• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

njean777

Got a question

I am at the end of the game and died after getting the
USB from the computer

It took me back to the safehouse and now the door to the shortcut is locked. How do I get back? What direction do I go and where do I go?

I wandered all around and couldn't find my way.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so what did you do?

Oh yeah that happened to me also, you have to go the long way all the way back to where you died. They
take all your short cuts away from you in order to lengthen the end, which btw pissed me off to no end.
Took me 3 survivors in order to get back to the safe house.

Crom

Oh yeah that happened to me also, you have to go the long way all the way back to where you died. They
take all your short cuts away from you in order to lengthen the end, which btw pissed me off to no end.
Took me 3 survivors in order to get back to the safe house.

I tried to go back and went all of the way to the flats.
I went down the chute and got stuck. There was no way back up the chute and in front of me was a dead end.

What route did you take to make it back to the
USB
?

I must have taken a bad route.

Crom

Oh man, that sucks you died, first you gotta recover the previous survivor's mission items. Go back to where you died and get
The Panacea
Then make it back to the safe house like it originally intended. You gotta do it the hard way.
The Prepper's no longer with you, then you gotta make it to the Tower of London.

Thanks... the problem is that I don't know the best route to get back to the survivor. I took one and ended up going down the
chute in the Flats again but it lead to a dead end and there is no way back up the chute. I had to turn it off.

Great game but this part is a little weird if you die.

Crom

Installing now. Won't be able to play until tomorrow night. Excited though.

Good deal. I really am enjoying it.

Can't believe how far off some of the reviews were. Every game has flaws and so does this one but honestly the lowest score this should get from any serious reviewer is a 7 even if it isn't their type of game.

Metroid

Probably has been answered a dozen times but after the so-so reviews, what is the GAF consensus on this game? Tommorow is launch day here so I'm still wondering.

Crom

No problem.

Most people really like the game. It is a case of some reviewers having it wrong.

Read through the thread and you will see most people really enjoyed it.

It is the most fun that I have had with a game in a long time.

Turns out that planks are useless even for the
Safe House defense mission. The Prepper locks the door to the exit and won't let you out until you trigger the mission objective which spawns the blighters, so the only way I can see planks being used is if you take the exact path through Hanbury Green to get to the safe house, which probably isn't worth it.

An item so bad, that the game manages to prevent using them for the one possible purpose they could possibly have.

ElRenoRaven

Thank god tomorrow is Friday. I haven't been able to play worth a shit this week. That's the one bad thing about work. It really cuts into your game time.

oatmeal

Banned
Fuck me!

I just piut in a good 3-4 hours.

Lost three people, two of them stocked to the tits.

Not even sure what happened on my last one, I exploded under the Tower of London.

Gah!

I wasn't infected, I just straight up died. I hope my body remains :(

Fuck me!

I just piut in a good 3-4 hours.

Lost three people, two of them stocked to the tits.

Not even sure what happened on my last one, I exploded under the Tower of London.

Gah!

I wasn't infected, I just straight up died. I hope my body remains :(
Welcome to the
bomb zombies. Worse zombies in game, use your bullets from afar.

Anywayz: I beat the game. Ending spoilers ahead.

I had four of Dee's letters to collect. Searched all over Tower of London until I found it, then I was gonna quit...but I wanted to keep playing...so I got two more letters with ease and the final one was in Spitafields and I couldn't figure out how to disable the jamming to scan stuff. Had to ask on Miiverse lol.

So I went back to the safe house and saved and was gonna quit...but I wanted to keep going...so I went to the Palace, gave the doctor the cure, back to safe house...then back to Palace (that semed pointless...) and started the "point of no return."

I had some Molotovs and grenades so I used them on some of the hordes of zombies at the beginning, but was running out so used the bat and pistol to lure them out and finish them off.

Can I ask why there were not one but TWO teleporting nurses here? They belong in the Nursery damnit.

I took one out with a molotov suprisingly, so I had only one to deal with.

Eventually made it and found the zombified doctor...why did he leave the quantine in the first place? This game, for how good it is, has some serious plot holes.

