• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV - Can't Take Your Payment Major Issue

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
It's been reported for weeks now, but basically Square switched to a new company for their credit card transactions/systems. I've tried 3 different credit cards, and no dice.

VISA? Nope. Master card? Nope. Discover? Not today buddy.

Lots of users have reported the issue, and Square is at a loss for weeks. Imagine being a company so incompotent you can't even take money people are wanting to give you, and not prioritizing to fix the issue within 24 hours. Good luck to you when Dawntrail comes if you aren't already playing.

Your only other option seems to be to buy their shitty "crysta" cards, but those are a total rip off in dollar to sub ratio compared to just subscribing on a credit/debit card.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
They should probably get that fixed before July. Though maybe this is a sign to not think about resubbing to XIV.

Krathoon

I remember losing my Everquest II account. There was no phone number to customer support to retrieve it.

It was a similar thing, it switched to a new company.

Fortunatley, I was not deep into Everquest II. I decided to play a bad dark elf this time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you're going to sub to the game anyway, why not just get the Newegg 60 day time cards for $25 every month or so that they're available and on sale?

Krathoon

I have found that, if you don't play an MMO a really long time, they will delete your account.

The exception is Blizzard. Maybe Square. I have not tried getting my FF11 account.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I have found that, if you don't play an MMO a really long time, they will delete your account.

The exception is Blizzard. Maybe Square. I have not tried getting my FF11 account.
Low population in FFXI led to inactive characters never being deleted.

In XIV characters aren't ever deleted unless by the player. Housing gets demolished after 45 days of not being subscribed though.

Krathoon

Everquest II totaly does not have a customer support phone number now. It is nuts.

There may be some way to raise a ticket to get my old account.

Krathoon

I found out that you have to make a petition in the EQ2 game to get them to find your account.
So, you have to make a new account to get your account.
Madness.

Top Bottom