• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance - New Trailer + Preview Thread

Hudo

Have I? šŸ˜

mpkaqPs.gif
Nice

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I always think the protags in these SMT games are women, but then I look closer and I'm like... "Oh."

Last edited:
I always think the protags in these SMT games are women, but then I look closer and I'm like... "Oh."
I can see someone mistaking the SMTV protagonist as a female at a glance since he has a strong bishounen appearance, but the others, nah. Especially the SMT: Strange Journey protagonist, he's peak alpha material.

Evolved1

I can see someone mistaking the SMTV protagonist as a female at a glance since he has a strong bishounen appearance, but the others, nah. Especially the SMT: Strange Journey protagonist, he's peak alpha material.
In fairness I haven't played them all. I remember years ago I thought Nocturne protag was like an Audrey Tautou with tattoos but then I looked closer lol.

Btw... I thought maybe you just taught me some new vocab, which was surprising, but then google explained it's actually weeb language.

Last edited:
In fairness I haven't played them all. I remember years ago I thought Nocturne protag was like an Audrey Tautou with tattoos but then I looked closer lol.

Btw... I thought maybe you just taught me some new vocab, which was surprising, but then google explained it's actually weeb language.

You're essentially saying that the actress from Amelie, good movie by the way, looks like a dude. lol

Evolved1

That's one of my all time favorite films. Yeah, I'll admit that was my first thought (maybe I was projecting) but upon closer look noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt lol and was disappointed. Game was still awesome though.

That's one of my all time favorite films. Yeah, I'll admit that was my first thought (maybe I was projecting) but upon closer look noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt lol and was disappointed. Game was still awesome though.
It's all good. I just found the notion of someone seeing the demi-fiend and immediately thinking of a French actress to be pretty humorous. lol

Atlus has released details for the save transfer bonus for the Nintendo Switch version of Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance.

The bonus is available if you have Shin Megami Tensei V save data on the same Nintendo account being used to play Vengeance, and will allow the transfer of three demons from the compendium, in addition to receiving various bonuses depending on the endings reached.

This will contain spoilers for the original Shin Megami Tensei V.

Demon Transfer Rules​

Non-Transferable Demons

• Night Lilith
  • Panagia Tao
Non-Transferable Skills

• Estoma
Estoma has been changed from a skill to a divine will.

Other Notes

The following elements will differ between the games, and so may not carry over as is:

• The next skill to unlock
  • Weaknesses and resistances
  • Skill Potential
  • Level
  • Max HP/MP
If the level, max HP or max MP are below the base values for Vengeance, they will be increased to the base level.

Route Completion Bonuses​

Save Transfer Bonus (Available without clear game date)

• Large Glory Crystal x1
  • Healing Potion x20
  • Chakra Drop x5
  • Revival Bead x5
  • Spyglass x20
  • Smoke Ball x5
If you chose to ā€˜Uphold Godā€™s Orderā€™ and cleared the game

• Abdiel (Archangel) Essence x1
  • Abdiel (Fallen Angel) Essence x1
  • Vitality Balm x10
  • Vitality Incense x10
  • Grimoire x10
  • Gospel x3
  • Whittled Goat x1
If you chose to ā€˜Recreate the world and save Tokyoā€™ and cleared the game

• Hayataroā€™s Essence x1
  • Strength Balm x10
  • Magic Balm x10
  • Strength Incense x10
  • Magic Incense x10
If you chose to ā€˜Destroy the throneā€™ and cleared the game

• Nuwaā€™s (Human From) Essence x1
  • Nuwaā€™s (Snake Form) Essence x1
  • Agility Balm x10
  • Luck Balm x10
  • Agility Incense x10
  • Luck Incense x10
If you chose to ā€˜Destroy the throne and then to ā€˜Create a world for humanity aloneā€™ and cleared the game

• Shivaā€™s Essence x1
  • Khonsu Ra Essence x1
  • Fionn mac Cumhaill Essence x1
  • Health Balm x4
  • Stamina Balm x4
  • Health Incense x4
  • Stamina Incense x4
If you cleared every route

All of the above items plus:

• Battle Sutra x10
  • Fire Sutra x10
  • Ice Sutra x10
  • Elec Sutra x10
  • Force Sutra x10
  • Light Sutra x10
  • Dark Sutra x10
  • Destruction Sutra x10
  • Healing Sutra x5
  • Aiding Sutra x5
  • Calamity Sutra x10
Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance will be released on Nintendo Switch, PS4/PS5, Steam, Xbox and Windows PC on June 14, 2024 worldwide.

Jsisto

The carryover bonuses for switch are a little underwhelming, wish you could just carry over your whole compendium. But Iā€™ll probably buy it again on switch regardless. Absolutely loved this game and all the new additions make it seem worth sinking in to again. Iā€™ll deal with the inferior graphics cuz Iā€™m not about to buy a more powerful system for one game, was totally fine to me the first time!

Q2 2024 has been painfully dry. I hope this game makes up for it. I really hope the story will deliver something heavy this time.
Some of the bigger games this year were released towards the end of Q1 (Dragon's Dogma 2, Rise of the Ronin and Princess Peach Showtime comes to mind), so I can understand why Q2 might feel a bit barren.

Tbh, this period of the year has been like that for quite a while since most big hitters tend to release in Q1 and Q4 (with some exceptions of course).

Last edited:
Top Bottom