• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoe Quinn #meToo / Alec Holowka suicide -- Update: Article questions ZQ's account of events (link in OP)

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Most of the Dakotas say that term and it has nothing to do with black twitter. The term "y'all" is common place across the midwest (regardless of whether you are north or south).

No, they don't.

51af5dc3ecad04fb48000005-750-533.png

I was born and grew up in the north. I have lived in the south for 10 years now, for most of my adult life. I refuse to say "y'all". There is no excuse for a lilly white person born north of the mason-dixon to say the word "y'all". It all comes from black twitter and a desire to look cool.
Dude yall is used by as many white people as blacks in the south. It came about WAAAAAY before Twitter was even a thought . Wether you think its silly or not is up to you but its just one part of language that evolved due to culture in the south.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I have lived in the dakotas my entire life. I think I would know a bit more about the terms used in these states than you do.

I'll trust the research cited in that image over some rando on the internet. Or you are black - because y'all is part of AAVE.

Dude yall is used by as many white people as blacks in the south. It came about WAAAAAY before Twitter was even a thought . Wether you think its silly or not is up to you but its just one part of language that evolved due to culture in the south.

Do you think that woke young people are trying to be like white southerners?

Last edited:
I'll trust the research cited in that image over some rando on the internet. Or you are black - because y'all is part of AAVE.

This is getting offtopic so this will be my last post on the matter. I have lived in Louisiana for the 27 years of my life and I have see more white people use yall especially grown ass adults. IDK where the hell you are even going with this but yall has been apart of the south's vocabulary for many generations white or black pople just say it automatically sometimes (myself included) because its engraved in our culture

Ar¢tos

It's sad that the English language is so widely used but at the same time is so faulty that best genderless 3rd person singular pronoun people pick is the same as the 3rd person plural pronoun and there is no distinction between the 2nd person pronouns for singular and plural.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
This is getting offtopic so this will be my last post on the matter. I have lived in Louisiana for the 27 years of my life and I have see more white people use yall especially grown ass adults. IDK where the hell you are even going with this but yall has been apart of the south's vocabulary for many generations white or black pople just say it automatically sometimes (myself included) because its engraved in our culture

I agree it is off topic. I think you misread what I said though. I said white people born north of the mason-dixon don't say y'all. Louisiana is south of the mason-dixon. I even posted a map showing that southerners say y'all.

It's sad that the English language is so widely used but at the same time is so faulty that best genderless 3rd person singular pronoun people pick is the same as the 3rd person plural pronoun and there is no distinction between the 2nd person pronouns for singular and plural.

Uh, "it" is our gender neutral 3rd person singular pronoun. For some reason none of the genderqueer Tumblrites want to be called it.

SLB1904

Banned
The majority of this thread has degenerated into an bizarre Qanon-esque conspiracy zone where Quinn is either a supernatural demon or is being protected by some mysterious ultrapowerful liberal/SJW illuminati and the entire world is in on it except for the NeoGaf community.

I don't think Holowka should have committed suicide: I think there was a path of redemption that he could and should have taken. At the same time, I don't see any particular reason to DOUBT the allegations against him either; keeping in mind that there's more than just Quinn accusing him and suicide doesn't exactly play well as an "I'm Innocent!" tactic.
nvm

Last edited:

