• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma: JP Trailer 2

GSR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeHYMbOKm8o

Focused on the characters it looks like.

JP site redone as well with a bunch of new screens and the like: http://www.spike-chunsoft.co.jp/zeroescape/index.php

JP boxart:
qUvPIcC.png

Confirmed rated D.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Maybe it's just me but the animation seems a bit awkward and stiff...

Jintor

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah these animations are pretty much VLR quality with a slightly better engine. Sad. Ugh. And we have a whole game of this.

On the other hand, we have a whole game at all, so I can't be too pissed. Hopefully, as usual, the writing will pick up the slack.

This game really should have been 2D.

VLR, too. At least everything else made up for it. Hoping the same for ZTD.

Trailer opens up with one of my favorite tracks from VLR. Can't wait to hear the music in this!

Anyone know when we can expect the Steam release? Don't have a Vita, and I'm probably going to skip out on the 3DS version.

Jintor

∀ Narayan;201433072 said:

Trailer opens up with one of my favorite tracks from VLR. Can't wait to hear the music in this!

Yeah interesting decision to keep reusing music. Did the VLR trailers start with original VLR tracks or were they all 999 rehashes?

Aalvi

Just be glad the game exists.

It wasn't going to. Probably low budget. You want a conclusion? This is how it's going to be.

Oh man this looks fantastic. Sure the animation looks a little stiff but I'm just glad we're getting the game at all. It's far from the worst I've seen

On another note I wonder when Aksys will upload the English version of the trailer. Really want to hear all of the characters voices.

∀ Narayan;201433072 said:

Anyone know when we can expect the Steam release? Don't have a Vita, and I'm probably going to skip out on the 3DS version.

Steam release is same day and date as handhelds in Japan. So... 30th June ??
But not in West.

Seriously... Did anyone asked Aksys wtf is going on ??

Just be glad the game exists.

It wasn't going to. Probably low budget. You want a conclusion? This is how it's going to be.

I agree with others saying it looks stilted and would be better off 2D (a lot imo), but the game will be great regardless, and beggars can't be choosers. Really interested in the hinted 999 PC port. Will it use the iOS assets for (HD-ish graphics) but keep the DS' puzzles?

Soulflarz

Banned
I agree with others saying it looks stilted and would be better off 2D (a lot imo), but the game will be great regardless, and beggars can't be choosers. Really interested in the hinted 999 PC port. Will it use the iOS assets for (HD-ish graphics) but keep the DS' puzzles?

Work hasn't started in the slightest.
Assuming DS?

Zalman

I think this game is missing the charm that drew me to the series in the first place. The overall vibe and tone of the trailers almost feel like an entirely different series from before.

Barring animation, this looks awesome. Closer in atmosphere to the original than to VLR.

I, for one, still have trouble believing that this game actually exists. And that it's less than three months away.

GSR

I think this game is missing the charm that drew me to the series in the first place. The overall vibe and tone of the trailers almost feel like an entirely different series from before.

For what it's worth, I saw an interview - I want to say it was with one of the Japanese gaming sites - where Uchikoshi said that the escape parts would have a lot more silliness to them, like in the previous games.

The trailers are focusing on the dramatic, core story parts it seems.

BlackJace

Man, I loved the last 40 seconds of the trailer when the music, very intense.
Totally on board for this, I'm ready for the conclusion.

D-Man

Oh man I'm so excited. I don't really care that the animations are stiff since the story and characters is why I got into this series in the first place, not the graphics.

Can't wait for Aksys to put up the English version of this trailer.

Jintor

nah, the trailers are always like this. 999's trailer in particular is this really overwrought visual novel trailer where they just flash words on a screen at you.

Sounds like I might be playin this with the JP VO. Cuz dat English VO... left something to be desired in the last trailer.

It's not just you.

I'm just glad this game exists.

It looks like it was puppeteered live, like a bad SFM animation.

Sad, I think the art itself looks fine.

Probably the budget shortcomings coming into conflict with trying to make a more... broadly palatable, cinematic game. Even if the presentation does add a little camp, I don't care. I am so there, day 1. I am so pleased that this is happening.

Lusankya

Yeah...

I mean I know this game will be awesome, but it looks really horrible. Much worse than its predecessors.

They should have gone the VN route, there you don't need so many animations.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Bad animations/recitation could kill the immersion imo, at this point was better the visual novel style.
Anyway i'll buy it because it will be awesome(i hope at least!)

redhood56

Banned
The animation in VLR wasn't great so I'm not bothered by the stiffness here. Didn't really look at the flashing images either

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The animation in VLR wasn't great so I'm not bothered by the stiffness here. Didn't really look at the flashing images either

I looked at the older trailers of VLR and I can say it's less awkward than this trailer.

Top Bottom