• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda *New* 3DS XL back in stock @ GameStop on Wednesday 3/25

Just a heads up to those who want these, The Majora's Mask *New* 3DS XL is gonna be back in stock Wednesday the 25th at GameStop.com and stores will be getting these in stock for the first time.

A few notes:
- One per customer
- 4 per store
- extremely limited
- Not expected to get anymore in the future.

Notice: These are expected to arrive tomorrow and are to be sold upon arrival. This means most stores probably wont have them at open. I would call your store @ 8pm tonight before waiting outside your local GameStop cus they might not have em when they open. Ask when they expect their shipment tomorrow and aim for that time.

Lock if old.

georly

Hmm potentially, iv been "lied" to by our Nintendo rep because he was unable to talk about it. They tend to know a decent bit but they don't know everything. Nintendo could have manufactured more but originally planned not to.

It could be that some were just held up due to the shipping strike. They made XYZ amount but only shipped a percentage of it, due to costs.

hoserx

Hope more and more of these come out so I don't feel bad about not selling mine and getting a regular one for free.... want to see that ebay price fall! Good luck to everyone who wants one!

Thoraxes

It could be that some were just held up due to the shipping strike. They made XYZ amount but only shipped a percentage of it, due to costs.
It's likely this.

Hell, my local Target is still getting in shipments of Christmas items that they were supposed to receive in December, but they can't put them on shelves because it's way too late So they're being stored till next year. Anything in bulk was totally fucked because of the strike, so if there's anything that can make it over in bulk or in remaining shipments, you'll start seeing more of the, in the coming months. Likely the same for amiibos too.

Tom_Cody

I'm just numb to this stuff at this point. They will surely be plucked up by scalpers who care entirely more about this than I do.

Also, I'm entirely happy with my 'New Black' system at this point.

Awww man,I exhausted my funds on an overseas trip and won't get any money until the 3rd. If it's in store only maybe I'll have a chance at my local Gamestop in my tiny little town.

SalvaPot

Expect lots of people waiting inside the store for them to arrive. Can´t blame them, they keep on getting more expensive on ebay. The line for target when it released was on the 50´s.

Megatron

The good news is a lot of people already have New 3ds's and won't bother. This isn't like before when nobody had one. I held off when I couldn't get a limited system. I will try again.

I have been holding off on getting a N3DSXL until June for my birthday, but if I snag one of these, I might be getting an early bday present.

I can only hope that I hit this online at the right time and luck out, doubt I can get to a GameStop to get it in person.

Good luck to all those that go for one, hopefully you aren't buying mine!

LogN

Just want to address this now. Do not expect your local store to hold these if you call. I can tell you my store will not. It isn't to be malicious, but too often someone will call and say they are coming and don't. On top of that, my mindset is that everyone has a fair shot, not the person who picks up the phone first.

I'm impartial and equal to all my customers, so I tend not to hold hard to find items so everyone else gets a fair shake.

Hate me if you wish, but I wanted to get this in now.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Meh. I'm over you, gold XL. I'm with my shiny black MonHun 4 UK 3ds now. So hot.

Megatron

On top of that, my mindset is that everyone has a fair shot, not the person who picks up the phone first.

I'm impartial and equal to all my customers, so I tend not to hold hard to find items so everyone else gets a fair shake.

Hate me if you wish, but I wanted to get this in now.

But you are doing the same thing, because people work and can't just show up to gamestop any time. What's the difference between selling it to the first person who asks you about it before it cones out and the first person that walks in the door after you receive it? Either way its first come first serve. The only fair way would be to distribute lottery tickets for a week and select the people who can buy from that.

spookyfish

Well, this would sure be nicer than the All Zelda, All The Time bundle I had to buy from GameStop, but I've sold everything I didn't need but the guide -- so, I'm kinda fine with it.

Best of luck to those who want it.

For those on the fence: It looks much better in person.