shoegaze

Hello everyone! It's not the reason why I've registered but I have some frustrating (at least to me) thing to say related to this case.
Week ago on bombcast (giantbomb) they were discussing this matter and obviously siding with Zoe without a shadow of a doubt at all.
Once I've only hinted in the chat to maybe keep it objective since the other side is dead(!) and cannot explain himself and she might not be the most trustworthy person based on her past... I've got permanently banned from giantbomb on sight. 10 years of subscription, active gold member and wow - I've got permanently banned from using chat, commenting and some other functions for suggesting objectivity and waiting for law to sort this out.
I have to say I am shattered - I love giantbomb and loved chatting with folks there but now it'a all gone to me... and I have gold sub purchased for next year in advance.
Not sure if this is the right place to report this - if not, sorry and please delete ! ... I would hate to be banned from yet another community.
As for the rest of the discussion here in the last few pages - that noclip documentary is super weird. She only made 1 crappy game and she is some holy developer now?
Don't worry mate you can speak your mind here. One of the few places where you won't be lynched for wrong think. Quite progressive this.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Not black, and I will trust my lived experience (y'know, since I actually live here) more than some unknown research document that is by no means comprehensive.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hello everyone! It's not the reason why I've registered but I have some frustrating (at least to me) thing to say related to this case.
Week ago on bombcast (giantbomb) they were discussing this matter and obviously siding with Zoe without a shadow of a doubt at all.
Once I've only hinted in the chat to maybe keep it objective since the other side is dead(!) and cannot explain himself and she might not be the most trustworthy person based on her past... I've got permanently banned from giantbomb on sight. 10 years of subscription, active gold member and wow - I've got permanently banned from using chat, commenting and some other functions for suggesting objectivity and waiting for law to sort this out.
I have to say I am shattered - I love giantbomb and loved chatting with folks there but now it'a all gone to me... and I have gold sub purchased for next year in advance.
Not sure if this is the right place to report this - if not, sorry and please delete ! ... I would hate to be banned from yet another community.
As for the rest of the discussion here in the last few pages - that noclip documentary is super weird. She only made 1 crappy game and she is some holy developer now?

Sorry to hear you were treated so poorly. Unfortunately it's par for the course these days in gaming culture, where your perceived ideological purity (toward increasingly insane standards of enforced credulity) matters more than rational measures of loyalty and respect. We won't treat you like that here.

If you want a reason as to why you're banned it's fairly simple. A lot of the staff are irl friends with Quiin. Here's a video from before the gamergate thing:

It's that simple. They'll probably believe Quinn for the rest of time because they've actually met her and believe her at her word. Look, I've gone into depth in several long-winded posts about why I believe Quinn's a liar and why I think I have good evidence of that but I haven't fucking met her. Who knows, as a drinking buddy, for instance, she might actually be good company. I don't fucking know her.

Anyway you need not have any fear of being banned here for expressing that opinion. Believe me many here have said a lot worse here about Zoe Quinn.... or Chelsea Van Valkenburg... or Locke Valentine in the last few weeks.

RavageX

Most of the Dakotas say that term and it has nothing to do with black twitter. The term "y'all" is common place across the midwest (regardless of whether you are north or south) and your strange and silly refusal to say the term is... well strange and silly.

Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with you. I'm from Arkansas and pretty much everybody from here and surrounding areas says , "ya'll". Black, white, whatever.

I mean, not wanting to say it is fine. But saying it's somehow racial or some sort of black Twitter(I don't even know what that is) nonsense is silly.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
If you want a reason as to why you're banned it's fairly simple. A lot of the staff are irl friends with Quiin. Here's a video from before the gamergate thing:

It's that simple. They'll probably believe Quinn for the rest of time because they've actually met her and believe her at her word. Look, I've gone into depth in several long-winded posts about why I believe Quinn's a liar and why I think I have good evidence of that but I haven't fucking met her. Who knows, as a drinking buddy, for instance, she might actually be good company. I don't fucking know her.

Anyway you need not have any fear of being banned here for expressing that opinion. Believe me many here have said a lot worse here about Zoe Quinn.... or Chelsea Van Valkenburg... or Locke Valentine in the last few weeks.

I should've seen this coming... Guess they don't want my sub money anymore so be it.
I've enjoyed my best gb days up to 2014. After that content recently stopped capturing my interest as it used to. Quick looks are terrible and uninformed (like recent Blasphemous quick look) and there are a lot of other issues like questionable staff hires but that is for another topic.
And now after reading many pages back into this thread - I am repulsed even looking at her in that video. Lol she sure knows how to get around without achieving much though. Cannot deny her that...

Clarissa

Banned
I was born and grew up in the north. I have lived in the south for 10 years now, for most of my adult life. I refuse to say "y'all". There is no excuse for a lilly white person born north of the mason-dixon to say the word "y'all". It all comes from black twitter and a desire to look cool.
Y'all

:messenger_squinting_tongue:

Are you making light of how Zoe’s followers project by projecting or are you for real?

