• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dune: Part Two - Review Thread

Beautiful film.

But thought the pacing and story were meh.

Also question - riding the worms…its my understanding they just latch on for the ride…but are they actually in control of the worms? Because if not, it killed the immersion for me that they never dive deeper than surface level.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Rewatched both past weekend.

Timothee Chalamet Walk GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

Need to read the books.

DKehoe

Beautiful film.

But thought the pacing and story were meh.

Also question - riding the worms…its my understanding they just latch on for the ride…but are they actually in control of the worms? Because if not, it killed the immersion for me that they never dive deeper than surface level.
They use the hooks to pry open gap between segments on the worm. The worm then turns its body to avoid sand getting into those exposed areas. The Fremen can then use that instinctive reaction to steer the worm using the hooks like reigns. The worm won't dive beneath the sand while its interior is exposed like that.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
They use the hooks to pry open gap between segments on the worm. The worm then turns its body to avoid sand getting into those exposed areas. The Fremen can then use that instinctive reaction to steer the worm using the hooks like reigns. The worm won't dive beneath the sand while its interior is exposed like that.

Like i thought. Thanks for the explanation.

DKehoe

Like i thought. Thanks for the explanation.
No worries. There's maybe someone here who knows the lore a bit better than me who can explain it better but I think that's the basics. If you're into detail like that then you will (hopefully!) really enjoy the book since it goes into that kind of stuff more than the film has time to.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
No worries. There's maybe someone here who knows the lore a bit better than me who can explain it better but I think that's the basics. If you're into detail like that then you will (hopefully!) really enjoy the book since it goes into that kind of stuff more than the film has time to.

Well you described what I deducted. Reading the books will certainly give a deeper explanation indeed.

Laptop1991

I recently watched the first one which was ok, but the music and sound effects were so loud i couldn't hear the dialogue, i didn't hink it was better than the 1984 movie which i enjoyed, that was decades ago though, so i've got part 2 to watch and i'm wondering if i'll be able to hear them basically, i will see it at some point.

jason10mm

Gold Member
In a video game adaptation there would be giant parasites that attack you everytime you try to ride a worm :p

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I recently watched the first one which was ok, but the music and sound effects were so loud i couldn't hear the dialogue, i didn't hink it was better than the 1984 movie which i enjoyed, that was decades ago though, so i've got part 2 to watch and i'm wondering if i'll be able to hear them basically, i will see it at some point.

I streamed both. Used headphones. Hadn't had your experience. But I standard use English subtitles. So perhaps that helped?

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah English isn't my native tongue so hearing it without subs in a theater..

Probably would have the same experience. Native tongue or not now I think about it

Top Bottom