• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda U/NX promo image leaks from Amazon.com

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Anyone else think Nintendo may also tackle the ridiculously huge boss fight that FFXV and scalebound had today?

Maybe not that size, but Zelda series is no stranger of massive bosses. Would be nice to see more that we can actually scale in one way or another.

If we are running with the giant swords theory, take a look at the tower at the very start of the TGA vid, looks like it could be the base of a giant bow?!

Don't think anyone is running with the giant swords theory, they're almost without question the same as the tower we saw in the Game Awards demo.

maxcriden

Just sword shaped. It might only be me and vareon talking about it, lol, I just noticed it quoted on the last page

Oh, gotcha, thanks for the info. Well, you know I'm always happy to believe any of your theories! Given what Fi ended up being, you never know how the Master Sword will come into play in Zelda.

ReyVGM

New page countdown.

VmRSp5s.gif

Rösti;206715137 said:

Oh, gotcha, thanks for the info. Well, you know I'm always happy to believe any of your theories! Given what Fi ended up being, you never know how the Master Sword will come into play in Zelda.

There are several of them in the latest art with the blue glow which reminds me of the beacon Aonuma set at the Game Awards demo with Miyamoto.

Seems pretty clear to me that they are towers in the distance.

maxcriden

There are several of them in the latest art with the blue glow which reminds me of the beacon Aonuma set at the Game Awards demo with Miyamoto.

Seems pretty clear to me that they are towers in the distance.

I agree, but even if they are towers, they could still have a surprising in-lore reasoning for their existence.

Simbabbad

That doesn't make sense given what we've seen in the past. Shiek in OoT, all on her own. Tetra in WW, effectively all on her own leading a pirate crew. Zelda in SS, not on her own but going on her own adventure.
Neither Tetra nor Sheik are exactly Zelda, and neither is playable. Tetra doesn't even know she is Zelda, and you know who Sheik is very late in the game - and she doesn't have a kingdom to rule then. Even if the game explains, like in Ocarina of Time, that Zelda lost her kingdom and wants to fight to get it back, you don't put your ruler on the first line in a battle when you have tons of supporters, you put pawns you can lose - like Link.

The Legend of Zelda is about a nobody becoming a hero through adventure and fighting, a grain of sand gripping a master plan, making the princess the hero makes no sense at all. Just the fact nobody knows who Link is and you can inhabit the character plays a crucial part in the series vs. everybody obviously recognizing the ruler of Hyrule. Sorry, but it's a dumb idea that goes against everything in the series. It'd make much more sense to have a customizable Link, including gender.

Hmm, what's the basis for that?
I guess people got the idea from Hyrule Warriors.

HW_Ganon%27s_Castle_2.png

It's silly IMO. I mean, it looked cool in Hyrule Warriors, but it's silly to think it's a sword on the scenery and not a tower.

Top Bottom