After about fifteen minutes of trying to figure out what angle to scan the walls at (they should allow you to move while scanning...) I figured out three of the four numbers of the code and just guessed the other digt till I got it.

And I kept going until I GOT THE ALMIGHTY AND POWERFUL CURE! EVERYONE CHEERED, BIRDS WERE SINGING, EVEN THE ZOMBIES WERE DANCING BUT then a bomb zombie came and killed me. Fucking bomb zombies...

So I warped back to the Palace and died before getting close to my prevous survivor by two zombies...only two. I should've taken them...

So there must've been some kinda online glitch because it kept telling me that others killed my infected player, like five-six times, and when I got there and Moltoved my survivor and the other zombies there was my previous zombie by name, and ANOTHER zombie called my Miiverse name! WTF? LMAO.

I made it back and got the cure, but at this point I only had one flare and Molotov and no health packs with only half the health. I had to go ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE SAFE HOUSE? WHAT THE FUCK????

I made my way slowly, two hilights being the spitters, which I shot one by one then meleed them, and a place that had about seven zombies at once. Used my flare and Molotov and detroyed them. All I had left was the cricket bat and like 11 pistol bullets.

...and I MADE IT!...Right toward the safe house where I died. Woke back up in the safe house where the prepper was going all mad and I got a couple Molotovs, Flares, and Health Packs and got the fuck out've there. Then he sounded like he wasn't on speakers anymore. I know the ending, but why did the speakers go out all of a sudden?

I KNEW IT! I knew there had to be a part where you used the machine gun...or whatever its called outside the safehouse. I kept shooting, but eventually ran out've bullets with like five zombies left after using a couple molotovs and flares.

So I ran the fuck out've there and got toward the exit when that cutscene played and the credits happened. I was like "huh? Thats it? Talk about a abrupt ending."

I didn't really get the part with the prepper. He was near the safe house the entire time but he was hiding for what? Why does he keep recruiting survivors? And I don't really get the twist, don't think there is one which is fine by me. Read all the letters and stuff too so...

So...how long are these credits eh? Eh? EH?! So after thats done...I resume control of my player? REALLY? They couldn't put the credits AFTER the actual final part...I guess not since you die anyway at this part.

With this part, I just ran. I ran and I ran and I ran until I got on the roof but still, still I failed and get infected. Pretty sure theres no way around this which is cool. Expected a bad ending anywayz.

Overall great game. Kinda wished the ending was fleshed out a bit more in terms of who prepper was and why the doctor even left the quartined area, but i was such a awesome game that I don't care. GOTY contender here. The gameplay itself is perfect, and thats all that matters.

So I played for 3 hours and 46 minutes straight today. Got so hooked and knew I was at the end so I figured I would keep going.

My final playtime was 16 hours and 31 minutes. Keep in mind that I usually finish games quickly, so this is a pretty long game.
My survivor count was 30.

Can't remember the last time I played a game on tv for so long straight. Wow, I just did not wanna quit because I had to see the end of the journey.

I usually don't replay games, but I can see myself replaying this in the future, in a few months. Might even try survivor mode, see how far I can get heh.

Btw: My Miiverse ID is AbbyVampire so if the dev team post a message that mentions me, since I saw them saying who beat it each day, and if you see it, post a picture please. Would love to have it as a token of awesome. (They probably won't mention me...)

Sanctuary

Probably has been answered a dozen times but after the so-so reviews, what is the GAF consensus on this game? Tommorow is launch day here so I'm still wondering.

I actually started to very much dislike the game within the first couple of hours while learning the ropes. I kept deleting my saves after dying once and restarting. The biggest problem for me at the start though was that I didn't think to constantly ping the map while moving around in combat. I think that is the single most important factor when just starting out. I was also getting sick of the market area--seeing it so much, and was quickly losing interest.

Once I hit Victoria Gardens though, things became slightly more open and less clausterphobic with the "samey" looking scenery. Although I do still find the reused assets of the underground subway map connections rather silly since they are almost identical in every way.

The game has quite a few problems, but if you're a fan of the genre, you probably aren't going to see better in a long while.

