• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenimax is launching DOOM 3 VR Edition for PlayStation VR in March.

Wonko_C

I'm hoping against hope this isn't the mature rated VR game by Id Software that got recently listed in the Australian rating boards. Still happy about it, though.

Yes I know Quest and PCVR users can already play DOOM 3 in VR. Leave us PSVR peasants alone!

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
That thread title bro.

Cool news tho. Btw won't they release this on PC? As far as I know the DOOM 3 VR on PC is just a mod for the BGF Edition, and nothing officialy released.

TriSuit666

Banned
That thread title bro.

Cool news tho. Btw won't they release this on PC? As far as I know the DOOM 3 VR on PC is just a mod for the BGF Edition, and nothing officialy released.
I might be wrong, but it's just Doom 3 Vanilla isn't it? It doesn't have the expansions...

Mokus

"Microsoft - owned Zenimax"??? Trying to turn this into a fanboy war too much? Most likely this was in development for the PSVR way before the official acquisition announcement.

Doom 3 now, Half Life 2 next.🙏

Loope

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I might be wrong, but it's just Doom 3 Vanilla isn't it? It doesn't have the expansions...
Yeah sorry, I was talking about the already existing PC DOOM 3 VR, not this new releasw for Playstation.

That said... Kinda weird if they release it without the expansion imo. The game is already old enough to not come as some kind of full edition.

TheMan

well here's hoping they dont' fuck it up like they fucked up their previous Doom vr game. Also hoping for a PC VR port at some point

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Why the thread title? Console war is a hell of a drug.
I think is more salty the op then Microsoft fans

End of the ot sorry
VR topics are often ignored so I had to put something catchy in the title to get attention. In retrospect it was a really bad idea. Can some mod change the title, please?

Console wars are beneath me. VR gaming trumps them all. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Drewpee

Banned

I'm hoping against hope this isn't the mature rated VR game by Id Software that got recently listed in the Australian rating boards. Still happy about it, though.

Yes I know Quest and PCVR users can already play DOOM 3 in VR. Leave us PSVR peasants alone!

Hopefully this is a sign of the future. As an Xbox fan, I love the idea of Bethesda games releasing day one on Gamepass but I'd be a little bummed if they locked off franchises like Doom, Fallout and Elder Scrools behind their platform. It would go against what Phil has preached throughout his time as head of Xbox.

TriSuit666

Banned
Yeah sorry, I was talking about the already existing PC DOOM 3 VR, not this new releasw for Playstation.

That said... Kinda weird if they release it without the expansion imo. The game is already old enough to not come as some kind of full edition.
Yeah, I was as well, the PCVR version is just the vanilla version, not the BFG version, which the Playstation one is.

EDIT: Hang on, just found a BFG Mod port that's different to the Dr Beef one.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
This is full movement with a Dualshock yes? Not that godawful teleporting bullshit?

Last edited:

Wonko_C

This is full movement with a Dualshock yes? Not that godawful teleporting bullshit?
There is a lot of running around in the trailer, no teleporting. Judging from the trailer it looks like it could be using a similar scheme to Hitman 3. Let's pray for Aim support.

EDIT: Thanks for the title change!

Last edited:
I'm hoping against hope this isn't the mature rated VR game by Id Software that got recently listed in the Australian rating boards
Oh no!

I think you're right, man.

this is just a mod, they probably took the very pc mod and bought it to psvr. Very low effort, still missing shadows...

oh crap, horrible if they're really not working in something new

Airbus Jr

Banned
I never play Doom 3 but if its anything like Doom Eternal guaranteed it will give me motion sickness and vomiting playing that thing on VR

The fast pace movement in Doom game + VR is just not for me

Last edited:
Have you tried Doom 3 VR? It's not meh at all. This is actually huge.
The first official version converted to VR, even the mods and ports of it are amazing with 1-3 man dev teams.

probably a job sim fan. "VR games should be in closed rooms manipulating tea cups"

I dont really want to play Doom in VR

I never play Doom 3 but if its anything like Eternal guaranteed it will give me motion sickness and vomit

The fast pace movement in Doom game + VR isnt just for me

grow your VR legs and don't take away the fun of people who can handle it

I've played all past Doom and Quake in VR, including VFR based on new Doom.

The last Doom game on psvr had full locomotive DS4 and AIM support.

hopefully Aim too, but they can learn something from Bethesda port of Skyrim to Moves. Heck, they really should learn how to do it from Borderlands, that has equally as hectic shooting action that still works great with Moves.

There is a lot of running around in the trailer, no teleporting. Judging from the trailer it looks like it could be using a similar scheme to Hitman 3. Let's pray for Aim support.

EDIT: Thanks for the title change!

please not like Hitman, with ds4. The action is far slower there, human paced. You have time to actually aim. Even head aim with ds4 for standard locomotion, like in VFR, would be better. I still have hopes to see Hitman 3 getting Move support.

but I really hope Doom 3 goes for Moves the way Borderlands use them.

I never play Doom 3 but if its anything like Doom Eternal guaranteed it will give me motion sickness and vomiting playing that thing on VR

The fast pace movement in Doom game + VR is just not for me

It's not. It's a very slow paced game that's trying for a more horror focus. There's still a lot of shooting but it's very linear and grounded with you only facing a few enemies at a time.

Romulus

I'm wondering how this will look compared to the Quest 2 port. Theres a pretty big difference in power there, especially compared with the ps4 pro. Probably around 4x the GPU power but running at a lower resolution because of the headset. I'm guessing supersampling max 60hz OR 120hz maybe at max standard resolution.

Keep in mind the Quest 2 port looks good already so if this port takes advantage of the hardware it could be interesting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom