• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda New 3DS XL consoles canceled by Best Buy for those who ordered more than one

_woLf

I'm glad that retailers are taking steps to make it limited to one per customer, personally.

Sure, there are situations where it harms a legitimate customer but it's worth it to combat scalpers.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You should mention that the orders cancelled are apparently for people who ordered more than 1

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Didn't think I'd say "good" when I clicked on the thread.

Ultima_5

good. chances most people who ordered more than one are scalping. sucks for those with multiple kids and what not.

why wouldn't your friends just order their own?

thread title should be editted to mention they're cancelling those who got more than one. kind of misleading otherwise.

bronk

Banned
Im not getting one but im glad they did that. The scalpers are killing me, snatching up everything I want.

Revven

I got scared for a second and then clicked the thread and I breathed a sigh of relief.

I only have one on pre-order so I'm good.

Koppai

What's your reasoning for ordering more than one? How many did you order?
1 for me, and 1 each for 3 of my friends. But oh well.

I called Best Buy and they said the reason was because they aren't getting that many and so they can give everyone atleast one.

Only reason I ordered is because I was at GameStop trying to order it and it went out of stock while we were there.

Jobbs

Banned
I had two on order and had one cancelled. It wasn't for a friend -- in fact, at the time I wasn't sure why I ordered it. I just got excited. Was thinking of maybe holding a contest and giving it away on twitter for fun/good will/to try and drum up some followers. In any case, I think it's good that they enforce this policy on LE items like this.

Marceles

Whew, saw this thread on twitter and it ended on "consoles canceled by Best Buy", thought mine got canceled for a second

LQX

This is pure shit. I ordered one for myself and one for my nephew and they canceled my order. Not fucking fair for those of us not looking to resell them as there were no limits.

Muzy72

Banned
Get fucked, scalpers. I feel bad for the legitimate buyers who needed 2+, but it's a necessary evil.

Hopefully retailers start doing this for certain amiibo too.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
These things aren't exactly limited are they? Won't there be some available a few weeks after the initial rapture?

TI82

Banned
1 for me, and 1 each for 3 of my friends. But oh well.

I called Best Buy and they said the reason was because they aren't getting that many and so they can give everyone atleast one.

Only reason I ordered is because I was at GameStop trying to order it and it went out of stock while we were there.

Dont really buy that excuse but doesn't matter since they got canceled anyway.

wiibomb

This is pure shit. I ordered one for myself and one for my nephew and they canceled my order. Not fucking fair for those of us not looking to resell them as there were no limits.

there is no distinction between a person who buys more than one for a good cause like a friend and a scalper, this is the most logical decision imo

Vitacat

While this is ultimately a good policy, I do feel bad for people who wanted two for honest reasons, i.e. 2 people in the household who wanted one.

In my case, my wife and I are both getting New 3DS XL's. She wanted the black over all other colors - she prefers understated and has no interest in LE's. I ordered a black as well, but also ordered a MM because I couldn't decide which I want more. So for now I will have both.

Anyway, if this hurts scalpers that's great.

Top Bottom