Also, has anyone actually used the CCTVs to find the gear that they may have lost (i.e. you grabbed your first shotgun, died, died on your way back to your infected self)? People are claiming that whatever gear you lose actually ends up dispersed across the various zones and that the CCTV will show you where it is. This made absolutely no logical sense to me. Then they mentioned the page on the board to the left of the CCTVs at your safe house. I had already read that, and it says nothing about getting back the same gear that you lost. I already knew that the CCTV helps you to find "new" gear, but for me it was always just a weapon that I didn't pick up that I had already discovered. Thinking that these people were full of shit, I loaded up all of my weapons that I could carry, intentionally died, then looked at the CCTV. No gear anywhere. So I ended up killing myself again so that the infected survivor would despawn. No new gear. Ran around for an hour then checked again. No new gear. Reset the system. No new gear. Yet people are claiming that they have recovered the same gear that they lost this way.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
So I've gone from excitement, to enjoyment, to apathy to pretty much disdain at this point. Being constantly punished for not staying totally focused during the repetitive melee combat is just weighing on me. After the 500th zombie is anyone really biting their nails as they swing for the 10th (or maybe it's the 11th or maybe it's the 12th time omigosh you never know!) time on a SWAT cop's head? *sigh*

Byshop

So I've gone from excitement, to enjoyment, to apathy to pretty much disdain at this point. Being constantly punished for not staying totally focused during the repetitive melee combat is just weighing on me. After the 500th zombie is anyone really biting their nails as they swing for the 10th (or maybe it's the 11th or maybe it's the 12th time omigosh you never know!) time on a SWAT cop's head? *sigh*

I'm right there with you. The game has some good ideas but it's held back by some truly terrible ones and some mediocre execution. I'm a survival horror junky and I've beaten far worse games than this one, but there are just too many baffling design decisions and glitchyness for it to be a truly great game.

-Byshop

Sanctuary

Don't bother using the bat once you get the Crossbow other than to knock off the riot zombie helmets. Seriously, just don't. You can also two shot kill zombies by shooting their heads with the pistol. If your aim is really shitty, simply aim for where their head is as they are coming towards you and just when they are about to swipe at you up close, fire. You'll almost never ever miss their face this way.

The bat is terribly no fun. The reliance of it early on probably puts off a lot of people. When you do have to use it though, to speed things up simply make sure whatever you're attacking is against a wall, or some other prop that won't allow them to be pushed back. Get up close and simply mash the trigger. It's still no fun, but it's much faster.

Anyway, I went from thinking that this game was about a 6.0 - 6.5 early on, to thinking it's probably a good 7.5. I really like it, but it does have too many issues that prevent it from being a classic. Maybe ZombiU2 will fix everything.

This is where you fail. You are suppose to bash their heads in and after the 3rd or 4th swing, you shoot them in the face with the weapon you want to level up with. By then it will only take one to two bullet and you conserve ammo. Once you get the crossbow, you will be sniping all day. Go for headshots, after the zombie is down go to the body and get your arrow back.

I actually started to very much dislike the game within the first couple of hours while learning the ropes. I kept deleting my saves after dying once and restarting. The biggest problem for me at the start though was that I didn't think to constantly ping the map while moving around in combat. I think that is the single most important factor when just starting out. I was also getting sick of the market area--seeing it so much, and was quickly losing interest.

Once I hit Victoria Gardens though, things became slightly more open and less clausterphobic with the "samey" looking scenery. Although I do still find the reused assets of the underground subway map connections rather silly since they are almost identical in every way.

The game has quite a few problems, but if you're a fan of the genre, you probably aren't going to see better in a long while.

Also, has anyone actually used the CCTVs to find the gear that they may have lost (i.e. you grabbed your first shotgun, died, died on your way back to your infected self)? People are claiming that whatever gear you lose actually ends up dispersed across the various zones and that the CCTV will show you where it is. This made absolutely no logical sense to me. Then they mentioned the page on the board to the left of the CCTVs at your safe house. I had already read that, and it says nothing about getting back the same gear that you lost. I already knew that the CCTV helps you to find "new" gear, but for me it was always just a weapon that I didn't pick up that I had already discovered. Thinking that these people were full of shit, I loaded up all of my weapons that I could carry, intentionally died, then looked at the CCTV. No gear anywhere. So I ended up killing myself again so that the infected survivor would despawn. No new gear. Ran around for an hour then checked again. No new gear. Reset the system. No new gear. Yet people are claiming that they have recovered the same gear that they lost this way.

