• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Game on Windows 8 Marketplace

ElRenoRaven

Forgive me if there has been something on this. I searched and found nothing. I know we've had posts about blatant copying of games before but I've not seen one this interesting.

Anyway I was looking on the Windows 8 marketplace tonight and found this gem as one of it's new releases.

QIZYy.png

Now I'm no expert but doesn't anything posted in Microsoft's marketplace have to be approved? Couldn't this not only get the games creator in trouble but Microsoft too? I'd think the name alone could cause some trouble.

*Edit*

Also here are the reviews for your pleasure. It's apparently buggy as hell too.

flippedb

Banned
Well, Zelda is a name, it's not copyrighted. The art style is not even equal to Zelda games.

But Ninty will pull it down anyway.

Yeah, it won't last another day.

Intelligent monsters that turn AND face you!? That's just too much for this Earth to handle.

Sean

Banned
Love how the screenshot caption simply says "RPG Game"

And then the description refers to it as a "role playing game game" lol.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Say goodbye to your company, Microsoft. Nintendo's legal team is about to tear you to pieces.

Now I'm no expert but doesn't anything posted in Microsoft's marketplace have to be approved? Couldn't this not only get the games creator in trouble but Microsoft too? I'd think the name alone could cause some trouble.

Also here are the reviews for your pleasure. It's apparently buggy as hell too.

No.

how is someone at Microsoft supposed to know if some 3rd party developer or publisher licensed IP from some other company?

if it's not licensed, Nintendo can send a DMCA takedown request.

ElRenoRaven

No.

how is someone at Microsoft supposed to know if some 3rd party developer or publisher licensed IP from some other company?

if it's not licensed, Nintendo can send a DMCA takedown request.

Oh I don't know. Read the description they supplied Microsoft maybe? I do understand what you're saying though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
"Indie" is not a label that allows people to rip other people's trademarks and works.

Its sad some people just seem to forget that.

Top Bottom