• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma details - Playstation TV, art book, merchandise, Steam version

Hylian7

Aksys games had a panel at Momocon, and revealed some information about Zero Time Dilemma, releasing in about a month. RPG Site live tweeted it, and the following were revealed:

Playstation TV support
The art book will come over, but not as a preorder bonus. The art book being this one:

Zero-Time-Dilemma-JP-Pre-Order-Booklet.jpg

Considering other Zero Time Dilemma merch
PC ports of 999 and VLR are still possible, and even consoles.
PC release date of ZTD is "just a few days" after the Vita and 3DS versions.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/736252607761522688

Zero time Dilemma will have PlayStation TV support for those interested.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/736253915994423296

Aksys will be bringing over the 48 art book that was revealed in Japan, but not as a preorder bonus. Still considering the details for that.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/736254200947048449

Aksys are considering other ZTD "merchandise" to sell but can't announce anything today.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/736256160127451137

A fan asked about PC ports for 999/VLR.

"That's a thought. Anything is possible." @Aksys_Danny even mentioned consoles as a possibility.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/736256570523299840

The PC release date for ZTD is set to be "just a few days" after the Vita/3DS release.

Feep

Banned
I super appreciate the PC port, but there's something "traditional", if that word can apply, about playing these games on my DS/3DS.

Still cool, though! If they brought the whole trilogy over, it could really find a bigger audience.

Ridley327

I was at the panel, and they did drop that the Steam release date should be June 30. The ZTD team member said it was looking real nice, too.

bobawesome

I'd much rather have it as a portable game, personally.

I didn't realize it was coming out so soon, though. I'd like to have a Phi wallpaper for Steam.

Lingitiz

Are the other two games necessary to play before this one? I would love to jump in on ZTD but without the other games on Steam being a guarantee, seems like a bad idea.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I bought a VIta Tv new under 20 bucks just for this. But if the PC release is really just "a few days" after the vita/3ds, i'll just throw it in the trash and wait to get it on Steam.

Hope we can get a release date for the PC version so i can decide on which to get.

Glad to have absolute confirmation of PSTV compatibility for those who wanted it!
I know I'm gonna be grabbing every bit of merch they release for this, haha.

Omikaru

Since I'm importing a retail copy from VG+ (which will likely take 10 days to arrive), I'll just play this on Steam with my girlfriend first.

Then I can have the Vita version all to myself for a replay instead of playing it on the PSTV.

Fardeen

steam version it is, the vita is dead ecosystem that i dont want to invest any longer. even sony dropped the ball on the vita, and the pc version will be backward compatible always with a new pc

I super appreciate the PC port, but there's something "traditional", if that word can apply, about playing these games on my DS/3DS.

Still cool, though! If they brought the whole trilogy over, it could really find a bigger audience.

I wouldve agreed before the cinematic shift. As far as I'm concerned it transitionned by itself to a big screen experience now.

DAY ONE.

bobawesome

Same, but it's really great to see that the series has a chance to reach an even wider audience. Hopefully they do end up working on 999 and VLR ports, so that PC only players can get the whole story.

Yeah, it certainly is cool. I do hope the other games make it to PC eventually because I think it's the only way I'll be able to get some of my friends to give the series a shot.

If I could get my pre-order watch and the Vita version I would. I pre-oredered back when I only had a 3DS. The only thing that makes me happy about that is that the battery life is much longer on the 3DS. Recently playing through The Swapper and Killzone Mercenary have shown me the limits of the Vita's battery life.

Elija2

I wasn't expecting the PC release to be only a few days after the 3DS and Vita versions. I might just cancel my 3DS preorder and get it on Steam then.

I wasn't expecting the PC release to be only a few days after the 3DS and Vita versions. I might just cancel my 3DS preorder and get it on Steam then.

It made sense thought. I'll even tell you the release date: June 30th. Because that's the japanese release date of the Steam version.

Thoraxes

Alright so i'll get my two watch editions, then keep them both sealed and buy the PC version when it hits.

That short wait is gonna be hard, but i'll live.

Two Words

Bout to head to GameStop to cancel my Vita copy preorder. I want to play this on my MBP. I have bootcamp in case there is no Mac version.

SOR5

VN games on Playstation TV feel great (want to try Steins;Gate especially), hope this translates well

A fan asked about PC ports for 999/VLR.

"That's a thought. Anything is possible." @Aksys_Danny even mentioned consoles as a possibility.

I haven't played the first two so it'd be really nice if I could before this one came out. I might hold off on Zero Time Dilemma until then.

kewlmyc

PC release date of ZTD is "just a few days" after the Vita and 3DS versions.

Holy shit, that changes everything. Still keeping the watch preorder, but might buy and play the PC version.

Vertti

Gonna wait for Steam version even though this is my most anticipated game of the year. It should be so much better than playing on 3DS especially because digital would be only option in any case.

VN games on Playstation TV feel great (want to try Steins;Gate especially), hope this translates well
I've played Steins Gate entirely on PSTV and it was great. I guess I got tired of holding my Vita and just wanted to sit and stare at the tv.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Watch as that artbook becomes part of a Limited Edition with the watch. Though considering it was the pre-order bonus in Japan, wonder why not for the US.

48. As in 48 page art book?
Yup, it's 48 pages & even includes a prequel written by Uchikoshi.

I have this preordered on 3DS but since this has PSTV support I'm probably going to cancel and get it for that due to the graphical difference. Plus trophies.

takoyaki

more details from reddit

dangerskew said:
I was at the panel. For those who don't want to bother with the Twitter links:

-Steam release date is currently June 30. According to Aksys' testers the Steam version looks really good. -The art book Japan is getting is currently being localized and will be sold on its own -No new trailer. Didn't want to spoil any more story. -The watch will be available for people who missed out on the early preorders, and it was hinted at that the first two watches may also be sold. Someone in the audience mentioned the crazy eBay prices for the watches and was told "don't spend any money on eBay for anything Zero Escape right now" -Vita version is compatible with PlayStation TV.

Any update on Europe's special plans?

Edit: ah was it the #ZeroEscapeArt competition?

I think that must have been what they were hinting at with that tweet.

I was at the panel, and they did drop that the Steam release date should be June 30. The ZTD team member said it was looking real nice, too.
Thanks for that, I did miss it when I was there.
The big thing otherwise not on OT is that Japanese dub is an option if you like that. No options for subs since they want you to pay attention to the text when new (skippable when old).
Hoping for the first two to come to Steam. I'll buy this one day 1 but probably will wait to play it.
Yeah they said they would look into it but could promise nothing.

Top Bottom