. Plus, it's motivation to experiment more. I'm still really early into the game. I just found out that you can board/drop off horses at the stabe. This is after I learned how to catch and tame them on my own. I also learned how to shield surf and go into to slow motion with the bow.

Awesome game!

Here is a big one that can save you some coin. You only need 1 part of the fireproof armor to avoid melting on Deathmountain. So don't buy that dumbass tin can helmet for 2k rupees.

Alternatively the Ice/Blizzard rod but thats no fun.

Takat

1. press X then + to bypass blood moon sequence
2. If you go around without clothes people will react, the Korok maracs guy will complement you on being natural, like him.

KingBroly

Banned
You can drop food in hot/cold areas and they'll cook or freeze

Putting a Fire weapon on you back heats you up, vice versa for Ice weapon

You can change dropped Chu Jelly by swiping at them with Fire, Ice or Electric weapons

As long as you don't run, a full Sneaking Suit can walk at whatever speed you want and you won't be detected if you're not seen.

zeldablue

Not sure if this is common knowledge but the "white/silver" Bokoblins drop Rubies and Sapphires. It's pretty nifty.

Also cooking during a Blood Moon will boost the food.

Dizzy-4U

When you're looking for a shrine nearby, it's usually a good idea to look up first. If the shrine is in open space, you'll see a group of birds flying around it.

Cuburt

I just found out this one just now:

While riding a horse, you can do a dismount by pressing B and jump off forward while pressing X, but I just found out you can jump off backwards by pressing B while the horse is doing a canter.

Also, there are four speeds a horse can go: Walk, Trot, Canter, and Gallop (dash). While pressing A can make the horse go up a level of speed, tapping back on the left stick can make the horse "downshift" to the next lower speed. This can be great if you are galloping but need to slow down for better control of your turning, which is much worse when you are at in the middle of a gallop. Just a quick tap back though, because if you hold it down for too long, you'll pull the reigns to stop.

Top Bottom