Can confirm I got my crossbow back this way, it was in the market.

Need some help, possible bug.
I did the quest to get more gas for the genny, but saved when I got back to the safe house (before filling) because I wasn't sure if there would be an impending attack. Obviously saving for that reason is pointless but it makes me feel better. Anyway, having done that and filling the genny, the quest won't clear. All the objectives are checked but the main quest to fill it is still on my quest screen.
Any thoughts? Or does the quest clear later?

This might be the best launch exclusive I've played since Mario 64. It's incredible.

It also had the funniest moment I've had in any game in years.
I was in Buckingham Palace, right before that hallway filled with a crap ton of zombies. And I set down a land mine right at the door and got ready to get their attention. Right before I shot the zombie in the head to catch their attention, a zombie came from behind and pushed me into my own land mine.

It was amazing.

Sanctuary

This is where you fail. You are suppose to bash their heads in and after the 3rd or 4th swing, you shoot them in the face with the weapon you want to level up with. By then it will only take one to two bullet and you conserve ammo. Once you get the crossbow, you will be sniping all day. Go for headshots, after the zombie is down go to the body and get your arrow back.

Headshots are only reliable with the crossbow against stationary zombies. You can still shoot one in the face as it's about to swipe at you, but it's a bit more risky than with the pistol. You can pretty much kill any regular zombie with three shots of the crossbow, and each shot staggers them long enough for you to reload and shoot again before they reach you. The tougher zombies require six, and the riot zombies aren't worth the risk of losing a bolt, and it's better to just pistol shoot them. Riot zombies also require more than four hits and a bullet to kill. You either have to swipe at them close to thirteen times total, or swipe at them three times to knock off their helmets and then shoot them in the face twice.

I did the bat, bat, bat, bat, shot strat as well, but it gets really lame fast, and as long as you're not terribly bad with your shots, you can just use the pistol when you need to and shoot twice (if you aren't wasting ammo, you will end up with a large surplus at the end, especially if you use the crossbow most of the time). Leveling it up only gives you a minor effect, mostly regardling reload and aim speed. Neither of which matter when you're headshotting. Skilling up is actually rather unnecessary--weapon mods make the largest impact. I finished the game without dying having only two in pistols, four in crossbows and one in shotgun and assault rifles.

There's also a bug that makes zombies despawn and eat your bolts if you go out of line of sight from something you sniped at 4x range. Say the market area for insteance. If you stand on the scaffolding and shoot a zombie in the far corner and then backtrack down the ladder, once you go to where the zombie was, the corpse is gone and so is your bolt.

Need some help, possible bug.
I did the quest to get more gas for the genny, but saved when I got back to the safe house (before filling) because I wasn't sure if there would be an impending attack. Obviously saving for that reason is pointless but it makes me feel better. Anyway, having done that and filling the genny, the quest won't clear. All the objectives are checked but the main quest to fill it is still on my quest screen.
Any thoughts? Or does the quest clear later?

Might be a bug, but
did the lights turn back on? Sometimes quests do seem to take a while to update their cleared status.

Might be a bug, but
did the lights turn back on? Sometimes quests do seem to take a while to update their cleared status.

Yeah,
lights on, generator running, refuel tick box ticked. By all accounts, it doesn't make sense.
Guess I'll just keep on, fingers crossed I'm not screwed later.

There is a sound effect later in the game that is kind of annoying me.
Is there anyway to turn off the non stop radar ping noise after the first upgrade or do I have to learn to live with it?

Medalion

Banned
I tried to take a nap in the game, said I couldn't cuz it was too dangerous to sleep

Checked my radar, and saw a Zombie outside my safe house door, and it turned out it was one of my Friend listed infected avatars

I killed em good, but they had no loot :(

Had a clipping through walls issue last night, managed to travel through a sewer "blind" and saved my game back at the safe house. Then traveled back through the sewers to baconfields and instantly died upon arrival. Now my infected survivor (that has a mission critical item) is clipped below the level and I can't reach him. Gotta restart the game from the beginning :( At least it's damn fun.

Steenbock

Neo Member
Well, after enjoying the VS mode at E3, and looking forward to playing the single player after reading all the positive comments, I rented this tonight.

Currently, I'm glad that I only rented it.

I was enjoying the game quite a bit for the first hour and a half, I like the suspense, the fact that you need to be really paranoid, conserve ammo and that you have to carefully work your way through areas, even if you've already been through them. Overall, I was feeling it was pretty much the ideal survival horror game.

However... After the supermarket, I died on my way back to the safehouse. Now I'm stuck there, trying to hold off an attacking zombie horde, armed with a cricket bat and six bullets. I've gone through seven lives so far, and I can't even tell if I'm making forward progress or not. As a result, I've pretty much given up on the game at this point. It seems like my only real hope is to erase my save game and start over, so that I can make sure that I reach the safe house with my backpack full of bullets, and I'm not very enthusiastic about re-investing that chunk of time back into the game right now.

Any advice or encouragement? Am I actually 'wearing down' the horde with stream of sacrifices, or will I need to kill the entire horde on one life? Also, does this sort of situation arise a lot in the game (IE: making one mistake and suffering a gigantic, crippling penalty), or did I just manage to die at a really bad point?

I honestly want to like this game, but right now I'm not finding it even remotely fun to play... just frustrating.

Well, after enjoying the VS mode at E3, and looking forward to playing the single player after reading all the positive comments, I rented this tonight.

I was enjoying the game quite a bit for the first hour and a half, I like the suspense, the fact that you need to be really paranoid, conserve ammo and that you have to carefully work your way through areas, even if you've already been through them. Overall, I was feeling it was pretty much the ideal survival horror game.

However... After the supermarket, I died on my way back to the safehouse. Now I'm stuck there, trying to hold off an attacking zombie horde, armed with a cricket bat and six bullets. I've gone through seven lives so far, and I can't even tell if I'm making forward progress or not. As a result, I've pretty much given up on the game at this point. It seems like my only real hope is to erase my save game and start over, so that I can make sure that I reach the safe house with my backpack full of bullets, and I'm not very enthusiastic about re-investing that chunk of time back into the game right now.

Any advice or encouragement? Am I actually 'wearing down' the horde with stream of sacrifices, or will I need to kill the entire horde on one life? Also, does this sort of situation arise a lot in the game (IE: making one mistake and suffering a gigantic, crippling penalty), or did I just manage to die at a really bad point?

I honestly want to like this game, but right now I'm not finding it even remotely fun to play... just frustrating.

In situations like that I lure them away (preferably one at a time) with a bullet and make them walk through a bottleneck where I club them with the bat.

Same thing happened to me. I went through like 5 survivors. And yes, you are wearing them down slowly but surely. Keep at it.

Sanctuary

However... After the supermarket, I died on my way back to the safehouse. Now I'm stuck there, trying to hold off an attacking zombie horde, armed with a cricket bat and six bullets. I'm not very enthusiastic about re-investing that chunk of time back into the game right now.

Any advice or encouragement?

Honestly, you haven't even scratched the surface of the game. You're literally still in the tutorial stage. Did you try running back to where you died at the supermarket, or was it inside a large group of zombies and you decided that it wasn't worth the risk?

The actual defense sequence is annoying because it actually seems much harder than it really is. I believe there are a total of ten zombies, but it starts out with three, then soon after another joins in, then another. After that, there's a pause, and then I think it's three, and then two. But really, it literally takes ten minutes to reach that point into the game again, and having two flares and two cocktails make it immensely easier.

