• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoe Quinn #meToo / Alec Holowka suicide -- Update: Article questions ZQ's account of events (link in OP)

Liljagare

So, another suicide?

#Metoo made us loose Anthony Bourdain.. :\

c89c76999590127c02bf3b76cf0c30ac.jpg

Whitecrow

Banned
Look, Alec may have made some huge mistakes, but lets see the main difference here:

Alec made all efforts he could to improve
VS
Zoe who made all efforts she could just to destroy him.

That is pure cruelty. Zoe is an inhuman bitch who deserves to be jailed for a very long period of time, because everyone knows she wont ever admit her mental illnes hence she will make nothing to be better.

mod edit: We believe this image is shared in good faith and is from a board that is known to chronicle/document these type of comments from social media accurately. We also ask users to remember the opportunity for some people to be a bit mischevious with falsified screen caps etc. in order to add to the current furore. Unless the screencap is provided in archive.org or similar format (bearing in mind the users tweets are protected now) we ask that everyone retains a healthy amount of skepticism. If anyone does have further evidence that this is false or real then please contact a mod and we can clarify the note here. Until then the tweet can stay and be discussed relative to possible implications, but we ask that we avoid treating this as a 'moment/event of significance' until we do get that corroboration (09/02/19)

I'm also very disappointed in his sister. I feel sorry for her loss, but to feel sorry and donate to the very person responsible for his death is something beyond belief...

uO0jAqI.jpg

source

Look, Alec may have made some huge mistakes, but lets see the main difference here:

Alec made all efforts he could to improve
VS
Zoe who made all efforts she could just to destroy him.

That is pure cruelty. Zoe is an inhuman bitch who deserves to be jailed for a very long period of time, because everyone knows she wont ever admit her mental illnes hence she will make nothing to be better.
That’s the thing I really want people to take away from this. I do think it’s a high probability that Alec was an abusive partner. However, this man was trying to go on a road to recovery and be a better person. What is the point in these allegations if they both had a relationship it went sour and they went their separate ways? Especially when he was receiving treatment and making good progress according to his coworkers and family. It just comes off very vindictive

Rat Rage

That place is imploding. Someone mentioned it earlier, but it's definitely untenable. No way that much insanity, that much toxicity, that much negativity, that much anger, and that many people walking on egg shells while thousands are waiting for something to attack, can sustain itself.

That perfectly sums up ResetEra!

Hello NeoGaf! I just self nuked my account on ResetEra, I could no longer take the mob mentality and group think social justice types that would not bend on an honest to God rational opinion that was different than theirs. The suicide of Alec pushed me over the edge. I was more of a lurker here than anything, but I figured now would be the time to make my presence known.

UfgHlFQ.png

Welcome! Hope you'll have a great time here!

Last edited:

crowbrow

Banned
What puzzles me more is how this Quinn person manages to get herself into so many abusive and toxic relationships. It is as if she is either a retard or doing it on purpose to then get victim points and ask for more money on patreon.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
It was legal both ways, although, of course we know which gender wants to have more sex typically.
I did not say it was only one way, though with rape, specifically, it is a crime that is particularly lopsided in terms of the gender of the perpetrators. For pbvious physical reasons, even ignoring sex drive as an issue.

Ok so I’ve gone back and re-read her twitter statement over and over and I’m not sure if she was describing Alec as the person who apologized. This changes my view a little on the situation but I still maintain that is was a shit move for her to announce this on Twitter while he was in recovery. She could of handled this in so many other ways like going to the proper authorities. Regardless of who said what it’s time we stop taking everything somone says online at face value. There is no justice in that.

Ogbert

What puzzles me more is how this Quinn person manages to get herself into so many abusive and toxic relationships. It is as if she is either a retard or doing it on purpose to then get victim points and ask for more money on patreon.

Because she's an indescribably toxic and damaged individual that seeks people out to suck their souls. She's a banshee.

Anyone with any sense and/or basic hand to eye coordination avoids her like the plague.

ROMhack

I'm also very disappointed in his sister. I feel sorry for her loss, but to feel sorry and donate to the very person responsible for his death is something beyond belief...

uO0jAqI.jpg

Ugh his sister is genuinely something else.

Edit: Hopefully fake.

Last edited:
Because she's an indescribably toxic and damaged individual that seeks people out to suck their souls. She's a banshee.

