• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple |OT| TV/Arcade/iPad/mac/iPhone

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I haven't owned a MacBook in like 10 years, I decided that I needed one. So far I'm loving it, I got the 14' M3 Pro, 12-core, 1TB. £2499 right out my asshole + £99.99/yr AppleCare. I don't think I'll ever be able to justify the price tag, but I'm still glad I got it.

mcnwRpv.jpeg
I've got the same one but with 512 ssd

angrod14

No love for the Air? It's thinner, lighter. I use it on my bed instead of an iPad because of the integrated keyboard and MacOS. I'm tented to try the Pro next year because of the better screen, but it's quite thicker and I don't really know if it's going to be as comfortable to use.

near

Gold Member
No love for the Air? It's thinner, lighter. I use it on my bed instead of an iPad because of the integrated keyboard and MacOS. I'm tented to try the Pro next year because of the better screen, but it's quite thicker and I don't really know if it's going to be as comfortable to use.
I was considering the Air as well but opted for the Pro. I feel like the Pro has just about the right thickness to my liking, I wouldn’t even describe it as thick, yet it also has the some weight and durability to it. It’s been really comfortable to use.

angrod14

Question regarding resolution in Macs. Does the resolution set in system settings affects only the UI or affects everything that's outputted through that screen? Because the default resolution is always lower than the res the screens are capable of outputting.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Question regarding resolution in Macs. Does the resolution set in system settings affects only the UI or affects everything that's outputted through that screen? Because the default resolution is always lower than the res the screens are capable of outputting.
It affects everything. Same as windows. Which is really annoying to look at when Mac wants me to default to 1080 on a 4k monitor.
zaVbdIf.png

RoboFu

One of the green rats

The problem with the air for myself is to get an air with 16 gigs of ram and a 522 ssd is a few hundred less than the pro i got with a better screen, speakers, and cpu. 🤷‍♂️

Sleepwalker

I have an M3 air and my wife has a M2 Pro. The pro weights a fuck ton more and is not nearly as comfortable.

Sleepwalker

Has anyone set up retroarch on their Apple tv yet? I'm going to attempt to do it soon.

With this and moonlight + apple arcade it can become a little solid game machine.

Top Bottom