Otherwise, simply make sure to mash on your ping button during combat so you know where they are all at and make liberal use of the run function. If you only have the bat and the gun, try taking out a zombie with two headshots, then running away and do this until there's only one left (or two if you can lock one in a room for a bit) and finish it off with the bat. Then loot everything and pray for ammo or another cocktail. I don't know if the sequence resets though if you die, or if you can simply pick off a few, die, pick off a few more, die again, then finish it.

In situations like that I lure them away (preferably one at a time) with a bullet and make them walk through a bottleneck where I club them with the bat.

I got a little mileage out of the fence with the barrier that's exactly to the right of the door you come out of from your safe house. You can often finish off a zombie that's crawling under the fence. I stopped messing around with that area though after zombies kept screwing with me by coming through the room beside it.

oatmeal

Banned
I had some serious glitches today...it was kind of terrifying and supernatural.

It was under Ron's apartment at the bottom floor of the elevator.

In the left shaft, there was two zombies walking around in there. And then I marked them and was going to get them, and then they disappeared.

I turned around, and all three were behind me frozen in a run animation. Just stiff...facing the wall. I tried to hit them, nothing, went right through them.

I fucked around a bit, and then I left the room and came back and then they were ALL gone. I go into the elevator shaft on the left and I stand there and then 3-4 zombies fall from the ceiling and start attacking. I ran the fuck away.

It was terrifying.

I started every paragraph with the letter I.

I'm awesome.

oatmeal

Banned

There's a hole you can climb through in the safe house, it's in the open, but you can climb under. Run into there and let them filter throuhg one at a time and get one hit kills while they're on the ground.

Sanctuary

There's a hole you can climb through in the safe house, it's in the open, but you can climb under. Run into there and let them filter throuhg one at a time and get one hit kills while they're on the ground.

It's what I mentioned above. The problem is when you end up with more than two or three zombies out at once and one or two decide to be clever and come from the room beside you. You also don't have to crawl under, it's faster to simply climb over the barricade right next to it.

Crom

Welcome to the
bomb zombies. Worse zombies in game, use your bullets from afar.

Anywayz: I beat the game. Ending spoilers ahead.

I had four of Dee's letters to collect. Searched all over Tower of London until I found it, then I was gonna quit...but I wanted to keep playing...so I got two more letters with ease and the final one was in Spitafields and I couldn't figure out how to disable the jamming to scan stuff. Had to ask on Miiverse lol.

So I went back to the safe house and saved and was gonna quit...but I wanted to keep going...so I went to the Palace, gave the doctor the cure, back to safe house...then back to Palace (that semed pointless...) and started the "point of no return."

I had some Molotovs and grenades so I used them on some of the hordes of zombies at the beginning, but was running out so used the bat and pistol to lure them out and finish them off.

Can I ask why there were not one but TWO teleporting nurses here? They belong in the Nursery damnit.

I took one out with a molotov suprisingly, so I had only one to deal with.

Eventually made it and found the zombified doctor...why did he leave the quantine in the first place? This game, for how good it is, has some serious plot holes.

After about fifteen minutes of trying to figure out what angle to scan the walls at (they should allow you to move while scanning...) I figured out three of the four numbers of the code and just guessed the other digt till I got it.

And I kept going until I GOT THE ALMIGHTY AND POWERFUL CURE! EVERYONE CHEERED, BIRDS WERE SINGING, EVEN THE ZOMBIES WERE DANCING BUT then a bomb zombie came and killed me. Fucking bomb zombies...

So I warped back to the Palace and died before getting close to my prevous survivor by two zombies...only two. I should've taken them...

So there must've been some kinda online glitch because it kept telling me that others killed my infected player, like five-six times, and when I got there and Moltoved my survivor and the other zombies there was my previous zombie by name, and ANOTHER zombie called my Miiverse name! WTF? LMAO.

I made it back and got the cure, but at this point I only had one flare and Molotov and no health packs with only half the health. I had to go ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE SAFE HOUSE? WHAT THE FUCK????

I made my way slowly, two hilights being the spitters, which I shot one by one then meleed them, and a place that had about seven zombies at once. Used my flare and Molotov and detroyed them. All I had left was the cricket bat and like 11 pistol bullets.

