• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beetlejuice 2 Trailer Released

What’s with the special effects, is it made for kids?

images

The first was a lot more horrific.
1SySdd.gif
The only really questionable effects in the first movie were the sandworm. But I love the look of the original film.

Also, I am going to take a guess and say that the shrunken head guy in the stripped suit is the original Beetlejuice? That's not really a spoiler, since it is just speculation.

Even the 'Hello, my name is BOB' nametag, kinda hints that is it the Beetlejuice from the first movie? Perhaps?

Maybe Beetlejuice x2 is the name of this version's Beetlejuice? Is Tim Burton doing a multi-verse take... or an impostor story thread? I don't have any forgone knowledge of this movie beyond what was presented in both trailers and perhaps a few rando movie-news stories.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The only really questionable effects in the first movie were the sandworm. But I love the look of the original film.

Also, I am going to take a guess and say that the shrunken head guy in the stripped suit is the original Beetlejuice? That's not really a spoiler, since it is just speculation.

Even the 'Hello, my name is BOB' nametag, kinda hints that is it the Beetlejuice from the first movie? Perhaps?

Maybe Beetlejuice x2 is the name of this version's Beetlejuice? Is Tim Burton doing a multi-verse take... or an impostor story thread? I don't have any forgone knowledge of this movie beyond what was presented in both trailers and perhaps a few rando movie-news stories.

The shrunken head guy is just the shrunken head guy pretending to be beetlejuice. Classic joke of dressing as another character, but in a way that clearly doesn’t look like that character.

Probably an escape attempt from Juice.

Power Pro

I think the trailer looks pretty good, I'm optimistic and hope it's good. I'll go to the theater for this for sure.

The shrunken head guy is just the shrunken head guy pretending to be beetlejuice. Classic joke of dressing as another character, but in a way that clearly doesn’t look like that character.

Probably an escape attempt from Juice.
OK, when I saw that scene from the trailer, I thought it was either a flash back to the first movie, or something else... But it seems like BettleJuices ex wife is hunting him down?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
OK, when I saw that scene from the trailer, I thought it was either a flash back to the first movie, or something else... But it seems like BettleJuices ex wife is hunting him down?

So basically the Afterlife is like the DMV. It is highly bureucratic, lots of rules, long lines, and misery. Beetlejuice has now died twice, and I feel there will be some rule that is currently unexplained.

As for work, he was an bioexorcist before, so many he returned to doing that? Could also explain why the shrunken head dude is dressed as beetlejuice.

As for the ex wife - she is indeed hunting him down. I think the whole reason he wanted to marry lydia was to get away from her.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I wonder if Geena Davis will show up in a cameo? Alec Baldwin probably won't so to keep everyone on the set safe.

Same reason for not having Jeffrey Jones I guess.

Last edited:
I think it would be fun if Juice was a somewhat ...well not good guy, but not the enemy in this one, just a nuissance. Kind of like the old cartoon.

It looks O.K. Def a curiosity watch. It even looks... fun...
I wonder if Geena Davis will show up in a cameo? Alec Baldwin probably won't so to keep everyone on the set safe.

Same reason for not having Jeffrey Jones I guess.
Finding out about Jones past with the minor was a face slapper. I've seen him in tons of movies, one of the more notable ones, besides Beetlejuice was Howard the Duck? What a fucking shame... letting a sick desire like that destroy your whole career and upend your life from a more "peaceful" state. Now, the guy has to inform everyone he's a sexual deviant, everytime he wishes to relocate.

I don't see why Geena and Alec couldn't do a quick cameo, together. WHile Alec's involvement might catch flack, I've seen Hollywood do worse.

So basically the Afterlife is like the DMV. It is highly bureucratic, lots of rules, long lines, and misery. Beetlejuice has now died twice, and I feel there will be some rule that is currently unexplained.

As for work, he was an bioexorcist before, so many he returned to doing that? Could also explain why the shrunken head dude is dressed as beetlejuice.

As for the ex wife - she is indeed hunting him down. I think the whole reason he wanted to marry lydia was to get away from her.

I would say that the afterlife portions of the original Beetlejuice were some of the more interesting parts of the movie. I also liked the character of the case worker. It was also the main plot of the original, as the honeymooner couple played by Alex Baldwin and Geena Davis haunting the latest owners of their former house. Beetlejuice was always the wild card character.

The ex-wife aspect is pretty amusing. The guy in the Beetlejuice suit could be Harry the Headhunter (he was also in the cartoon series) dressed up to throw off Beetljuice's his ex-wife? It is definitely a call back to the ending of the first movie. The small headed guy seems to be in more than a few scenes a side character. The joke in the original movie was that he was sitting beside the voodoo doctor who shrunk his head in the waiting room.

Top Bottom