• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath of the Wild on PC(CEMU) | Game can now be played from start to finish

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Hmm...on second thought I feel the fact that the game can now be completed is the biggest news here.

Does it still require external programs to function?

What are the system requirements--could an i7-6700K @ 4GHz paired with a 970 run it well? Important questions before I commit to getting a copy.

MUnited83

For you.
Technically it has been playable from start to finish for a while now :p
Hmm...on second thought I feel the fact that the game can now be completed is the biggest news here.
It was by completable you mean getting to the end of the game, that has been possible for a few months already.

tuxfool

Banned

What are the system requirements--could an i7-6700K @ 4GHz paired with a 970 run it well? Important questions before I commit to getting a copy.

You'd probably want to overclock your CPU to get the best out of it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

mindsale

Is it legal for someone to play this on PC if they own it on Switch? I'm sure my setup isn't good enough, but it'd be nice to have another option.

For Cemu users:
How does the new shader compilation works now ? Like before and still stuttery without packs or is it different ?

Übermatik;242475151 said:
Someone draft up some minimum requirements!

For the CPU it seems that for a locked 30fps an overclocked i7-6700k or better is necessary, at least from the videos I have seen. For the GPU I manage 1080p on a gtx 950 but sure you could get away with less. And 16gb of RAM is necessary to load and run all of the shaders.

Galava

For the CPU it seems that for a locked 30fps an overclocked i7-6700k or better is necessary, at least from the videos I have seen. For the GPU I manage 1080p on a gtx 950 but sure you could get away with less. And 16gb of RAM is necessary to load and run all of the shaders.

i5-6600k OCd to 4.4GHz and GTX970 here, pretty stable 30fps.

Damn, my PC ain't shit.

Luigiv

Is it legal for someone to play this on PC if they own it on Switch? I'm sure my setup isn't good enough, but it'd be nice to have another option.

No. You need to acquire a Wii U version and rip it yourself to be in the legal clear.

jediyoshi

Yes, that's more than plenty. An i5 750 w/ gtx 970 can do 4k 60fps in plenty of games for reference.

Try this trick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPc_Br1xOWo&feature=youtu.be

It's cumbersome, but it worked wonders for me (2500k, GTX 970).

Without it the game run at about 20FPS and was very choppy. With the speed hack the framerate is very stable, not 60 FPS but at least constant.

Do not do this. There's an actual built in speed hack within Cemu itself you can manually enable. Or there's a third party plugin that makes it more simple to enable
https://sshnuke.net/cemuhook/

Mugen08

Try this trick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPc_Br1xOWo&feature=youtu.be

It's cumbersome, but it worked wonders for me (2500k, GTX 970).

Without it the game run at about 20FPS and was very choppy. With the speed hack the framerate is very stable, not 60 FPS but at least constant.
Ok, will try. I had similar choppy gameplay as in that video so that would be necessary to get rid of first in order to call it playable.

Do not do this. There's an actual built in speed hack within Cemu itself you can manually enable. Or there's a third party plugin that makes it more simple to enable
https://sshnuke.net/cemuhook/
I used cemuhook, still way too choppy.

Mifec

Has been the case for 3 months now but they also added some missing effects again in the new update.

Yes, that's more than plenty. An i5 750 w/ gtx 970 can do 4k 60fps in plenty of games for reference.

Thank you! Maybe I'll give it a go. I was please to play through and finish Super Mario 3D World in 4K at 60fps, but I know that BotW has been known for having steep requirements.

Majukun

i have my copy and maybe a pc that could run that but no way to dump my copy of the game

oh well,it's a game that doesn't really have a lot of replayability anyway...

Here are my specs (I get a solid 30FPS downsampling from 4K)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k @5047 MHz (bclk @ 103 x 49 adaptive vcore at max 1.39v)
RAM: 16Gb DDR4 3200Mhz at 3021Mhz
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080
SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

wow this looks way better than the switch version

Once they get the remaining problems worked out it will be the definitive version.

E3 hasn't sold me on a Switch so if on Tokyo Game Show Nintendo doesn't announce another game I care for I guess I'll go with Cemu to play BotW. I was really hoping for a Hyrule Warrior's Complete Edition on E3 :(.

Top Bottom