Anyone with any sense and/or basic hand to eye coordination avoids her like the plague.
I think she is a very toxic person in of herself, but as someone who has been through an abusive relationship there are plenty scummy people out there like that. The DSM5 has classifications of disorders for toxic people like that.

Rhysser

Banned
Even if that one is, it seems consistent with her other statement (unless this is also fake)

EDIT: And also this:

Eileen Holowka, also a developer with Infinite Ammo, on Saturday implored readers to leave Quinn, who has deleted their Twitter account, alone. “Alec specifically said he wished the best for Zoe and everyone else, so don’t use our grief as an excuse to harass people,” she said.

So that other one seems consistent.

Last edited:

ROMhack

I think she is a very toxic person in of herself, but as someone who has been through an abusive relationship there are plenty scummy people out there like that. The DSM5 has classifications of disorders for toxic people like that.

Yup, I guarantee there's a fair few people in here who see something of their exes in Zoe's behaviour.

Not all women obviously.

Last edited:
I hope so. I will have 0 respect for her if true. Family is always supposed to be there for you when everyone else turns their back on you. That’s what my dad taught me anyway I mean Jesus Christ she basically said it was all his fault
You can't expect much from someone who calls themselves "deranged" of all things. She's taking Zoe's side to avoid getting slammed by the mob. Zero loyalty to family. Utterly disgusting.

dirthead

Banned

It's also amazing how none of these people manage to PRODUCE VIDEO GAMES worth a shit.

This is a gaming forum. This person doesn't make games. Flush this turd out of here. I really think threads like this should just be deleted. This has NOTHING to do with games.

You can't expect much from someone who calls themselves "deranged" of all things. She's taking Zoe's side to avoid getting slammed by the mob. Zero loyalty to family. Utterly disgusting.

Let's not forget Zoe's twitter handle unburntwitch. Don't believe this one was chosen by accident. The pathological narcissistic often takes pride in what their behavior has accomplished. No doubt hers was chosen unironically.

Side note: don't think Zoe is gone from twitter. I've read that she also has another, private account (primeape).

Last edited:

llien

I did not say it was only one way, though with rape, specifically, it is a crime that is particularly lopsided in terms of the gender of the perpetrators. For pbvious physical reasons, even ignoring sex drive as an issue.
As an act of physical violence, yes.
As an act resulting from coercion, surprisingly not.

Relevant peer reviewed study.

Last edited:

crowbrow

Banned
It's also amazing how none of these people manage to PRODUCE VIDEO GAMES worth a shit.

This is a gaming forum. This person doesn't make games. Flush this turd out of here. I really think threads like this should just be deleted. This has NOTHING to do with games.
Yeah well it has some relation to gaming but it is probably more appropiate for off-topic.

crowbrow

Banned
Let's not forget Zoe's twitter handle unburntwitch. Don't believe this one was chosen by accident. The pathological narcissistic often takes pride in what their behavior has accomplished. No doubt hers was chosen unironically.

Side note: don't think Zoe is gone from twitter. I've read that she also has another, private account (primeape).
Ironic that an "unburnt bitch" is now a leader of twitter witch hunts.

Also, what a plot twist! Apparently the real way to win over depression is to get rid of the host. Who would have thought Depression Quest had such a brilliant sub-text? Kojima, take notes!

GreyHorace

uO0jAqI.jpg
FUCK. THIS. BITCH.

Zoe betrayed her brother by posting private details of their past abusive relationship on Twatter. A past relationship I might add, Zoe claims he apologized and forgave him for. But no... Zoe had to betray his trust in a bid to hop on the new #metoo bandwagon that these shits hope to start in gaming.

If I was the sister I'd be furious at Zoe and sue her for everything. The fact that shes siding with Zoe shows me she's a horrible person who doesn't give a damn about her brother.

Shmunter

uO0jAqI.jpg
There is no way this is real, it defies human behaviour. After the warm words she had for her brother, and the progress he was making, it would be inhuman to support the entity that did nothing to prop up her brother, conversely responsible for bringing him down without remorse.

There is no way this is real, it defies human behaviour. After the warm words she had for her brother, and the progress he was making, it would be inhuman to support the entity that did nothing to prop up her brother, conversely responsible for bringing him down without remorse.

