• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward ("Good People Die") - US 3DS/Vita release, fall

I’ve been on a holiday for 3 weeks so I’m just now catching up on what I missed in this thread.

First of all, the English voice samples sound as expected great....though not that it really matters but the voice for Tenmyouji sounds a little too young? 0_o

Also, Neiteio’s updates have been so entertaining to read. Glad to see more people experiencing the awesomeness. The official VLR thread sure will be fun!

Psxphile

Yeah, Amazon has officially sold out of both the 3DS and VITA pre-orders now >.<

Oh, curious about something: how many watches did you guys produce for this preorder deal? Because I don't think it was enough lol! And if you can't say, a generally vague answer like "We thought we had enough to satisfy preorder demand but we were OH SO VERY WRONG" is acceptable.

What? No, I'm not bitter...

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Oh, curious about something: how many watches did you guys produce for this preorder deal? Because I don't think it was enough lol! And if you can't say, a generally vague answer like "We thought we had enough to satisfy preorder demand but we were OH SO VERY WRONG" is acceptable.

What? No, I'm not bitter...

I can't say a number, but the same amount as we did for the 999 watches.

Mistle

Anywhere for PAL folk to preorder yet? That ships to Australia?

Sites I usually check don't even have a listing for it :O

vladdamad

Oh well, it's better than not getting the game at all.

Honestly I have no idea why anyone had any hopes of Rising Star Games to bring over the pre-order bonus. Rising Star Games don't do pre-order bonuses or special editions at all, they are the worst EU publisher of Japanese games.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Honestly I have no idea why anyone had any hopes of Rising Star Games to bring over the pre-order bonus. Rising Star Games don't do pre-order bonuses or special editions at all, they are the worst EU publisher of Japanese games.

Well, they did have some soundtrack CDs as a bonus. And considering they bring over some games no other publisher would probably even look at, they are actually one of the best EU publishers. If only it wouldn't always take them about a year to release HM games.

Ephidel

As of right now, this is a US only thing, since 999 doesn't have an official publisher in Europe currently.
I have to admit, the fact Rising Star specifically announced their license to VLR as the sequel to 999 seemed a bit strange when 999 still hasn't had an official release here. I understand that it is, but I'd expected them to go the "game in its own right" route.
In a way they're automatically limiting the games appeal to people who are already pre-disposed towards importing rather than purchasing from them, because anyone new to the game who thinks it sounds interesting is immediately told it's a sequel to a game they can't, in theory, actually go out and buy easily.
I mean, I get that this time the apparent release dates are actually close together so it should be less of a factor, but I still find it an odd route to take.

Still need to borrow my friend's DS so I can play 999...I wanted to be ready in time for the release. Still would have been super awesome if they made a PSN version of 999 or something.

Cool that they're rebranding the first game though, hopefully I can convince him to give it to me this weekend and I'll grab it.

Ath

I have to admit, the fact Rising Star specifically announced their license to VLR as the sequel to 999 seemed a bit strange when 999 still hasn't had an official release here. I understand that it is, but I'd expected them to go the "game in its own right" route.
In a way they're automatically limiting the games appeal to people who are already pre-disposed towards importing rather than purchasing from them, because anyone new to the game who thinks it sounds interesting is immediately told it's a sequel to a game they can't, in theory, actually go out and buy easily.
I mean, I get that this time the apparent release dates are actually close together so it should be less of a factor, but I still find it an odd route to take.

Yeah I found it quite odd as well. I'm very grateful that they did announce it (3DS owner here, cursed region locking!), but with no 999 in Europe, I'm not sure it how well it will do. Having said that, import copies seem to be readily available on AmazonUK (and for under £15 so no import VAT!), so Rising Star must have figured the main audience who would be interested in VLR would have been savvy enough to import 999 already. Saves them the cost of producing their own version as well ;) Still, at least it's only a few weeks after the US release. Us EU types (who don't import the Vita version) will have to avoid every single VLR thread on GAF until mid-November though...