But you are doing the same thing, because people work and can't just show up to gamestop any time. What's the difference between selling it to the first person who asks you about it before it cones out and the first person that walks in the door after you receive it? Either way its first come first serve. The only fair way would be to distribute lottery tickets for a week and select the people who can buy from that.
first come first served means the first person standing at the counter able to pay for something gets it. there are no dibs over the phone for first come first served.

BS. I already spent funds on a normal black unit.

Usually, when Nintendo means "limited", they mean it...I guess this is one of their exceptions, eh?

Rootbeer

Banned
More like... do not trust these reps to be the ultimate fount of all knowledge. I've ran into LEGO reps at Toys R Us and asked them stuff, half of what they told me was straight wrong. They're just people doing their job (not always well), mostly they're there to see what changes they can make in that particular store as far as getting more stock on the shelves.

//ARCANUM

Anyone have any idea when they might show up on Gamestop.com? Having to go to work like a normal person tomorrow, I pretty much have no chance of just standing around at gamestop waiting for a shipment to arrive...

Megatron

first come first served means the first person standing at the counter able to pay for something gets it. there are no dibs over the phone for first come first served.

Which is fine. But acting like that is inherrently more fair is incorrect. In either case its random chance who happens to be first.

//ARCANUM

Which is fine. But acting like that is inherrently more fair is incorrect. In either case its random chance who happens to be first.

I agree. If there was a formal line, then I would agree that first in store to get it gets it (as opposed to reserving), as there would be a formal line, so obviously whoever is there first gets it first. But with a "who knows when they'll show up" system, then its just kinda insanity.

edit - and means impossible to get for any of us that have to work tomorrow :/

double edit - i'm expecting the gamestop.com bundle to be over $1,000 and also include a PS4, an XBOX One, a Wii U and an NVIDIA Shield cause why not? (and every amiibo and skylander ever made)

LogN

I know what I said sounds shitty, I know many work during the day. But I can bet most stores will have people waiting outside for this, so realistically I can't take a phone call hold when people are right in front of us.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

//ARCANUM

I know what I said sounds shitty, I know many work during the day. But I can bet most stores will have people waiting outside for this, so realistically I can't take a phone call hold when people are right in front of us.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

People waiting outside I'm cool with, I just wish there was a formal line and a 10am release or something. But I know that's out of your hands. I wish corporate was allowing that. It's a tough situation and you're probably right to stick with the customers that are waiting there all day. Just wish I could be there! Oh well I'll hound GameStop.com and hope I get lucky.

They are in stock everywhere around here

E77Ytpc.jpg

//ARCANUM

They are in stock everywhere around here

E77Ytpc.jpg

all X's anywhere within an hour of austin, texas... will it allow you to actually place an order on one of those for in store pickup?

edit - nvm, i just entered your zip and it doesn't even have an in store pickup option, only call store.

Maengun1

OMG!

I just called my GameStop. He confirmed that they are expecting to receive 4 of the MM consoles tomorrow...sadly, he wouldn't let me reserve one. First come first served. He said the shipments usually arrive there around noon, and the store opens at 10. I'm probably going to go right at 10 and park myself at the desk until 12 and see what happens. He said I was the first person who called about it, and it's a small town, so it's looking good.

I've been dying for a New 3DS XL since they came out, but forced myself to be patient for exactly this reason (missed out on pre-ordering the MM edition, and had to work the morning it came out). I actually picked up the red console in a store last week but had the willpower to set it back down and walk away. Excited!

//ARCANUM

FYI everyone, be on the lookout for SHENANIGANS. I just called a nearby gamestop and they said they would not be receiving any. When I brought up the above internal memo they said that they didn't get it.

I called another gamestop and they confirmed the internal memo and that they should have units tomorrow but couldn't confirm when they would have them. they told me the internal memo is 100% on their intranet and that all stores would be getting 4 units.

I called back the first store with that info and they told me they would be 100% not receiving them and that no such internal memo exists. Sounds to me like the employees there are planning on holding these for themselves / selling them to friends.

Sure, there are other possibilities, but why were they so quick to deny it completely to me when a gamestop down the street confirmed it happily? Shenanigans?
Shenanigans.

Top Bottom