• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games [2-pack] announced (PS4/Vita, Spring 2017)

"Someone disagree with me, quick, let's call them names indirectly and question their intelligence".
You're a sad and pathetic person.
Yo, taking offense to a non-offensive post is your prerogative, especially when it corrects your incorrect assessment on why fans dislike ZTD, but responding with ad hominem isn't exactly your best course of discourse.

Try again though, maybe you'll get some actual debate out instead of a bad strawman.

Wait, 999 is getting VO? Please for the love of all things holy get Jamieson Price for Ace and Liam O'brien for Snake. I NEED this to happen.

Yasumi

Banned
This. Need a standalone physical release. I don't want to buy VLR twice. Who makes these decisions.

Considering the amount of voice acting 999 will potentially have, they probably want to charge full price (or at least have both versions be $40). Including both games would kind of justify it, from a consumer value perspective.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Two things:

1. VLR is already on Vita tho.

2. DS is the best way to experience 999 for reasons

What's interesting is the EU VLR version in this pack will include the English VA, which was missing in the previous version. But yeah, 999 on DS will be hard to beat.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Woah what? That's so weird

In Europe, VLR was published by RSG, not Aksys. Aksys were the ones who did the dub, so since they only published the NA version, that was the only one that had it.
Aksys are publishing this rerelease in Europe this time, so it will have their dub as well.

I want standalone Vita 999 :\

Maybe I'll print my own cover,
and cut the cart in half.

I guess it's nice that they're letting new people play the series on PS4, hopefully it sells enough to fund the third game.

999 is a fantastic game that people should relish the chance to play.

VLR is a good sequel, although I feel that it's a step back from 999 in retrospect (it's one of those stories that I think gets weaker the further I get from my initial impressions of it), and it's hurt from having a cliffhanger that will never be adequately resolved.

It's good that they aren't including ZTD, because it's a complete dumpster fire.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Voice acting is expensive, and people wouldn't buy just 999 for $40.

Not only that, it seems to have almost been completely remade from the ground up. The only thing they look to have reused are the assets (which must have been re-rendered in HD anyway) but I can't see the game porting over easily at all. Also Karen mentioned script changes as well.

Miracle

I'm confused with the edgy "oh look, all the games in one package" posts. I liked Zero Dilemma a lot and I thought it got very good reviews?

What's the overall reception of the 3rd game here on Gaf?

SenkiDala

Already own them but wouldn't mind owning them on PS4 too...

But the question everybody is wondering is obviously: will it be 60fps?

All the Zero Time Dilemma hate is getting annoying. Seeing it just makes me not want to post in Zero Escape threads anymore.

Sure, some of the characters felt slightly off, the game takes a while to get going and the last 10 or so minutes are a bit iffy, but everything other than that was incredible!

I think it's a shame the collection doesn't include ZTD. It feels incomplete.

This.

Ganado

Yeah, it really sucks... It's like Borderlands Handsome Collection. I think they didn't do it because the last one is still pretty new so they hope to still sell some. Maybe it'll come later digitaly... But yeah it definitively sucks.
I think it's not included since they made 1 game out of it. VLR and 999 with a shared trophylist. It would be very weird to re-release it so soon for Vita and PC in another collection. Still believe that they will release ZTD standalone on PS4 shortly after this releases to cash in on new players.

Jawmuncher

Finally got to read the blog. Kinda mad so much info is lacking.

No word if both games are on the same cart. No word on pricing. No word on if fans can just buy 999 on vita physical, since the majority should already own VLR.

Really dislike when companies announce things that are relatively soon with incomplete details. Since there's a 90% chance they already have all of that sort of stuff in order.

I really don't want to own two copies of VLR

Ganado

Wishlisted, hope they charge a reasonable price considering it's two old ports.
Well, 999 is remade with VO. VLR is probably just a simple port. Guessing they will price it the same as ZTD.

No word if both games are on the same cart. No word on pricing. No word on if fans can just buy 999 on vita physical, since the majority should already own VLR.

Really dislike when companies announce things that are relatively soon with incomplete details. Since there's a 90% chance they already have all of that sort of stuff in order.

From what I get, it's made as 1 game, both on a single cart with a shared trophy list, if the Steam version is anything to go on.

Also, why did PSBlog say it was exclusive? That's scummy as fuck.

Aeana

Wishlisted, hope they charge a reasonable price considering it's two old ports.

Well, 999 is an old game but this version is being updated with higher resolution graphics and voice acting. Still, I don't think it's going to be very expensive.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member

According to Karen on twitter, both games are on one cart. Doesn't sound like they have any plans to sell 999 separately, physical or otherwise.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Surprise, you're going to. And this release is going to be on 1 cart.

There's absolutely no reason for them to need to do otherwise. This port is targeted more towards people who want to get into the series after seeing/hearing about ZTD, and making it easy for them. Not for handful of people who are OCPD and want each game in its own Vita box so they can feel self-satisfied in completing some arbitrary "collection."

Tohsaka

The same thing happened with Yomawari on Vita recently. The only way to get a physical copy in English was to buy the two pack that included Firefly's Diary, which I already owned.

ALIENS
MUH COMPLEX MOTIVES

That's ZTD.

How ironic.

If the
alien teleporter
wasn't in the game I guarantee people would have bitched that even more questions weren't answered.

And the 'complex motives' complaint? Ugh. You mean the 'complex motives' that was explained multiple times to you? It's not even a valid complaint, it's just posted as a negative for the sake of it. It's a meme disguised as a lazy complaint that doesn't even make sense.

megalowho

I'd double dip on Steam if it's a quality package. ZTD is also good, they all have their own feel. Zero Escape 4 should happen and take place circa

How ironic.

If the
alien teleporter
wasn't in the game I guarantee people would have bitched that even more questions weren't answered.

And the 'complex motives' complaint? Ugh. You mean the 'complex motives' that was explained multiple times to you? It's not even a valid complaint, it's just posted as a negative for the sake of it. It's a meme disguised as a lazy complaint that doesn't even make sense.
Please tell us.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Hope the steam version comes with soundtracks like ZTD did

Top Bottom