• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoe Quinn #meToo / Alec Holowka suicide -- Update: Article questions ZQ's account of events (link in OP)

Bu.. bu.. lady on twitter said I'm alt-right, I'm so confused now. :messenger_persevering:
Hey...atleast she was correct about the "right" bit in my case. Not so sure about the "alt" part though. Somehow I get the impression the "alt-right" aren't very...libertarian...or moderate...
1H1nLoG.png

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm so proud of your family. You got good genes. And thanks for telling us your family's story. I don't know how its connected to this shit, but thanks.
It's totally connected as the key issue seems to be bullying.

Mom comes to a new country, broke, knows no English, doesn't know anyone except my dad and tries to graduate high school best she can at 20 where everyone else in class is likely having a decent life at 17-18 years old, while ragging her at school for being a poor immigrant.

Name one person who is in a shitty situation in life and likes getting made fun of by richer younger people in high school?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What the fuck is this shit with "they" pronoun??? I'm reading her wikipedia and keep getting confused. Is she a whole compilation of people?
Nope.

When it comes to sexuality, the plural term "they" is re-used in a different way because "he" and "she" don't want to be used as descriptions.

Revenile

I took it, I was like .38 Libertarian Left, so like almost complete centrist which I find odd considering I find myself siding with the right more often than not. Must be the current insanity of the left then.

diesoon

Banned
This fucking ho has such a smug expression on every photo, like she's the shit. And she achieved nothing, nothing! I would just punch her. Look at her photos. Slut killed a guy.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I took it, I was like .38 Libertarian Left, so like almost complete centrist which I find odd considering I find myself siding with the right more often than not. Must be the current insanity of the left then.
Polls and internal gut feelings can be totally different. Depends on the questions asked (number and skew). So unless we know how the math is done, it will always be off.

Also, people will self describe themselves a certain political affiliation, but it's likely based heavily on key topics, not a mash mash of 30 random questions which the site might put equal weighting to.

For example, if I think I'm conservative, but I answer these 2 questions as follows.... it might say I'm a middle of the road guy because I answered 1 question left and 1 question right., but personally I highly value taxes more since it's something I endure every day as it hits my pay, but something like third bathrooms I put little weight into it since there is almost always dedicated men's bathroom anyway and I'm not paying to build it, so who cares they can have it.

1. There should be gender neutral third bathrooms. Yes.

2. Taxes should be reduced for all. Yes.

So in my head, I'd be someone still right leaning, but politically answered half-and-half.

Last edited:

Duallusion

This fucking ho has such a smug expression on every photo, like she's the shit. And she achieved nothing, nothing! I would just punch her. Look at her photos. Slut killed a guy.

C'mon, "beat" people like her with solid arguments, not insults... And that goes for quite a lot of posts in here; calm down people, we can do better then that. :messenger_confused:

Last edited:

diesoon

Banned
Dial it back. We know emotions are high, but we don’t condone violence.
C'mon, "beat" people like her with solid arguments, not insults... And that goes for quite a lot of posts in here; calm down people, we can do better then that. :messenger_confused:
Fuck that! What arguments? A man died. I just read how she fucked 5 guys behind her boyfriends back and lied to him, this poor guy. And this was years ago! Maybe if someone punched this bitch she would contaminate the world a little less.

Last edited:
Back on topic I thought I'd post this gem from the ResetEra thread:

uGPYOD4.png

It seems they were digging through Alec's old twitter account (before he died) and found these gems from 2013. In them Alec jokes about Zoe Quinn being a pathological liar. Wish they didn't censor the other guy - his twitter's locked now so I can't verify any of this. Just food for thought. You can guess what ResetEra's take on it was.

Raven117

Gold Member
Fuck that! What arguments? A man died. I just read how she fucked 5 guys behind her boyfriends back and lied to him, this poor guy. And this was years ago! Maybe if someone punched this bitch she would contaminate the world a little less.
Take it easy. I know things are pretty crazy, but to post like stuff like this isn’t better than the accusations thrown at Some other forums.

DonF

Holy fuck.
Ok so the guy did things, ok .
But fuck, he was also clearly depressed.
Has Quinn issued any statement?
If not, very coward of her.

diesoon

Banned
Take it easy. I know things are pretty crazy, but to post like stuff like this isn’t better than the accusations thrown at Some other forums.
After a quick research about this vapid narcissist black hole that destroyed one guy and killed another i vote for uncivility.