...and I MADE IT!...Right toward the safe house where I died. Woke back up in the safe house where the prepper was going all mad and I got a couple Molotovs, Flares, and Health Packs and got the fuck out've there. Then he sounded like he wasn't on speakers anymore. I know the ending, but why did the speakers go out all of a sudden?

I KNEW IT! I knew there had to be a part where you used the machine gun...or whatever its called outside the safehouse. I kept shooting, but eventually ran out've bullets with like five zombies left after using a couple molotovs and flares.

So I ran the fuck out've there and got toward the exit when that cutscene played and the credits happened. I was like "huh? Thats it? Talk about a abrupt ending."

I didn't really get the part with the prepper. He was near the safe house the entire time but he was hiding for what? Why does he keep recruiting survivors? And I don't really get the twist, don't think there is one which is fine by me. Read all the letters and stuff too so...

So...how long are these credits eh? Eh? EH?! So after thats done...I resume control of my player? REALLY? They couldn't put the credits AFTER the actual final part...I guess not since you die anyway at this part.

With this part, I just ran. I ran and I ran and I ran until I got on the roof but still, still I failed and get infected. Pretty sure theres no way around this which is cool. Expected a bad ending anywayz.

Overall great game. Kinda wished the ending was fleshed out a bit more in terms of who prepper was and why the doctor even left the quartined area, but i was such a awesome game that I don't care. GOTY contender here. The gameplay itself is perfect, and thats all that matters.

So I played for 3 hours and 46 minutes straight today. Got so hooked and knew I was at the end so I figured I would keep going.

My final playtime was 16 hours and 31 minutes. Keep in mind that I usually finish games quickly, so this is a pretty long game.
My survivor count was 30.

Can't remember the last time I played a game on tv for so long straight. Wow, I just did not wanna quit because I had to see the end of the journey.

I usually don't replay games, but I can see myself replaying this in the future, in a few months. Might even try survivor mode, see how far I can get heh.

Btw: My Miiverse ID is AbbyVampire so if the dev team post a message that mentions me, since I saw them saying who beat it each day, and if you see it, post a picture please. Would love to have it as a token of awesome. (They probably won't mention me...)

Anyone that beat the game please help

I am at the part in where you use the turret gun at the end of the game. The zombies seem to never stop. Any way after I kill a ton of them the game freezes on me every time. This is the first area it ever froze on me and it makes a loud buzzing noise. Do I have to kill all of the zombies or can I just run away? I ask because I have played this section 7 times and it froze on me every time eventually.

Thanks

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
FYI, UPlay is available for download on the Nintendo eShop. I'm preparing to create an account. I've never used Uplay before. How does ZombiU utilize it?

I love how bad the sound effect is when you start a new game or load your game.

That zombie scream growl thing is so awful. I cringed the first time I heard it, but now I just laugh at it.

Sanctuary

Anyone that beat the game please help

I am at the part in where you use the turret gun at the end of the game. The zombies seem to never stop. Any way after I kill a ton of them the game freezes on me every time. This is the first area it ever froze on me and it makes a loud buzzing noise. Do I have to kill all of the zombies or can I just run away? I ask because I have played this section 7 times and it froze on me every time eventually.

Thanks

That's the reproducible system freeze that I hinted at in the lockup thread. The thing is, you don't really have to
kill that many. You just need to get the hell out of dodge. The easiest way to get past this section is to use a flare and then simply run. The goal is not to kill them all, it's to simply escape.

The reason it freezes sounded to me like a cpu or ram issue, because
the corpses don't disappear for a while, and the game just keeps sending more zombies at you indefinitely.

I just finished playing a solid three hours of the 2 player modes, and I gotta say, that's ridiculously fun! Sadly, I only have a Wii Remote and Nunchuk right now, so it was tougher than it should be, but damned if we didn't have a blast!

Crom

That's the reproducible system freeze that I hinted at in the lockup thread. The thing is, you don't really have to
kill that many. You just need to get the hell out of dodge. The easiest way to get past this section is to use a flare and then simply run. The goal is not to kill them all, it's to simply escape.