Lusankya

"A sweet and cheerful boy," and then they show this picture:
VoQly.jpg

:D

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Hmm... Seems the English trophy names/descriptions are floating around on the internet already >.> <.<

Though if you dare to read them, just beware of spoilers~

GSR

Hmm... Seems the English trophy names/descriptions are floating around on the internet already >.> <.<

Though if you dare to read them, just beware of spoilers~

No kidding. I sneaked a peek, and while you guys certainly made them much more entertaining than the Japanese ones, yeah, spoilers.

Belisarius

Neo Member
No kidding. I sneaked a peek, and while you guys certainly made them much more entertaining than the Japanese ones, yeah, spoilers.

The really spoilery ones are hidden/secret/whatever in the actual game, though, so you'll only get spoiled if you look them all up on the internets.

Also, glad you think they're entertaining. :3

Lusankya

It's a pretty general information and nothing specific, but I guess it let's you figure out things faster than intended.

Lusankya

Spoiler free list of VLR trophies:

Bronze

Bachelor of Escapology
Escaped from the elevator.

Master of Escapology
Escaped from eight rooms.

Escapey
Escaped on Hard difficulty.

Classified

Found a secret.

An Eidetic Experience
Found a file.

Every Ending Begins Somewhere
Saw any of the endings.

That Wasn't Supposed to Happen
Saw any of the bad endings.

Silver

Doctor of Escapology
Escaped from sixteen rooms.

Gold

A Consumate Collection
Found ALL the files!

Platinum

Virtue's Last Reward
Acquired all trophies.

Then there are many secret trophies which aren't spoilers itself, but have a title that could be considered a (minor) spoiler.

You get trophies for the character endings and for opening scenario locks (these are 19 more trophies). You get two gold trophies for finding all secrets and for escaping all rooms on hard difficulty (don't know why these are secret trophies in the first place).
Then there are two trophies left I won't describe further.

There are 33 trophies in total.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
What's that little birdy? You have something to say to your loyal Zero Escape followers?

5482C.png

Birdy said:
*Chirp* *Chirp* The Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward demo is on the horizon! It ruffles my feathers to think that all my followers will get the chance to experience a taste of VLR in the very near future.

But "when" that may be exactly is still a mystery yet to be solved... And will both my loyal factions be able to participate...

Thanks for the hot news, Zero Escape birdy! But why so mysterious?

Hopefully we learn more soon!

Noi

The really spoilery ones are hidden/secret/whatever in the actual game, though, so you'll only get spoiled if you look them all up on the internets.

Also, glad you think they're entertaining. :3

I mentioned it to you on twitter some time ago now, but your trophy work for BlazBlue continues to be my favorite of pretty much all the trophies I've gotten. They're half the reason I go for all the trophies in those games. And well...

Spoiler free list of VLR trophies:

Bronze

Bachelor of Escapology
Escaped from the elevator.

Master of Escapology
Escaped from eight rooms.

Escapey
Escaped on Hard difficulty.

Classified

Found a secret.

An Eidetic Experience
Found a file.

Every Ending Begins Somewhere
Saw any of the endings.

That Wasn't Supposed to Happen
Saw any of the bad endings.

Silver

Doctor of Escapology
Escaped from sixteen rooms.

Gold

A Consumate Collection
Found ALL the files!

Platinum

Virtue's Last Reward
Acquired all trophies.

I don't think I'll be disappointed for this one either!

What's that little birdy? You have something to say to your loyal Zero Escape followers?

5482C.png

Thanks for the hot news, Zero Escape birdy! But why so mysterious?

Hopefully we learn more soon!

Oh you tease.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Aww, I was just trying to continue with the cute joke from the watch thread...

*walks away with bird in tow*

haha jk

Belisarius

Neo Member
I mentioned it to you on twitter some time ago now, but your trophy work for BlazBlue continues to be my favorite of pretty much all the trophies I've gotten. They're half the reason I go for all the trophies in those games. And well...

I don't think I'll be disappointed for this one either!
Thank you! <3

I actually think the spoiler-y trophies are the better ones. :3 Most of them won't make sense until you've actually unlocked them.

Top Bottom