Durask

I’m a leftist yang and sanders donor, and a game designer on my favorite game just essentially labeled me a Nazi by my association with a website that has a wide spectrum of politics beliefs and discussion (yknow like how real life politics work). Awesome, way to think that through.

What game was that, just in case?

After a quick research about this vapid narcissist black hole that destroyed one guy and killed another i vote for uncivility.

Your reaction is understandable but don't. A... similar but quite different controversy happened almost exactly 5 years ago around her and this controversy metastasised into the gamergate movement. I'm not gonna defend or condemn gamergate that's almost an entirely different conversation. However it started in part because the media picked up Quinn's version of what had happened and ran with it. And since then the media and twittersphere have taken Quinn's side on everything. Anyone else is a misogynist, an MRA, an incel, a proto-fascist Alt-righter, etc.

Basically if you said anything too uncivil or that could be taken out of context to be harassment (say, anonymously on 4chan or on reddit or twitter) even if it was quite true just expressed angrily and rudely, there was a good chance it could be copied and pasted onto an article about the terrible harassment Quinn's facing (or in some cases by Quinn herself and then picked up by the media - see what happened on 4chan and WizardChan). Why it's like this is a really complicated and long question but that in essence is a big part of the reason why gamergate is still seen as a massive harassment campaign to this day.

I'm just saying don't be too brash. I don't like policing language but with Quinn you've got to. Say something horrendous that can be taken out of context and you might find it used as a means to paint the entirety of NeoGaf as a bunch of sexist trolls trying to harass Zoe Quinn into therapy, again. This is not a defence of Quinn either, please read my other posts on here - I think I made a fairly good case as to why she cannot be trusted and with proof too. Just tread lightly dude, that's my advice.

I'm not sure if it will happen again in the same way, this is a different scandal in a lot of details.

recma12

For me, this is bigger than Zoe Quinn. It's the intended outcome of the #metoo campaign and "believe victims" culture.
Instead of reporting shit to the police, victims are encouraged to air it out on (social) media.
Employers, friends and family are then pressured to fire/cut off the accused person before anything has even been proven. Basically, a new, private layer to the justice system.

Here's my story (2015-ish):
- company trip, casual drinking in the evenings
- engaged lady gets drunk AF and goes to a room with co worker of mine, sex
- she can't remember anything next morning (blackout drunk) is super ashamed
- instead of owning up to her mistake, she's afraid word gets out to fiancee -> I WAS RAPED
- tells story to police about rape, being drugged etc.
- tells story to human ressources and multiple co-workers
- guy is shocked, gets confronted from all angles, "persona non grata" for the time being, life is hell
- police investigates: 2 eye witnesses saw them enter the room together, 2 persons (staying in the adjacent hotel room) report "all they heard was people having sex" / no drugs or signs of rape found in/on her body
- police (thankfully) pressures "victim" and she has to admit that no rape occured, police case closed
- rumours linger on, guys GF finds out, leaves him
- women at work still side eye him, HR still made a big deal out of it, dude has never been the same, leaves company
- "victim" never gets punished, has never been forced to make things right

Rape accusations are such a powerful weapon, yet we are all supposed to take them at face value, because questioning them or waiting for the police to prove them is considered "raping the victim again" now smh

Imagine that story, only instead of "he raped me" it was "he stole my iphone". Wouldn't the very first reaction be "We'll, he said he doesn't have it, so there must be an explanation".
Nah, with rape it's "believe victims".

Don't get me wrong. Rape is horrible, happens way too often, fuck rapists, every victim deserves a thorough investigation by police.
What doesn't sit right with me is private persons or entities treating accusations as proof.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
She will reappear.

She will suffer no consequences. She will profit off this, via social currency and/or patreon donations/jobs etc..

She has the army of SJW's/Radicals.. which in turns means she has media, tech, etc. in her corner.
These people dont need the numbers or facts. All the gatekeepers fear the minority numbers they have because they are the scariest.
Nobody in the biz will stand up against her. They will be de-personed, labeled.

Orpheum

For me, this is bigger than Zoe Quinn. It's the intended outcome of the #metoo campaign and "believe victims" culture.
Instead of reporting shit to the police, victims are encouraged to air it out on (social) media.
Employers, friends and family are then pressured to fire/cut off the accused person before anything has even been proven. Basically, a new, private layer to the justice system.

