• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda eShop sale starting 4th September in Europe

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/506361301401337856

10% price cut on Hyrule Warriors if you buy any Zelda game during the sale period. ALBW seems to be 23% (22%) off regardless.

Bwb027oIcAAeHfc.jpg

V_Ben

Banned
The digital discount on Hyrule Warriors is quite nice, if Game ends up not selling an eShop code for it over here i'll probably jump on that.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This just made me realize that I own every Zelda game available on the eShop.

Hyrule Warriors for 45€ is nice.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Only 10% off Link Between Worlds? Ouch. If it was 25%, at least, I would consider getting it digitally... but I guess I can get it cheaper on cart. For that price, I much rather get Hyrule Warriors, the newer, more expensive game.

No price on Zelda 1 and 2?

Kouriozan

Only 10% off Link Between Worlds? Ouch. If it was 25%, at least, I would consider getting it digitally... but I guess I can get it cheaper on cart. For that price, I much rather get Hyrule Warriors, the newer, more expensive game.

It's 22/23%
10% is for Hyrule Warriors.

Which of these are playable on the Wii U eshop and the Wii eshop using backwards compatibility? I only have a Wii U and I'm currently hooked on Zelda. Played WW, SS and TP so looking for some retro Zelda to sink my teeth into!

I don't even have a Nintendo platform and I'm almost tempted to buy a few of these. Links Awakening or the Oracles games are amazing value.

mclem

Hmmm. I think I have all the offered Zelda titles in some form, which is a shame, because I'd love to cash in on that Hyrule Warriors discount.

Edit: Actually, reading the fine print, are you *sure* you had to have made a purchase within the time period? I can't spot anything explicitly stating that.

Newline

22% fan discount on A Link Between Worlds

So if I buy another Zelda game I can get ALBW for the price i've always been able to get in on Amazon for? Thanks nintendo.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hmmm. I think I have all the offered Zelda titles in some form, which is a shame, because I'd love to cash in on that Hyrule Warriors discount.

Edit: Actually, reading the fine print, are you *sure* you had to have made a purchase within the time period? I can't spot anything explicitly stating that.
You will get the discount if you own any if the other Zelda titles, you don't have to buy an extra game from this sale.

mclem

You will get the discount if you own any if the other Zelda titles, you don't have to buy an extra game from this sale.

Suspected that may be the case, but I've also sent a tweet to ask. OP isn't quite accurate if that's true.

I do still need to solve the issue that I'm not actually in the country during that week...

I might get a Link to the Past, haven't played it for ten years must be due another run. That game holds so many memories for me, all of them good.

RiggyRob

Suspected that may be the case, but I've also sent a tweet to ask. OP isn't quite accurate if that's true.

I do still need to solve the issue that I'm not actually in the country during that week...

If you can, ask them if the Link to the Past discount is wrong - 37% off £5.49 should be £3.49-ish, not £4.49.

Soodanim

I'll probably buy the Oracles and Minish, but I already have a £31 pre-order for Warriors that makes this not even worth considering.

Is there a way to do the Digital Deluxe Promotion for a NNID created on a 3ds? I want to partake when the US equivalent sale begins but my NNID was not created on a U and I'm not mixing all my accounts and purchases.

They don't respond to tweets. It was never highlighted in their original tweet that if you owned a game already you would get a discount so I'm not really sure on that. Might get an e-mail response.

tsab

That sad part it's I have every single one of them
Minish cap as a ambassador though

The sale could be better, but it's better than 0% I guess

Hyrule Warriors wasn't even particularly on my radar, but in a weird twist I could see myself getting it on digital for occasional Musou spills and thrills.

Remember people, Link to the Past is a crappy 50Hz version. As tempting as 37% off is, don't do it.

22% fan discount on A Link Between Worlds

So if I buy another Zelda game I can get ALBW for the price i've always been able to get in on Amazon for? Thanks nintendo.
Actually the Fan Discount is only for Hylyde Warriors, 3DS eShop can't do conditional sales (or cross buys). Everyone gets 22% off Link Between Worlds. Otherwise the point about Amazon price stands.

I have a feeling the GAME price for the eShop code will beat the fan discount...

Prices simply too high compared to retail boxed version.
Even OOT 3D? I'm surprised at how expensive that game still is...still in the case of OOT 3D it has been cheaper on the eShop in the past.

Is there a way to do the Digital Deluxe Promotion for a NNID created on a 3ds? I want to partake when the US equivalent sale begins but my NNID was not created on a U and I'm not mixing all my accounts and purchases.
If you don't get NNP points for using a premium Wii U but first make the NNID on a 3DS sounds this like something to contact customer support about (as I feel the premium console is the gateway here). Btw, you do know that only get NNP points for Wii U eShop purchases...

As for US equivalent sale. I wouldn't count on it happening (NES Remix and Smash Bros character sales did not). Don't feel too bad, convert these "sale" prices to $s...

oti

Banned
Bought a cheap ALBW code off eBay (those bundled with the special edition XL) and sold my physical copy so nah, I'm good.
I own some full retail digital 3DS games but only due to Special Editions (Zelda), promotions (SM3DL) or mistakes (Mario & Luigi).

zsidane

I already have WWHD downloaded from the eShop. Doesn it mean I can have the 10% off from Hyrule Warriors?

I'm trying to read the fine prints but can't see it mentioned that a Zelda game needs to be bought during the sale period.

Can any one confirm please ?

Edit:
I'm positive it doesn't say you have to buy a Zelda game during the sale period (as opposed to what the OP says) but:
Nintendo Europe said:
If you downloaded a "The Legend of Zelda" game from the eShop

So those who bought the WiiU Zelda bundle are entiteld to the 10% off during first week when the game is released.

I'm trying to read the fine prints but can't see it mentioned that a Zelda game needs to be bought during the sale period.

Can any one confirm please ?
I read the fine print as saying you need then before you download Hylyde Warriors.

Also the small print goes out of the way to mention that Four Swords anniversary does not count. Which they wouldn't if it was something bought in the promo period (as that has not been out for years), unless...Four Swords in coming back for the promo period? (oh god, I might have to link my NNID up and abandon being able to switch countries :( )

3bdelilah

Banned
I think it's time I play Link's Awakening (despite having had the ending spoiled) and both Oracles.

I've never bought something from the eShop before, is there a way to add exactly 12 Euro on my account, or does it need to be something in tenfold (20 in this case) like the cards?

Shantom

I think it's time I play Link's Awakening (despite having had the ending spoiled) and both Oracles.

I've never bought something from the eShop before, is there a way to add exactly 12 Euro on my account, or does it need to be something in tenfold (20 in this case) like the cards?
You can add the exact amount you need to buy what's in your basket.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Time to put some funds in my eshop wallet.

Finally going to get Link's Awakening DX, it's been a looooong time I haven't played that game. Maybe I'll cave and finlly try out the Oracle games.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yes! Yes! Zelda was all that was missing from my 3DS backlog outside of th SMT4. Tis a good time. A good time indeed.

Top Bottom