• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward 3DS save corrupting bug info thread

I was all set to get this for my 3DS, but the save game bug really put a downer on it, I don't know if I want the hassle. I'll probably still pick it up eventually but it is kind of frustrating that my initial excitement was lost.

Anyway, I discovered Crimson Shroud instead, so it all worked out!

Do any 3DS games support SD saves?
None for main data as far as I know, but I've heard Super Street Fighter 4 does. Not sure if it's true, but many games create extra data and such. And of course, downloaded 3DS games save to the SD card.

Still, VLR could have offered more than a single save slot.

Really it's the PEC room (and dice puzzles) that will cause your game to crash, just save in the novel section before those doors and you're golden.

also

Banned
BTW, there was an update to the PAL eShop version. It made me download the whole thing again, but the save file was still intact. I didn't notice any changes, but I only played for a couple of minutes since I had already completed everything in the game.

BTW, there was an update to the PAL eShop version. It made download the whole thing again, but the save file was still intact. I didn't notice any changes, but I only played for a couple of minutes since I had already completed everything the game.

Interesting..... Anyone know if this could be the patch we've been waiting for?

Coen

I crashed a few times in the PEC.

I got so mad that I almost put the game away from good.

My guess is that certain rooms in the 3DS version have memory leaks. I notice that the longer you stay in them, the "COMPLETED" thing when you get a password slows down more.

Hey, thanks for that! Going by this theory, I wrote down everything that needed to be done to finish the room and rushed trough it, skipping steps that weren't required. Got it on my first try.

Coen

I was all set to get this for my 3DS, but the save game bug really put a downer on it, I don't know if I want the hassle. I'll probably still pick it up eventually but it is kind of frustrating that my initial excitement was lost.

Anyway, I discovered Crimson Shroud instead, so it all worked out!

Don't let all this stop you from playing this awesome, awesome game. Just make sure you don't save in any of the escape/puzzle rooms and you're golden. You'll know exactly when you can't save once you play the game.

Javier

None for main data as far as I know, but I've heard Super Street Fighter 4 does. Not sure if it's true, but many games create extra data and such.
That's StreetPass/SpotPass data. It has nothing to do with actual saves.

And of course, downloaded 3DS games save to the SD card.
Yes, but you can't move/copy the save files the way you could on Wii. They're hidden files.

Still, VLR could have offered more than a single save slot.
Definitely, although I remember it was said they couldn't because the required space to add an extra save file was too large (and probably would have caused the game to glitch even more).

Kotaku posted an article on this:

http://kotaku.com/5983443/four-mont...-developers-still-cant-fix-a-save+erasing-bug

Jason Schreier said:
"While we've made some progress in researching the issue alongside Spike Chunsoft and first party developers, we do not have anything as conclusive as a patch at the present time," the Aksys rep said. "We are still cooperating with the developers to find a solution, and I'll update you as soon as any more details come to light."

I haven't been following the whole corrupted save issue since I finished the game (without problems) back in November, but I was surprised to hear Aksys and Chunsoft are still legitimately working on this. I figured they would just say 'yeah we're working on it' and hope everyone forgets about it.

Also, from the comments:

so they're solving a puzzle so people can play a puzzle game?

how meta

Auskeek

Ack, just got hit by the glitch...

Came at a good time I guess, I was getting way too absorbed into the game. Still a bummer, 11 hours gone.

Totakeke

Ahahah, I picked this game up on a whim and didn't see this bug. I had the dice game crash on me earlier then when I was in the PEC room, the puzzle was really laggy so I thought it might crash too similar to the dice game. So I SAVED THE GAME. Jesus christ.

12 hours gone, fuck that. Fucking stupid too because this is a game you'd want to avoid spoilers on.

I can understand why they didn't (because it would cost them sales), but they knew about this bug before shipping, so a message in the game case or when you start a new game about the save bug would have been far more consumer friendly than their non-action.