The reason it freezes sounded to me like a cpu or ram issue, because
the corpses don't disappear for a while, and the game just keeps sending more zombies at you indefinitely.

Thanks.

Crazy. I just ran past everyone and left. Kind of anti-climatic. I love the game but the end needs works. I wasted hours because of this. I kept killing everything in sight all for nothing

I just got to the
Tower of London. I crouched down through an opening and now I'm underground. There are terrible noises coming from ahead.
Fuuuuuuuuuuck meeeeeeee.

Good deal. I really am enjoying it.

Can't believe how far off some of the reviews were. Every game has flaws and so does this one but honestly the lowest score this should get from any serious reviewer is a 7 even if it isn't their type of game.
Well, anything above a 5 is supposed to be good... But by the gaming media's standards (except Edge), I get what you mean... It's like anything below 8 is trash...

My Miiverse ID is AbbyVampire

Oh... So YOU're that weird guy that pops up half the times I google something GAF-related.

Sanctuary

Thanks.

Crazy. I just ran past everyone and left. Kind of anti-climatic. I love the game but the end needs works. I wasted hours because of this. I kept killing everything in sight all for nothing

Yeah well...
It's to pad the fuck out of your leaderboard score yo! You get 10 points per zombie. That's how the top four or so were so much higher in score than I was, but I had the highest score to time ratio (18k at 9hrs) as of yesterday on the normal mode, but someone crushed it on survivor (7hrs with something like 19k) today. The people in the top four were sitting at 20 - 32 hours with only 1-3k higher scores--which was nothing but zombie farming.

Well, anything above a 5 is supposed to be good... But by the gaming media's standards (except Edge), I get what you mean... It's like anything below 8 is trash...

I usually never bother with anything below a 7.5 anymore, and that's only if I was either super excited to play it prior to reviews, or I'm already a fan of the genre. It's not even so much the "score" that I care about either, it's just that over time I've been able to associate specific sites and their scores with my own opinions on games. I typically just use Gamerankings though for games I'm unsure of since it's an average of multiple reviews. Of course now there's Gaf (was always here, I just rarely read it), but I've learned to take a lot of what is on this site with a grain of salt when it comes to the hype machine.

Anything that's at least an 8.0 that looked interesting to me I'll play. The mainstream perspectives of what makes a game good or bad seems to have gotten completely out of touch with reality over the past five years or so. People act like anything below a 9.5 is pure shit, and will repeatedly slam a site for giving a game that they think is super awesome "only" an 8.0 - 8.5. Yeah, the game is only "great", so it's garbage.

This game is about a 7.5 at best to me, but I loved my playthroughs. I'm just hoping they make a sequel and actually improve upon what's already there, instead of just dumbing it down.

Eusis

There's a key difference between "this game is good" and "this game is worth buying and investing time into" too, to me it's the most logical reason to justify why a game's still good at 7 or even 6 but you write off buying it. There's a lot of games that ARE good and well made! Buuut they aren't quite good enough to bother with versus something else, not unless they manage to be very unique and stand out. It's why I can rationalize, say, a Suda 51 game versus a well made CoD knock off: you can easily play something instead of that CoD knock off (like CoD itself), but there won't be anything quite like that Suda 51 game, and similar applies to other standout, unique games. And this does seem to be closer to that kind of unique, one-of-a-kind game, plus it came out at launch when you're desperate for titles.

My favorite moment in the game: Recognizing the Terran Academy scream from Starcraft while trying not to flip out about a potential ambush from a former survivor and her killers.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I tried to take a nap in the game, said I couldn't cuz it was too dangerous to sleep

Checked my radar, and saw a Zombie outside my safe house door, and it turned out it was one of my Friend listed infected avatars

I killed em good, but they had no loot :(

I have a friend that shows up at my Safe House every time. Never any loot. It's like there's always a roach in the house I need to kill before I'm comfortable enough to sleep.

"It's too dangerous to sleep."

"@#$%"

::shuffle over to the gate::

WHACK

WHACK

WHACK

WHACK

WHACK

::slams gate shut::

"@#$%"

::goes back to bed::

Top Bottom