• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda *New* 3DS XL back in stock @ GameStop on Wednesday 3/25

I got mine at launch but I hope everyone else who wants one is able to do so without paying an arm and a leg through scalpers. I couldn't care less about the value of my console, I just want everyone else to enjoy it.

FYI everyone, be on the lookout for SHENANIGANS. I just called a nearby gamestop and they said they would not be receiving any. When I brought up the above internal memo they said that they didn't get it.

I called another gamestop and they confirmed the internal memo and that they should have units tomorrow but couldn't confirm when they would have them. they told me the internal memo is 100% on their intranet and that all stores would be getting 4 units.

I called back the first store with that info and they told me they would be 100% not receiving them and that no such internal memo exists. Sounds to me like the employees there are planning on holding these for themselves / selling them to friends.

Sure, there are other possibilities, but why were they so quick to deny it completely to me when a gamestop down the street confirmed it happily? Shenanigans?
Shenanigans.
I hate shit like that.

Anyway, I really want to get one, but my original works perfectly fine, and I don't really play my 3DS enough to warrant a $200 purchase anyway. Kinda sucks that I likely won't have the option in the future, though.

SeanTSC

Going to try to get one from mine, but I don't have much hope. Haven't opened my Majora's Mask CE game yet to play it since I was wanting a New 3DS XL first heh.

//ARCANUM

I hate shit like that.

Anyway, I really want to get one, but my original works perfectly fine, and I don't really play my 3DS enough to warrant a $200 purchase anyway. Kinda sucks that I likely won't have the option in the future, though.

yeah it pisses me off, I mean, I'd be fine if they said they "didn't know" or something like that. but to tell me that the internal memo doesn't exist after I've SEEN it (here) and talked to another store that confirmed it, i mean why go out of your way to deny it unless you're hiding something?

SalvaPot

So they are already sold out in my area or have yt to recieve them,either way I am way too far away to bring myself to care,

fernoca

The stores most likely appear out of stock, simply because the shipments will start arriving tomorrow. Some stores receive their shipments by 1PM, but don't open them until later...or even the next day. It depends mostly.

Gameboy415

These may be in-stock at your local store today!

I checked the store locator online earlier this afternoon and saw that almost every store in my area was showing it as 'in-stock'.
I called my local store, had them put one on hold, and picked it up 10 minutes later! :D
Most of the stores that showed stock 2-3 hours ago seem to have already sold out so don't hesitate if you want one!

Click on the 'View Stores' button under 'Check Store Availability' on the product page and put in your Zip code:

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-majoras-mask-edition/119888

Good luck and hope this helps! :D

Kadin

A friend picked one up in KY a few hours ago. Apparently some stores are already selling them.
My local store said they'd be sold as soon as they got em. Sucks that I finally ended up buying a black XL as I figured these were gone for good. Contemplating buying then selling my black. Just a hassle..,

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Tempting, but the only reason i'd get one is to sell it, i'd rather let someone else get it.... and then sell it.

//ARCANUM

These may be in-stock at your local store today!

I checked the store locator online earlier this afternoon and saw that almost every store in my area was showing it as 'in-stock'.
I called my local store, had them put one on hold, and picked it up 10 minutes later! :D
Most of the stores that showed stock 2-3 hours ago seem to have already sold out so don't hesitate if you want one!

Click on the 'View Stores' button under 'Check Store Availability' on the product page and put in your Zip code:

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-majoras-mask-edition/119888

Good luck and hope this helps! :D

So they're just selling them as soon as they get them now lol. So much for internal memos instructing them on what to do lol. Here's to chaos! The GameStop way!

Maengun1

Gah this thread makes me paranoid. After hearing about some GStops selling them already I had to stop in for peace of mind. The same guy I talked to a few hours ago on the phone was there.

Me: "Hi...you told me you'd have the Zelda 3ds tomorrow afternoon......but uh....do you have it now?"

Him: ".....no?"

Lul

Dammit, back to waiting for tomorrow.

SeanTSC

So, it's not letting me check if it's available in stores on the Gamestop page for it anymore. Just says online only and out of stock. I hope that's just temporary and it turns back on if a store gets stuff in.

//ARCANUM

So, it's not letting me check if it's available in stores on the Gamestop page for it anymore. Just says online only and out of stock. I hope that's just temporary and it turns back on if a store gets stuff in.

i was about to post this, the item has switched to ONLINE only and no longer has the ability to check stock in stores....

KU_

Same here. Called my local GS as well and they spoke as if they had no idea they were getting another shipment.

2 stores in my area didn't get anything, the other store got theirs and sold them immediately. They all said they received a ton of calls about it.

