• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombie Army 4: Dead War Reviews Thread

Bullet Club

aTdY8Pz.jpg

Available on:
PlayStation 4 Feb 4, 2020
Xbox One Feb 4, 2020
PC Feb 4, 2020

cfTbQkp.png

jGziMow.png

IGN - 7/10

Zombie Army 4: Dead War doesn't break new ground in the co-op zombie gauntlet genre, but it adds a few unique mechanics that make it fun to tackle the hordes.

VG247 - 3/5

Zombie Army 4 is the reanimated corpse of gaming’s past, stitched together from the best bits of Sniper Elite. It’s a B-movie pastiche stuffed with classic movie references and thousands of heads (and bollocks) to pop. But most importantly, it’s a new game. A new, fairly-enjoyable video game in 2020 – what a concept.

PC Gamer - 70/100

An excellently-crafted shooter, especially with friends.

Wccftech - 80/100

Zombie Army 4: Dead War isn’t the perfect Left 4 Dead successor fans have been champing for, but it’s one of the better attempts to date. What the game lacks in raw thrills, it makes up for with depth, challenge, solid tech, and devil-may-care craziness. If you’re not already tired of co-op zombie shooters, there’s a heck of a lot of fun to be had taking on Hitler’s hellish hordes.

GamesRadar+ - 3.5/5

In its self-aware campiness and macabre action, there is a contagious confidence in Zombie Army 4 that will leave anyone who plays it a fan of this exciting co-op shooter.

Metro GameCentral - 7/10

Its enemies might be mindless but while it's very one note the gameplay in Zombie Army 4 offers some surprisingly engrossing co-operative action.

TheSixthAxis - 80/100

If you like shooting zombies with friends, then Zombie Army 4: Dead War is the game for you. There's a few new twists and several layers of progression now thrown into the mix, as you battle undead Nazis once again, but this is classic undead sniping action through and through.

Push Square - 80/100

Zombie Army 4: Dead War is one of the best co-operative focused games on PS4. Its meaty campaign boasts of impressive level variety, a superb control scheme, and enjoyable gameplay mechanics while a Horde mode tests your abilities to the max. Rebellion has crafted an experience with so much to see and do that it could take a group of players weeks to master everything on offer -- a crowning success for this type of game. Zombie Army 4: Dead War is an absolute riot of a title that is just as cheeky as it is fun to play.

Hardcore Gamer - 70/100

While cumbersome controls and an oddly-behaving combo meter can betray the underlining intention of pace and of orderly chaos ruling over, Zombie Army 4: Dead War does just enough to shun these unfortunate moments. Players voluntarily, not forcibly, involving themselves with such madness with sufficiently-positive results.

Last edited:

Reon

Wow, this game is coming out already? I knew it was announced but had no idea it was so close. So is it just Sniper Elite 4's assets being reused to make a zombie game like the Trilogy was? Because the Trilogy was pretty solid.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Better than I was expecting to be honest. GamingBolt gave it an 8/10 which is great for me because their ratings line up within a point of mine 87% of the time. With a $25 GameStop coupon due to those reward points, I will be ordering this later tonight once it become available.

HBx2000

Can't wait to play! Nice to see the positive reviews, but doesn't really bother me.
Enjoyed every single entry, so I don't think it will be any different for me this time.

Gamernyc78

Banned
aTdY8Pz.jpg

Available on:
PlayStation 4 Feb 4, 2020
Xbox One Feb 4, 2020
PC Feb 4, 2020

cfTbQkp.png

jGziMow.png

IGN - 7/10

VG247 - 3/5

PC Gamer - 70/100

Wccftech - 80/100

GamesRadar+ - 3.5/5

Metro GameCentral - 7/10

TheSixthAxis - 80/100

Push Square - 80/100

Hardcore Gamer - 70/100

Wow never heard of it. Thanks for putting it on my radar. If anything sounds like a good coop game to have mindless fun with.

Two games he mentioned tht I found extremely boring lol Red Dead and Witcher 3 so I'm glad it's nothing like those.

Last edited:

xiseerht

It is a Rebellion game and it is fun. That is pretty much the game in a nutshell. I don't think I dislike any of their games.

Neolombax

I want to play this game so bad, but it is not available in the SEA region for some reason. PSN is not selling it, nor are shops. I'm pretty disappointed. Looked like a fun game.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
This is essentially the raid mode on the RE Revelations title with less enemy variety/skins/characters but zombies move faster. Great.