Clown world has corrupted my snark to gullible soul ratings engine.

SHADES

The question Zoe Quinn needs to ask herself doesn't concern blame or guilt. The question she needs to ask herself is..... if she had gone to the authorities would Alec still be alive today?
From my own personal experience if a crime is committed then its either reported to the police or its never heard of again. Using social media is usually they way of an attack as there's less legal ramifications than if one would have involved the police, its the word of one against another.

If Alec was guilty he would have been punished and got the help he needed (And what ZQ claimed she wanted for him - actually how the fuck did using twitter have any hope of getting him help?) this whole thing reeks of social engineered bullshit.

She is important in Twitter drama and that's it. Its not much different than toxic people on REEE who post 10k times a month and come off as popular there. But in reality they dont do anything.

That's the thing. She does nothing, but then you have this:

It's just bizarre how often she shows up and the connections she has with with people, and they all are, by evidence, conspiring to suppress the truth about her. It goes way beyond just Twitter.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

It's just bizarre how often she shows up and the connections she has with with people, and they all are, by evidence, conspiring to suppress the truth about her. It goes way beyond just Twitter.
I'm less shocked by that honestly. Phil Fish was on, who actually had a game. Her and Fish are friends. It's just a small world out there in indie dev SJW California. And an even smaller world if you're one of the only girls so everyone knows you. Just like everyone tries to drool over the handful of girls on here. Girls are popular. And journalists in the area basically make a career out of socializing and getting to know people, so there you go. And that's a stream from GDC, which the whole point of that is to basically go socialize and meet people.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned

Sorry to hear about that dude. Their moderation is fully cucked to the point of absurdity. You're certainly not the first paid member they've just banned without warning and I doubt you'll be the last. Once your gold there runs out, expect a begging e-mail from them down the road. Make sure you tell them why you won't be renewing.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Sorry to hear about that dude. Their moderation is fully cucked to the point of absurdity. You're certainly not the first paid member they've just banned without warning and I doubt you'll be the last. Once your gold there runs out, expect a begging e-mail from them down the road. Make sure you tell them why you won't be renewing.
Thanks a lot for the gold! I have to say - This is the warmest welcome I've received on any forum yet. Thanks !

TLZ

Banned

They all look cringy.

Ecto311

Maybe she has dirt on some people like a gaming Epstein. Any time a rotten person just gets a pass on a large scale I start to wonder.

Maybe she has dirt on some people like a gaming Epstein. Any time a rotten person just gets a pass on a large scale I start to wonder.

Her little story started off about someone who "raped" her but she forgave them before changing the subject to Alec. To me, that reads as a message to someone (or multiple people) that she could cry rape about them at any given time so they better play nice with her.

Her little story started off about someone who "raped" her but she forgave them before changing the subject to Alec. To me, that reads as a message to someone (or multiple people) that she could cry rape about them at any given time so they better play nice with her.
It really gets you to think what her motives were. Man I should hop on the sympathy train and announce the mental torture I went through during my relationship 3 years ago. Oh wait...........I’m a guy

Reactions: TLZ

Knivess

Neo Member
Hm, decided to put my internet PI hat on again. Some interesting anomalies on ZQ's twitter, looks like 32 tweets have been deleted since her account was first deactivated, most of them during the time it was down. Wonder if whoever got those initial archives of her account which TPM made their article on can cross-reference it with her current feed to see which tweets she's been trying to hide.

Also, can anyone who has more in-depth knowledge about twitter shed any light on the fact that she lost and gained 88k followers overnight, is this a sign of a bot net of followers or just a glitch?

QSbpd1y.png

So the responses have boiled down to a combination of:
1. It actually is a conspiracy theory!
and
2. I can't understand why I'm not allowed to question this on other forums.

Someone should take a moment and maybe analyze how these two things might be related. Its like reading antivaxxers and young earth creationists complain about being booted from science-themed facebook groups.

