• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zone of the Enders: Enders Project announced (ZoE sequel concept, OP fully updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the chris

gonna be cancelled for lack of fan involvement

But I already wrote a sexy fanfic for them that involves Dingo and ADA that they could use for the story.

On the other hand, I'm not getting too excited for this until the platform(s) for the game is announced.

Peff

ZoE1 sold a pathetic 120k in Japan. So it would have had to sell a shitload everywhere else to remotely make up for it, and I really don't think it did. ZoE2 sold even worse. :(

Fist of Mars sold so much it shattered reality and unsold most copies of ZoE1/2, that's why they didn't include it here.

Jubern

ZoE1 sold a pathetic 120k in Japan. So it would have had to sell a shitload everywhere else to remotely make up for it, and I really don't think it did. ZoE2 sold even worse. :(

Seriously? WTH?
Am I crazy for believing 100% a third entry would sell a lot better (200-300k)?

I thought about the ancient civilization aspect and realized something. Wasn't it said that Metatron
has kind of its own will?

Maybe it actually has its origin in this ancient civilization and was used by humans to create a Orbital Frame like armor exoskeleton and these persons therefore were seen as gods by the people who couldn't understand this technology.

Fast forward a few thousand years the Metatron is built into mechs that mimic the ancient exoskeletons
(containing the ancients spirits from the ancient users that were engraved into the metatron)
and now in the new game somebody time-travels into the past and discovers the origins, because he/she either has something to do there or wants to get back to their own time.

Please be a new game, please be a new game - Zone of Enders 2 was one of my favourite games on ps2. Imagine how amazing this could be on ps3. Concept art looks great.

Dibbz

Yet another photo of the model: http://twitpic.com/9p198l

The guy has a bunch of photos at different angles too: http://twitpic.com/photos/minamisinzya

RmaLi.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

This has got to be made. Fucking screw everything Kojima just work on this. Why were they even trying to get MGS: Rising done when they had shit like this??!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
All this talk is scaring me. I feel like we're in store for that Guy Savage style ZOE game Kojima talked about.

Oppo

I'd just like to say, out of all the terms for giant robot out there, "orbital frame" is my favorite.

Kusano123

Neo Member
*ZOE Sequel announced*

"IT'SSS THIS REAL RIFE?"

YOU FOOLS BETTER BUY HD COLLECTION!!! NOT ONLY FOR YOURSELVES, BUT YOUR MOM, DAD, SISTERS, BROTHERS AND ETC... KOJIMA-SAN NEEDS YOUR HELP! ;_;

kuroshiki

*ZOE Sequel announced*

"IT'SSS THIS REAL RIFE?"

YOU FOOLS BETTER BUY HD COLLECTION!!! NOT ONLY FOR YOURSELVES, BUT YOUR MOM, DAD, SISTERS, BROTHERS AND ETC... KOJIMA-SAN NEEDS YOUR HELP! ;_;

No. Not him. US.

We need help.

Buy HD edition. You guys have enough money for kickstarter fund. Why not this.

duckroll

Okay, I updated basically all the remaining information into the OP. Don't expect there to be any more updates since all the info is now cleared up from all the Japanese news sites.

ezekial45

Banned
Wait, this is that project ogre game that was talked about a few months back? I heard that they wanted to make an open world game of some sort. If this is it, then...then...I don't know I can't find the words to describe how exciting that would be.

Sojgat

At this point it would be a huge dick move to not make the game.

You're talking about a guy who released a demo for a game starring Solid Snake, then in the full game replaced him with a blonde sissy 5 minutes after the point where the demo ended. I really don't think Kojima is above a dick move or two.

duckroll

Wait, this is that project ogre game that was talked about a few months back? I heard that they wanted to make an open world game of some sort. If this is it, then...then...I don't know I can't find the words to describe how exciting that would be.

No, this is not Project Ogre. Kojima isn't even producing this. Project Ogre is a game that Kojima is actually producing and directing. It's part of the reason why he's too busy to actually oversee this personally.

ezekial45

Banned
No, this is not Project Ogre. Kojima isn't even producing this. Project Ogre is a game that Kojima is actually producing and directing. It's part of the reason why he's too busy to actually oversee this personally.

Alright. Though whatever this turns out to be should be pretty exciting.

Azure J

I just read the OP. I am so excite, but seeing this:

An important note though. This is no confirmation that this will become an actual game and that it will end up getting made. In the 4Gamer article, they say that Kojima is very serious about wanting to make the game, which is why he is announcing this as an actual ZoE sequel. But right now they are still experimenting with the feasibility of making it, and it is only in the very early stages.

All I can say is "Don't Megaman Legends 3 Project me bro." :lol

ezekial45

Banned
Yeah, hopefully it means that in 2013, Kojima Productions will finally be a relevant developer again. They've been kinda... missing for a while now.

It's because they want to move all their efforts onto the Fox Engine, which they're still working on.

Plus, their new California studio should be producing some stuff as well. Whether that'll be any good remains to be seen.

duckroll

It's because they want to move all their efforts onto the Fox Engine, which they're still working on.

Plus, their new California studio should be producing some stuff as well. Whether that'll be any good remains to be seen.

Did they actually end up opening that studio? I was under the impression they didn't get enough applications and shelved that plan for later.

Glass Rebel

I'm not even that much of a KojiPro fan but Shinkawa (?) continues to be the best fucking artist in this industry. I said gatdamn.

elcapitan

Shinkawa's in a class of his own. He has a very distinctive style like Amano and Kojima. His mechanical designs are the best though.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Man, that artwork looks so great. Shinkawa sure knows how to make good looking stuff.

I'm happy for the ZOE HD release date being on October. I hope they keep it international.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom