• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath of the Wild will seemingly have dual audio [Up: Nope]

LordKano

According to this tweet from someone who asked the question to a Nintendo rep during the Paris hands-on event, Zelda will feature both the japanese voices and the english/european dubs, depending on what version you're buying.

https://twitter.com/Blood_Link/status/820613307786788865

I don't know if there was confusion about this, but since Xenoblade X didn't feature that, I thougt it would be nice to have the confirmation.

So not just dual audio, but SEPTUPLE audio! Holy fucking shit, yes!
I'm gonna play through the game in every language just to hear the dubs. Oh my god, this is amazing!

EDIT: Oh wait, I overlooked the "depending on the version you're buying". Oh well. At least I'll have the German and Japanese dub. God damn, the German dub in the trailer sounded so damn fucking fine.
Though I believe that the European version will simply have all the dubs on it. Cuz Yurop.

What about the German and Spanish dubs? They seem to be the best by far

Last time I checked, Germany and Spain were European countries.

Ochibi

Well, don't forget that staffs aren't really... informed about those kind of informations. At Paris Games Week, a staff at Koch Media for Persona 5 told me that the game will have French Audio and Japanese Voice was still in discussion. French Koch Media CM contacted me just after telling that information on Twitter. The latter was only the truth.

Wait. He said "VO" so "Original Voices". What do they call original voices though ? French/English or French/Japanese ? Or French/English/Japanese ?
Also, I don't think the European version will have voices tied to their original region considering the collector edition does has the USK/PEGI rating.

ckaneo

I hope so. Japanese Zelda was killin' it in the trailer.

I've always wondered if people's perception changes cause they cant understand the language. Would be funny if Japanese individuals didnt think it was good, but werent well versed in English to notice anything wrong in the English version. (Not that it's good or bad)

Yes! Waifu zelda!!
I've always wondered if people perception changes cause they cant understand the language. Would be funny if Japanese individuals didnt think it was good, but werent well versed in English to notice anything wrong in the English version. (Not that it's good or bad)

Japanese VO is generally better. English VO has gotten better but its not there yet. I mean japanese Voice actresses are stars.

Eolz

According to this tweet from someone who asked the question to a Nintendo rep during the Paris hands-on event, Zelda will feature both the japanese voices and the english/european dubs, depending on what version you're buying.

https://twitter.com/Blood_Link/status/820613307786788865

I don't know if there was confusion about this, but since Xenoblade X didn't feature that, I thougt it would be nice to have the confirmation.

YES
YEEEEEEESSSSSSS

The different english/etc makes sense when you see the mexican vs spanish trailer btw.
But please Nintendo, do that for all your games.
Again,
YES
E
S

Good to know, everybody wins.
Still going to play in castillian spanish because it sounded really good from the trailer. Hoping the king and deku tree have lots of voiced dialogue because I freaking love their voices in spanish.

And the best thing is I could play it in japanese after that and enjoy the same game twice.

Bousf

OMG PLEASE BE TRUE. Zelda crushed my soul in one line and a scream of desperation. Need that full JP VO.

I hope the EU versions will have all language options. German sounds nice, but italian is also nice, so is english.

Really don't need that anime overacted japanese dub.

Yes! Waifu zelda!!

Japanese VO is generally better. English VO has gotten better but its not there yet. I mean japanese Voice actresses are stars.
Japanese VO isn't generally better,
English dubs of anime and niche Japanese games are commonly an afterthought and thus bad in comparison.
There are many English dubs that destroy the Japanese.

Green Yoshi

I want English voices not Japanese voices in the German version. :-(
Almost nobody in Germany can understand Japanese.

PS: Does Switch support 3D-audio like the 3DS?

Yes! Waifu zelda!!

Thats more a cultural thing then an actual comment on the quality of va. Animation is sadly seen as a kids thing in the West see the distrespect best animated film gets at the oscars yearly.

Lets pump the breaks until its 100% confirmed and not just a random comment by one rep who may or may not actually know.

wiibomb

As a person who lives in latin america, I suggest all the other gaffers from LA hear the latin american dub.

I will personally play the game in that dub, and that is unheard of from me, I usually consider it almost sacrilege, but this time that dub is top quality, even better than the english dub.

ckaneo

I hope the EU versions will have all language options. German sounds nice, but italian is also nice, so is english.

Really don't need that anime overacted japanese dub.

My guess is there will be 3 versions

NA: English, Spanish, Japanese
EU: Italian, Spainish (coining this now), German, French, Japanese, Russian, English
JP: Japanese, English

jdstorm

Banned
Mist of the times games have voices volume sliders, so here's your actual zelda

Anyway good to see nintendo adapting to the market if true

Volume sliders suck, because they dont give you the options to hear NPCs or sometimes the Music. Its all or nothing when sometimes you just want to turn the players voice off

JCH!

What about the German and Spanish dubs? They seem to be the best by far

Lol. I thought the Spanish dub was terrible.

I hope we at least get the option to use the English one and are not forced to choose between the Spanish or the Japanese ones.

Eolz

So I assume that (if real) this is about the PAL ver, not the US version?

From what I understand, it would be japanese + the regional languages of each region.
So JP+ PAL for EU, and for NA, JP + their usual choices (just english and their own spanish localization I guess?).

Top Bottom