Here's my story (2015-ish):
- company trip, casual drinking in the evenings
- engaged lady gets drunk AF and goes to a room with co worker of mine, sex
- she can't remember anything next morning (blackout drunk) is super ashamed
- instead of owning up to her mistake, she's afraid word gets out to fiancee -> I WAS RAPED
- tells story to police about rape, being drugged etc.
- tells story to human ressources and multiple co-workers
- guy is shocked, gets confronted from all angles, "persona non grata" for the time being, life is hell
- police investigates: 2 eye witnesses saw them enter the room together, 2 persons (staying in the adjacent hotel room) report "all they heard was people having sex" / no drugs or signs of rape found in/on her body
- police (thankfully) pressures "victim" and she has to admit that no rape occured, police case closed
- rumours linger on, guys GF finds out, leaves him
- women at work still side eye him, HR still made a big deal out of it, dude has never been the same, leaves company
- "victim" never gets punished, has never been forced to make things right

Rape accusations are such a powerful weapon, yet we are all supposed to take them at face value, because questioning them or waiting for the police to prove them is considered "raping the victim again" now smh

Imagine that story, only instead of "he raped me" it was "he stole my iphone". Wouldn't the very first reaction be "We'll, he said he doesn't have it, so there must be an explanation".
Nah, with rape it's "believe victims".

Don't get me wrong. Rape is horrible, happens way too often, fuck rapists, every victim deserves a thorough investigation by police.
What doesn't sit right with me is private persons or entities treating accusations as proof.

holy shit dude that's a scary story.

Virex

Banned
I swear that every time there is some controversy going on she is always involved somehow. I hope finally her luck has now run out with what happened. She's got a death on her hands.

Doomtrain

What I don’t get is: how do these people not understand that having a figurehead like Zoe Quinn makes their entire movement look bad? She’s a documented pathological liar and she barely even pretends to make games or contribute anything to the industry. She’s also got a (now rapidly escalating) track record of hurting those around her. Why prop her up, of all people?

Sounds like a complicated situation that should have never been aired on social media. But i guess she wanted to bring attention to herself and him. Well...mission accomplished.

recma12

holy shit dude that's a scary story.

Don't see the guy very often anymore but we had a beer two years after the incident and he was still a mess.
Like, what if the room next to his was empty that night?
What if they went up to his room 5mins later and nobody sees them?
Anyways, I have been a "reasonable doubt" person ever since. Look at the Kevin Spacey and Cristiano Ronaldo cases, both been thrown out.

That said, Western women have been treated horribly by men as a whole in the past. No debate on that.
Here in Germany, raping your wife was legal only 50 years ago. I also acknowledge that there are still privileges men have in our Western societies.
It's also true that 95% of women are cool, would never make false accusations.

What bugs me is the 5% of Western women, who grew up with equality trying to punish "all men" for shit that happened to other women ages ago.

How come these women don't "make things right" in Saudi Arabia or African countries where girls get their vaginas cut up?
Nah, let's focus on how "problematic" Super Mario Bros. 3 on NES was, right Anita?
Let's focus on actresses that sucked dick for acting jobs and 20 years later decide they were raped.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
She will reappear.

She will suffer no consequences. She will profit off this, via social currency and/or patreon donations/jobs etc..

No doubt she'll return with the usual "I've had death threats!!" line like they all do.

Figured I'd post some fun because why not?

uq5r2Xq.png

zW2kahB.jpg

e3lWh2T.jpg

Hey I posted the goddamn archive links earlier. They're here and here. Step up your game brap. Shit, you even forgot the 2nd time Chelsea's mom died:

hGHJkWB.jpg

Admittedly a bit voyeuristic but hey that's almost always the case with Chelsea.
I'm tempted find a link to the time she was 'hacked' by /V/ on 4chan's /v/ board. And /v/ were mortified and most believed it was her. I'll see if it's still available somewhere but in the meantime here's a collage someone made of that:

DpzOqWB.jpg

And a tumblr post explaining why everyone in that thread thought it was bullshit.

Psydonk

Guys, the issue here is not "feminism", One shouldn't paint a movement that has existed for over a hundred years in such broad strokes. That's mirror version of recent think pieces tarring "gamers" as "racists / misanthropic / etc".

Cancel Culture as we know it is a fairly recent phenomenon. We don't yet have a full account of how many lives, how many women and men, were ruined by it.

It's also massively hypocritical for the Conservatives here to pretend they are somehow less bad than the left in terms of online harassment. Places like 4chan/8chan, Stormfront, T_D and Kiwifarms have massive kill counts that dwarf shitlib twitter, brag and laugh about how they've gotten mentally ill people to kill themselves and the right just as often, if not more engage in mobbing and "kill yourself" abuse against mentally vulnerable people. It's where the "join the 40%" right wing meme comes from. (The high number of Transgender suicides).