Mista

Banned
I saw JF play it with his mates the other day and it looked so fun

I can't say no to a co-op game. Will get it if my mates does

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Yeah I started playing this week and I'm having fun. I enjoy the humour in this game, like with the living Addams Family hands or the zombie shark eating zombies for you. :)

The only thing that bothers me is that one season pass isn't enough for the devs. At least the super deluxe edition dropped to a decent price in the PS Store so I grabbed it. Gonna wait for a big sale with season 2, because the price for the package is insanely high.

Last edited:

Hydroxy

Is this game coming to Steam in the near future? Heard the game is pretty dead on PC atm due to being on EGS and no cross play with consoles.

Ywap

Yeah I started playing this week and I'm having fun. I enjoy the humour in this game, like with the living Addams Family hands or the zombie shark eating zombies for you. :)

The only thing that bothers me is that one season pass isn't enough for the devs. At least the super deluxe edition dropped to a decent price in the PS Store so I grabbed it. Gonna wait for a big sale with season 2, because the price for the package is insanely high.

Yeah, i agree. The humour in this game is so enjoyable 🤟

I got the Super Deluxe edition so i have season 1. I don´t care about cosmetics so i think i´m gonna buy the missions separately for season 2, that seems like a reasonable price since they are rather long.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Yeah, i agree. The humour in this game is so enjoyable 🤟

I got the Super Deluxe edition so i have season 1. I don´t care about cosmetics so i think i´m gonna buy the missions separately for season 2, that seems like a reasonable price since they are rather long.
Yeah the episodes are reasonably long, but still 35€ for a second season pass is a lot of money. Maybe it's just me, I've only bought several season passes in my life and I think I've never paid more 20€ for one.

Ywap

Yeah the episodes are reasonably long, but still 35€ for a second season pass is a lot of money. Maybe it's just me, I've only bought several season passes in my life and I think I've never paid more 20€ for one.
Yeah, that´s way to expensive! For me each mission cost 5€, so 15€ for the playable content is fine i think :)

This is on PC from the Epic store. What are the cost for each mission for you if you buy them separately?

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Yeah, that´s way to expensive! For me each mission cost 5€, so 15€ for the playable content is fine i think :)

This is on PC from the Epic store. What are the cost for each mission for you if you buy them separately?
It's 7€ in the PS Store per episode. So I'm assuming there's going to be more than 3 missions in season pass 2?

Ywap

Not sure so be honest. I suspected there were to be 3 missions for each season but i can be wrong...

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
I thought this game released a while ago?

I love 1 and 2 and never got a chance to play 3 since for some moronic reason I could only seem to find it available as a trilogy release.

Very excited for 4.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Oh boy the last fight from the Rotten Coast episode is a big difficulty spike. I'm playing on hard (solo) and this is the first one I'm struggling with. Too many enemies + those goddamn butchers + snipers + suiciders. :(

Ywap

Oh boy the last fight from the Rotten Coast episode is a big difficulty spike. I'm playing on hard (solo) and this is the first one I'm struggling with. Too many enemies + those goddamn butchers + snipers + suiciders. :(
Sounds like Zombie Army alright :messenger_beaming:

I´m glad they stick to their roots and doesn´t make this serie too easy! Did you make it eventually?

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Sounds like Zombie Army alright :messenger_beaming:

I´m glad they stick to their roots and doesn´t make this serie too easy! Did you make it eventually?
Took me about 20 attempts, but yes. :) Didn't help that I started the battle with low health and couldn't stop trying to heal through takedowns which made me an easy target for butchers.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The rest of the campaign was a smooth run on the high difficulty and I liked the final boss battle. Overall a very cool campaign.

I'm currently stuck on the third DLC mission (from season pass 1) and I'll probably lower the difficulty. The game throws EVERYONE at you in the same battle - snipers, butchers, machinegun & flamethrower elites, crawlers, suicide bombers plus all of the standard enemies. Not to mention it's not a very open area and you can easily get stuck in a narrow passageway or in a dead end. I'm not a big fan of the difficulty spikes, I would prefer if the difficulty increased gradually.

Last edited:

Ywap

I finished the Main campain + 3 dlc. i´m doing a brutal difficulty run and can´t proceed from the Village of darkness.

I´ve had quite alot of these bugs where i´ve had to replay levels. I have tried this one 5 times now, both restarting from the safe room and by making a new game from the main menu. I wonder if i have to replay the last mission from the previous chapter...?

Top Bottom