Could very well be. But as others have said, it is kinda consistent with what she said. She's a feminist, and maybe Alec really didn't have any place to go to, not even his sister. Maybe he didn't get the support he really needed. Nothing at all, when all these things happened online. What if she just tried to save face, made a "official statement", while she completely neglected her brother in the real world? And to be honest, I've seen so much dirt that it wouldn't really surprise me.

Could very well be. But as others have said, it is kinda consistent with what she said. She's a feminist, and maybe Alec really didn't have any place to go to, not even his sister. Maybe he didn't get the support he really needed. Nothing at all, when all these things happened online. What if she just tried to save face, made a "official statement", while she completely neglected her brother in the real world? And to be honest, I've seen so much dirt that it wouldn't really surprise me.

That is a pretty shit human being...no way to sugarcoat it

Handy Fake

She is to Feminism what Hitler was to world peace.

That's.... if you view everything under the lens of the 21st century. The problem is that's insulting in itself. If you talk about old egypt, if you talk about the 1900's, if you talk about.... whatever time period you're talking about you have to do so by taking a step back and not judge by your own preconceptions of how life should be.

That's not fair to history as its not fair to humanity. We don't live in a perfect world, we don't live in a magical land where you snap your fingers and everythings ok. Society has to go through changes. It's not like EVERYTHING was bad in those times either. And we tend to overlook that by making sweeping general statements, A vast maority of Men didn't go around constantly raping their wives a hunderd years ago either. Nor didn't women have zero power without voting rights. History is complex by our very nature.

I agree with you broadly but id say it's even more insipid than that.

We live in this hyper wealthy, resource rich, culturally monopolized bubble right now where whole generations have grown up in peace, with personal freedoms, health care, access to knowledge and expectations of universal rights that are unique throughout all human history.

The normal struggle experienced by most humans throught the eons our species has existed and hardship needed to simply survive is totally alien to most people, especially in the west.

What we take as basic universal truths are almost all western European (mostly British) cultural ideals and norms that were won and spread through centuries of brutality, war, and an unfathomable cost in money, lives and resources, that are no more permanent, stable or incorruptible than any others that have existed.

People look at the world now and compare it to any 'then', and balk at how it was, safe in the assumption that 'progress' and improvement in our lives and freedoms are both inevitable and unstoppable, when it's already showing weakness and under attack from both external and internal forces, either ignorant of what we stand to lose or only interested in what can be gained at the expense of the majority.

SonGoku

You guys are saying entirely awful shit based on conjecture.
Oh the irony, reee nut jobs start harassment campaigns and discard people as inhuman pieces of shit based entirely on conjecture
Funny how the fringe left lacks so much self awareness.

I know you are banned but since you are probably obsessed with gaf i just wanted to let you know your post was embarrassing and vomit inducing.

Last edited:
She is to Feminism what Hitler was to world peace.

It's not that I necessarily disagree, but we cannot deny that a lot of these toxic women use the word feminist as a shield to cover their true intentions. They give genuine women who are in support of woman's rights a bad rep. Same goes for the left by the way.
At this point a lot of the original meanings have lost their true meaning in this post-modern atmosphere we're drowning ourselves in.

Handy Fake

It's not that I necessarily disagree, but we cannot deny that a lot of these toxic women use the word feminist as a shield to cover their true intentions. They give genuine women who are in support of woman's rights a bad rep. Same goes for the left by the way.
At this point a lot of the original meanings have lost their true meaning in this post-modern atmosphere we're drowning ourselves in.
Absolutely.

"How many people have heard if gamergate??"
...........Crickets.

I myself, a 40 year old gamer. Still dont know what gamergate is? I dont know if i am a gamergater or on the other side. Please help me?
i never really got it...but after hearing about it non stop i came to the realisation that it was simply a way for someone to get money from clicks and a vehicle for some people to jump up and down like idiots

BlackTron

Zoe Quinn belongs in jail, but the real problem are the endless hordes of dipshits willing to empower people like her.

Thanks to social media, your judge, jury and executioner takes the form of a million teenage holier-than-thou know-it-alls. No matter what you do, there will be another willing to take advantage of this endless, idiotic resource to do your bidding.

Social media has become a scourge. Hopefully one day we look back at this with the same chilling disdain as the Salem witch trials.

Top Bottom