Oh, well. Just reminds me why I won't be buying Muramasa Vita.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I can understand why they didn't (because it would cost them sales), but they knew about this bug before shipping, so a message in the game case or when you start a new game about the save bug would have been far more consumer friendly than their non-action.

Oh, well. Just reminds me why I won't be buying Muramasa Vita.

Alternatively, force a save before entering pressure exchange, and disable saving within it. Ta-da!

Totakeke

Actually the reason I even exited the game (I was pretty much marathoning it), was because the game CRASHED ON ME ON THE INVENTORY SCREEN WHILE I WAS IN THE PEC ROOM. Now I'm even more pissed off.

sfried

Kotaku posted an article on this:

http://kotaku.com/5983443/four-mont...-developers-still-cant-fix-a-save+erasing-bug

I haven't been following the whole corrupted save issue since I finished the game (without problems) back in November, but I was surprised to hear Aksys and Chunsoft are still legitimately working on this. I figured they would just say 'yeah we're working on it' and hope everyone forgets about it.

Also, from the comments:

The localizers must've probably been trapped in a nonary game.

mclem

Is it definitely the case that it's only a problem if you save within a puzzle, or have other instances been discovered?

DaBoss

Yea, the game is pretty buggy on the 3DS version. It has slowdowns too. I would rather play this game on dual screens. That memopad and easy access to files make it easier to play.

We are still cooperating with the developers to find a solution, and I'll update you as soon as any more details come to light.
lmao Ain't nobody care about this game anymo.

Can they get sued for shipping a bugged game? Because this bug is known since the japanese launch.

Shahed

Damn this is still going on? Even if it didn't affect me since I played on Vita, it's still pretty bad treatment from Aksys/Chunsoft or whoever's responsible. It sours what should've been a fantastic game

Communication would have been nice

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Damn this is still going on? Even if it didn't affect me since I played on Vita, it's still pretty bad treatment from Aksys/Chunsoft or whoever's responsible. It sours what should've been a fantastic game

Communication would have been nice

That's the sad part in all of this. Some forward thinking like Stumpokapow's suggestion could have avoided all of this. :(

Slermy

Every time I see this thread bumped, I think a patch has finally come out.

I've only made it a few rooms in, and am scared to play it anymore. Just not sure I can devote large blocks of time to completely finish the puzzle rooms between saves.

Every time I see this thread bumped, I think a patch has finally come out.

I've only made it a few rooms in, and am scared to play it anymore. Just not sure I can devote large blocks of time to completely finish the puzzle rooms between saves.

You can put it in sleep mode, if that's the concern.

Still holding out on the European version because of this. Don't know whose loss it is, theirs or mine :/

The retail version was delayed until like two weeks ago in German-speaking areas for some unknown reason, but I assume the bug is still in there (since the game is also still English)...
Fortunately I didn't have any problems and it's very easy to predict when a puzzle section is about to start.

Glass Rebel

The retail version was delayed until like two weeks ago in German-speaking areas for some unknown reason, but I assume the bug is still in there (since the game is also still English)...
Fortunately I didn't have any problems and it's very easy to predict when a puzzle section is about to start.

Hmm, I guess I could bite the bullet and get it before Fire Emblem hits.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's funny or possibly telling that the shortiest, easiest puzzle room in the game is the one where it freezes a ton and is a known factor in the save glitch.

Adamm

Sorry to bump this thread.

But does this bug effect the Vita aswell?

I saved in the PEC room & reloading my game the day after without any issues. I Completed that room & went on with the story, but about 5 minutes later when
We all head towards the infirmary to see Quark
my game crashes & it tries to submit an error report. This has happened 3 times now, my save still loads fine but I can get past this part.

Have I really just lost 20 hours of gameplay? :(

Psi

The Vita version is fine(as far as I've heard). I never had a single bug or crash going through the entire game on the Vita.

Top Bottom