//ARCANUM

This is pretty nuts already. I think I'm giving up preemptively unless I happen to get one on gamestop.com at just the right millisecond lol

wait, what? did your store sell it early?

Yep, walked in during my lunch break just to kill time and saw it on the shelf, purchased it immediately. Didn't even know they were going to be selling them, just got lucky.

What really pisses me off though is that this system doesn't come with an AC adapter. How the fuck is that even possible?

Got mine in western suburbs of Chicago, doing the system transfer now.

So damn excited. Looks like they pulled the ability to check stores for stock.

tlPKeSCl.jpg

//ARCANUM

nice, thanks!

If I already have a micro sd card in my old 3DS (via adapter) can I just put it in my new system and be done?

you have to do system transfer, you do not want to transfer your games and content wirelessly (there should be an option to select no for this in the process). Should take about 10 mins. Then you pop out the micro sd card and put it in the new system. That's exactly what I did.

guek

Banned
I'd gladly buy one from a Gaffer who didn't want theirs. Seriously.

There are 3 gamestops relatively close to me. I'm planning on going to at least 2 so I can snag one for a friend as well. If I can get a third, I'll PM you and sell it to you for MSRP + shipping

//ARCANUM

There are 3 gamestops relatively close to me. I'm planning on going to at least 2 so I can snag one for a friend as well. If I can get a third, I'll PM you and sell it to you for MSRP + shipping

i would also take you up on this if the offer is available! i could also throw in tons of KARMA :)

every store is getting 4, some already have gotten them and sold them to customers. some won't get them till UPS delivers tomorrow. Some will sell them to customers only, some will probably let employees buy them ahead of customers. its all a giant crap shoot, the online inventory system won't track it since it was shipped to gamestop's directly.

Its all being sold in store only (not online) today and tomorrow, there will probably be lines at stores tomorrow morning. I wouldn't count on many employees knowing whats going on until someone wants to buy one and they hunt around and find it in their today/tomorrow UPS delivery boxes.

If you do get one I'd buy also the Hori clear TPU case for the new 3DS XL, its currently OOS on amazon but you can buy it at gamestop, best buy, etc
http://amzn.com/B00RZ7TC6Y

I'd also expect a big chunk of these sold at gamestop today/tomorrow to end up on eBay.

//ARCANUM

every store is getting 4, some already have gotten them and sold them to customers. some won't get them till UPS delivers tomorrow. Some will sell them to customers only, some will probably let employees buy them ahead of customers. its all a giant crap shoot, the online inventory system won't track it since it was shipped to gamestop's directly.

Its all being sold in store only (not online) today and tomorrow, there will probably be lines at stores tomorrow morning. I wouldn't count on many employees knowing whats going on until someone wants to buy one and they hunt around and find it in their today/tomorrow UPS delivery boxes.

If you do get one I'd buy also the Hori clear TPU case for the new 3DS XL, its currently OOS on amazon but you can buy it at gamestop, best buy, etc
http://amzn.com/B00RZ7TC6Y

I'd also expect a big chunk of these sold at gamestop today/tomorrow to end up on eBay.

the screenshot that was posted on the first page says that these will also be available on GameStop.com tomorrow... why are you saying they're in store only?

called 3 different gamestops and they all said the same thing "come here when we open tomorrow, first come first serve"

san diego area btw...

I just bought a red one like 2 weeks ago too... Oh well I am not a huge fan of having designs on my systems anyways. It'd be nice to have but I don't spend any time looking at the outside of the system while I'm playing games anyways.

//ARCANUM

I can't get the damn screws out of the bottom of the system... :(

fyi, they don't fully come out. you unscrew them until you hear the CLICK sound. then you have to snap off the backplate using the stylus (by applying pressure, more than you'd think, under the tabs on the sides)

Thanks, nice to have a little bit of hope. If you can't though, that's fine too. I really appreciate the offer either way. Like I said above, just coming back from vacation, I won't have any funds until the Third of April (if not the following Friday if I have some unexpected bills), so if you don't mind holding on to it, I take you up on you're offer ASAP.

I can't get the damn screws out of the bottom of the system... :(

In case you strip the screws you can buy a backup faceplate on the nintendo store USA
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...lse&productId=prod560313&categoryId=cat550080

The screws are just barely on really, use a type 0 phillips and just unscrew them to the point where they wiggle, you are NOT removing them. Then slowly pop the backplate off, with the screws still attached to it. Replace microSD card, and put it all back together.

I think I'll pass. At the time the hype was driving me to buy but it was unavailable. Now I'm getting a PS4 and MKX with my tax refund instead.

Top Bottom