• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Pre-order bonus - Where is it?

Kevtones

Seriously. Zelda TP is being released in a fricking month and there has been nothing, and I mean nothing mentioned as far as a pre-order bonus. Is it safe to assume there is no such bonus or Collectors Edition?

In contrast, I'd like to note that I'm impressed with how tight-lipped Nintendo has remained about Zelda. We really know next to nothing about the title and its only a month away.

Amir0x

Banned
Zelda:TP has got to be the most shrouded in mystery Zelda of all time, which is odd since it's also by far the most elaborate and fully featured of any Zelda production.

I really wonder why Nintendo ain't going above and beyond the call of duty for this one! Would love some Zelda VC downloads for free at the very least as a pre-order bonus.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
There's no need for a pre order bonus because its coming out for launch.

Plenty of impulse buys there.

Kevtones

elostyle said:
Everyone is gonna buy it anyways.

True, and having it launch beside a system definitely removes some of the incentive of adding it in. Still though, with so many delays and such antipication, it seems almost anti-climactic to not offer something a little extra.

Personally I like how Nintendo have kept so quiet on the game. We've seen some informative trailers, but I still feel like I barely know anything about the game. It's keeping me on my toes and anxious to get my hands on it.

Amir0x

Banned
Alkaliine said:
Personally I like how Nintendo have kept so quiet on the game. We've seen some informative trailers, but I still feel like I barely know anything about the game. It's keeping me on my toes and anxious to get my hands on it.

Yeah, I definitely dig that most of it is gonna be a surprise. But I can still be surprised and get a rad pre-order bonus :(

Amir0x

Banned
How would I know? I don't know what Nintendo's plans are for the next 4 weeks! It's really crunch time, so things should start coming fast.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The pre-order bonus will be a framed picture of iwata you can hang up in your basement.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
It's because they've run out of things to plate gold.

sp0rsk said:
The pre-order bonus will be a framed picture of iwata you can hang up in your basement.

mysetup1wv9.jpg

Amir0x said:
How would I know? I don't know what Nintendo's plans are for the next 4 weeks! It's really crunch time, so things should start coming fast.

Sorry.:lol

I did hear that Gamestop (?) is holding a TP Launch Party or something like that. Maybe they'll have an exclusive bonus or something.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I think there are LOTS of people here who would spend 50+ bucks extra for that one ^^

edit: obviously meant @ sporsksksks's iwata-framed-thingy. sk.

Polari

There's not really much point in one, seeing as it's a launch title, everyone's going to buy it anyway. I'd be happy with a code to download the first one from the Virtual Console with, personally.

AniHawk

I expect a gold case/disc thing for collector's AND one of the following:

T-Shirt
OST
Artbook
VC DLs

Or any sort of combo of those all. I was just talking about this today, too. It's the #1 most highly anticipated game since OoT, and it may not even get something as good as TWW's bonus (which was awesome).

I'd really love to have an OST/artbook combo. That'd be **** awesome. Hope you get something for getting the GC version as well. :D

AniHawk said:
I expect a gold case/disc thing for collector's AND one of the following:

T-Shirt
OST
Artbook
VC DLs

Or any sort of combo of those all. I was just talking about this today, too. It's the #1 most highly anticipated game since OoT, and it may not even get something as good as TWW's bonus (which was awesome).

I'd really love to have an OST/artbook combo. That'd be **** awesome. Hope you get something for getting the GC version as well. :D

Pffft, we all know Amir0x pre-ordered the Wii version. He just couldn't resist.

It really is incredible how little we actually know about this damn game. It doesn't bother me, I wish the industry was more like that across the board, but still it's very unusual for such a huge video game.

AniHawk

Chris Remo said:
It really is incredible how little we actually know about this damn game. It doesn't bother me, I wish the industry was more like that across the board, but still it's very unusual for such a huge video game.
So true. I'm staying off these boards until I beat the game because I know one of you ****ers will try to ruin it for me.

I even had TWW and even the best game of all-time, OOT, spoiled ahead of time. NEVER AGAIN.

Amir0x

Banned
what would GAF do if after the first dungeon a message popped up and said 'please pay 5000 nintendo points for the next dungeon (coming January 31st!)'?

Chris Remo said:

Very true.

These days game and movie trailers practically show you the whole thing before you even get to play/watch.

TP's had some nice trailer, but all the scenes they've selected have been very different, meaning it's hard to piece together anything.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
what would GAF do if after the first dungeon a message popped up and said 'please pay 5000 nintendo points for the next dungeon'?

I think gaming itself would implode if the best game of all-time were to do that.