It's a bit rich watching the pearl clutching from Conservatives over this, especially when just days ago as well people on the right were throwing Alec under the bus because he was a "SJW Dev" as well.

The issue is absolutely online mob/vigilante culture, but people on both sides are desperate to turn this political.

Also political compass is full of shit, doesn't understand that politics is philosophy and that specific basic one puts pretty much everyone in the bottom left corner when boards like T_D and /Pol/ did it they were all in the bottom left when they should be high/blue. It's because it improperly weights very basic moral questions into the bottom left.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Places like 4chan/8chan, Stormfront, T_D and Kiwifarms have massive kill counts that dwarf shitlib twitter, brag and laugh about how they've gotten mentally ill people to kill themselves and the right just as often, if not more engage in mobbing and "kill yourself" abuse against mentally vulnerable people.

Examples of T_D doing this?

brap

Banned
Hey I posted the goddamn archive links earlier. They're here and here. Step up your game brap. Shit, you even forgot the 2nd time Chelsea's mom died:

hGHJkWB.jpg

Admittedly a bit voyeuristic but hey that's almost always the case with Chelsea.
I'm tempted find a link to the time she was 'hacked' by /V/ on 4chan's /v/ board. And /v/ were mortified and most believed it was her. I'll see if it's still available somewhere but in the meantime here's a collage someone made of that:

DpzOqWB.jpg

And a tumblr post explaining why everyone in that thread thought it was bullshit.
Sorry theguynecologist but when I woke up and looked on here there was 6 new pages of shit and I just skipped everything lmao.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Your reaction is understandable but don't. A... similar but quite different controversy happened almost exactly 5 years ago around her and this controversy metastasised into the gamergate movement. I'm not gonna defend or condemn gamergate that's almost an entirely different conversation. However it started in part because the media picked up Quinn's version of what had happened and ran with it. And since then the media and twittersphere have taken Quinn's side on everything. Anyone else is a misogynist, an MRA, an incel, a proto-fascist Alt-righter, etc.

Basically if you said anything too uncivil or that could be taken out of context to be harassment (say, anonymously on 4chan or on reddit or twitter) even if it was quite true just expressed angrily and rudely, there was a good chance it could be copied and pasted onto an article about the terrible harassment Quinn's facing (or in some cases by Quinn herself and then picked up by the media - see what happened on 4chan and WizardChan). Why it's like this is a really complicated and long question but that in essence is a big part of the reason why gamergate is still seen as a massive harassment campaign to this day.

I'm just saying don't be too brash. I don't like policing language but with Quinn you've got to. Say something horrendous that can be taken out of context and you might find it used as a means to paint the entirety of NeoGaf as a bunch of sexist trolls trying to harass Zoe Quinn into therapy, again. This is not a defence of Quinn either, please read my other posts on here - I think I made a fairly good case as to why she cannot be trusted and with proof too. Just tread lightly dude, that's my advice.

I'm not sure if it will happen again in the same way, this is a different scandal in a lot of details.

The scary part is how freaking organised that side of the movement is by some figureheads: the ones with blu ticked Twitter accounts repeating “Remember, DO NOT ENGAGE with GG, no reply’s, no mute’s, do not give them access to our followers... just block them and let’s build a block list” almost verbatim.

I could even almost understand that if lately being alt-right or GG meant more than just disagreeing with such figureheads on anything.

The strategy is evil but smart... get people upset, enraged, get the opposite site enraged too and only engaging with hate and thus help radicalise even the quiet people on your side, etc... the hope is that such movements destroy themselves from the inside trying to find a more righteous person than the former most righteous person and looking for enemies everywhere especially inside... but that takes longer if they are well led and they have clearly visible people they can easily paint as a solid well defined enemy block.

brap

Banned
It's also massively hypocritical for the Conservatives here to pretend they are somehow less bad than the left in terms of online harassment. Places like 4chan/8chan, Stormfront, T_D and Kiwifarms have massive kill counts that dwarf shitlib twitter, brag and laugh about how they've gotten mentally ill people to kill themselves and the right just as often, if not more engage in mobbing and "kill yourself" abuse against mentally vulnerable people. It's where the "join the 40%" right wing meme comes from. (The high number of Transgender suicides).
Prove it.

Top Bottom