Anyway, Albertine Watson also came forward with similar, albeit less severe allegations against Holowka. Scott Benson also wrote that "...enough of the allegations are extremely plausible and just about all of it we've corroborated with other sources..."

So either Zoe Quinn, Watson, Benson, and for that matter Holowka's own family are lying as part of a massive feminazi/SJW conspiracy and just about every gaming website on the planet is in on it, or maybe, just maybe, the allegations are at least partially true.

Also you guys should maybe think about getting information from places that aren't kiwifarm.

Tupinambis_WOT Tupinambis_WOT

Didn't think so, just another NPC drive-by ZQ defense force.

Living a life outside of the neogaf forums = NPC bot. Holy fuck you need to go outside once in a while. Like, seriously, I was away from the forum for 9 hours. Are you one of those people who got super triggered when the WHO declared that excessive gaming disorder was a public health concern because you felt personally attacked or something?

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
So the responses have boiled down to a combination of:
1. It actually is a conspiracy theory!
and
2. I can't understand why I'm not allowed to question this on other forums.

Someone should take a moment and maybe analyze how these two things might be related. Its like reading antivaxxers and young earth creationists complain about being booted from science-themed facebook groups.

Anyway, Albertine Watson also came forward with similar, albeit less severe allegations against Holowka. Scott Benson also wrote that "...enough of the allegations are extremely plausible and just about all of it we've corroborated with other sources..."

So either Zoe Quinn, Watson, Benson, and for that matter Holowka's own family are lying as part of a massive feminazi/SJW conspiracy and just about every gaming website on the planet is in on it, or maybe, just maybe, the allegations are at least partially true.

Also you guys should maybe think about getting information from places that aren't kiwifarm.

Living a life outside of the neogaf forums = NPC bot. Holy fuck you need to go outside once in a while.
It's cute when you folks show up and think you're bringing something new to the table.

We've been putting you NPCs in their place for awhile now. Go ahead and play stupid but don't be shocked when we believe you.

AntiCap

Benson and Alec's sister (Alec's sister does not constitute his whole family) can do no more than lend character references because like any other nobody on the planet, they weren't present for what allegedly happened.

Sure. Some people are overreacting and claiming this is a far-reaching, delicately planned conspiracy, but well connected people who get away with things have existed in the past and they continue to exist now. It seems like you are hiding behind some of the more ridiculous claims in this thread so you don't have to engage with the more sensible ones.

That you are casting the concept of well-connected people with clout in with antivaxxers and young earth creationists is absurd. I am not sure what you hope this argument will achieve other than making you look ridiculous and gullible.

It's cute when you folks show up and think you're bringing something new to the table.

We've been putting you NPCs in their place for awhile now. Go ahead and play stupid but don't be shocked when we believe you.
Of course its nothing new. I know several posters here already carefully partially digested everything that has come out and then spewed it back out as some rank conspiracy theory bolus.

Its obvious how you've gotten here, because almost every stupid conspiracy follows this same pattern.

1. Zoe Quinn MUST be wrong.
2. By extension, Holowka must be innocent
3. Further, anyone else who makes an accusation against Holowka must also be wrong, because of Zoe Quinn
4. Any new piece of information or evidence supporting or corroborating any of Holowka's accusers must be fabricated.
5. The more outlets there are citing said evidence or information, the greater and more powerful the pro-Quinn conspiracy is. This includes Holowka's own family
6. Any information to the contrary written by some random bumblefuck found on 4chan or reddit must then be true.

Its the same shit as the Seth Rich conspiracy theory, or climate deniers, flat earthers, antivaxxers, etc etc etc, moving further and further away from the very simple possibility that Holowka was guilty of at least SOME of the accusations against him, and then he killed himself because of it.

Here's something simple.

Sexual assault allegations can be easy to fake, but its EXTREMELY hard to get other people to go along with them. Check out how well that went for Jacob Wohl trying to fabricate SA allegations against Robert Mueller and Pete Buttigeg, or James O'Keeffe trying to sneak a fake SA allegation against Roy Moore into the Washington Post. They fall apart instantly.

Top Bottom