Amir0x said:
what would GAF do if after the first dungeon a message popped up and said 'please pay 5000 nintendo points for the next dungeon (coming January 31st!)'?

Second NeoGAF thread to break 10,000 posts.

Kevtones

Zelda OST would be marvelous :D
Gold packaging is a MUST
A VC game included free would be lovely (give us LTTP please)

There was an old, old quote about there being a Premium/LE edition of Twilight Princess, if I remember correctly, but I think that was even before they announced the Wii version.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Amir0x said:

After all the account suicides and bannings, I doubt that their would be that many members of Gaf left.

Glass Joe

hmm, i wonder if this game will be reviewed harshly simply because it's essentially a GC port with (as far as we know) no graphical improvements (save widescreen and possibly pro scan).

in fact, i wonder if all wii games will be blasted by the press simply because the industry traditionally puts such a strong focus on graphics. kind of like Red Steel, arguably being the best looking Wii game, getting a 6.0 for graphics because it doesn't match next gen PS3 & Xbox 360 games... I'll be curious to find out if sites are professional enough to rate the games by the console's limitations.

however, zelda is something different entirely. even though the art style is great and still impressive looking, it can technically be done on GC. so will it get docked accordingly, even if it's one of the best zelda games ever?

SantaC

eh I also wonder when the first reviews and marketing of this game will start. We probably have to wait until November knowing Nintendo.

big_z

I expect nintendo to include a free vc download for one of the other zelda games or something.

As for not knowing much about the game im happy we dont. WW was ruined by the amount of info showing off all the dungeons and jackasses posting spoilers.

Glass Joe said:
hmm, i wonder if this game will be reviewed harshly simply because it's essentially a GC port with (as far as we know) no graphical improvements (save widescreen and possibly pro scan).

I hope so. Nintendo deserves it.

Xdrive05

Amir0x, you're our last hope. Please keep GAF from spoiling TP. Or maybe have one thread dedicated to post-launch zelda, in which people can put all spoilers if they must.

AniHawk said:
First one to do it in one days.
People would go ape shit.

But i like i know Nothing about Zelda.
Its gonna be hard keeping away from Zelda spoilers between Nov 19th and Dec 8th. I’ll finally play a Zelda game were 99% of it is surprising!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Maybe because this time there's no need to resort to bribery?

AniHawk said:
So true. I'm staying off these boards until I beat the game because I know one of you ****ers will try to ruin it for me.

I even had TWW and even the best game of all-time, OOT, spoiled ahead of time. NEVER AGAIN.

Ditto. It's going to be hard though since GAF is pretty addicting. :lol

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
SantaC said:
eh I also wonder when the first reviews and marketing of this game will start. We probably have to wait until November knowing Nintendo.

I think next issue of EGM is supposed to have ps3 and Wii reviews.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Technically there WAS a preorder bonus for the GCN game. I got my Twilight Princess t-shirt back in June or July of 05.

Chemo

I remembered that Reggie promised a collector's edition over a year and a half ago in an interview with Gamespot, and searched the site but could not find the piece. Then I decided to use some engines, and pulled up not only the quote, but a direct link to where the quote *was* but no longer *is*.

The quote: "We [Nintendo] want them to leave feeling that 'Wow, Zelda is going to be a huge hit and I want it now. And I'm going to go to my local retailer and put a deposit for the super premium edition of the game,' which we'll make available."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/11/news_6120358.html

It's no longer there unless both my eyes and Firefox's search page are not functioning properly. Looks like the interview was cut off halfway, with no second page that I can see (revisionist history, Gamespot -- nice).

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4543 -- discussion on this interview
http://www.n-philes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=278386&postcount=11 -- the full interview, not chopped off halfway

I mean, I don't know. Based on the other stuff he was talking about in relation to Zelda, about the Q4 05 release date, etc, there's no way in hell he was referring to a Wii version as the "super premium edition." The fact that we've heard nothing about a limited version so close to release and the fact that as far as I can tell Gamespot removed it completely from the interview sure makes me think that there's no chance of an actual limited edition or any kind of pre-order bonus whatsoever. I could be wrong, but the game is going to sell Wiis whether it comes in a metal case or a paper sleeve so it'll probably be another example of Nintendo doing just enough to get by and not a millimeter more.

If it ends up that there is no deluxe version of Zelda, I really hope some interviewer remembers this quote and really lays into Reggie. This is like Iwata's "Smash Bros available at launch" lie when Sakurai hadn't even been asked to make the game yet.

By the by, apparently the Twilight Princess strategy guide description talks about a certain collectable in the game along with the Pieces of Heart. It's called
Poe Souls.
They've been in previous games before, but I'm guessing they have more significance if it's outlined in the description.

Top Bottom