• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Started NG+ to see and the outfit I was speaking is not really an outfit seems like. I was thinking I would unlock it.

Also Danjin44 Danjin44 you once post a screen with an outfit and I said it gives Ky Kiske vibe. Which one was it ? I didn't unlock it.
That one you get it in NG+ since it alt color of this outfit….
stellar-blade-black-full-dress-nano-suit.jpg

Had it on my wishlist and was ready to pull the trigger the other day but for some reason i didn't - i'm going through some indies shopping spree lately and i can't decide whether i should keep buying them since most are on sale or if i should just get Stellar Blade
You are verified insane if you buy random indie games over this. This is a true GOTY. It's a definitive PS5 game like Returnal or Demons' Souls.

solidus12

PsTqMCP.png

NxQ5Xm5.png

I swear this game has a ladder problem. There’s that one ladder you can’t reach when you’re inside digger’s factory (managed to cheese it) and there’s another one on top of a building where you have to use a school bus as a platform.

I can’t reach the fucking ladder; been stuck for a good 5 minutes.

Any advice?

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
PsTqMCP.png

NxQ5Xm5.png

I swear this game has a ladder problem. There’s that one ladder you can’t reach when you’re inside digger’s factory (managed to cheese it) and there’s another one on top of a building where you have to use a school bus as a platform.

Any advice?

Digger’s ladder needs double jump or if you didn’t have it yet, jump and press triangle for a jump attack, the jump attack allows early access.

The ladder you’re pointing to with the bus is the exit and you aren’t supposed to climb up that way.

Last edited:
Some of the ladders aren't meant to be accessible because yes they are exits, look around for another way up. The Great Desert has multiple ladders like that.

Inside the Buried Ruins, there are neon signs with big glowing arrows pointing at the ladders are you are supposed to use...

Last edited:
Okay so, the Unidentified Natiba was definitely a step up in difficulty. I actually had to redo some of my gear and change my tactics a bit to get that one down. Oh, I did die fighting that multiple times, so I'm locked out of getting 2 endings now. They really need to patch this game to fix the structure of the last sequence so you literally don't need to play through the whole game 3 times to get all 3 endings if you die to the final 2 bosses.

Also, I clearly am the kind of person that video game tutorials are meant for, I died twice to the insta-kill attack before I realized I had to shoot the balls even though the game highlights the balls with a big !symbol and even throws up a tutorial screen mid-fight that shows Eve shooting the balls 😂

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

First game i jumped into new game plus right after finishing it. I gotta get all the outfits (even if they are just color variations), new skills and shit to level up, plus I ain’t done looking at Eve’s ass.

Difficulty spike at the end is real. Raven was a real pain in the ass. She's designed to basically be impossible to use the basic combo attacks you've been using all game. To defeat her you need to use your Beta and Burst skills effectively, which probably most people really weren't doing all that much up until this point on Normal difficult. Every previous boss, including the Unidentified Naytiba, gave you very generous windows to spam your basic combo. A very interesting, almost puzzle-like fight where your goal was to Perfect Parry and Perfect Dodge everything she threw at you and then use her brief windows when she finishes attack chains to blast her into the next galaxy with Beta and Burst skills.

1 last boss, and supposedly he's a fucking pain in the ass too. I can't wait to be done with this game.......so I can restart in NG+ and catch the last 3 fucking fish GOD FUCK THIS FISH SPAWN RNG

Last edited:
So did this end up actually being good? How does it stack up to DMCV in terms of combat variability?
This game is fucking fantastic, especially considering it's the first console effort ever from this studio

The combat style is a hybrid Dark Souls May Cry type of thing, but the boss fights are pure Soulslike parry and dodge to open windows to counter

If you don't enjoy Soulsborne you won't enjoy this game. It's not like DMC at all when it counts, which is during the boss fights

N30RYU

PsTqMCP.png

NxQ5Xm5.png

Any advice?
Neon signs pointing up

Last edited:
Alright well, done with the game and obtained the True Ending.

As expected, attempting to reload my final current game save does not give me the choice of the other ending. So in order to get the Platinum trophy, I need to play through the game 2 more times. One run can be pretty fast because I can ignore every side quest and rush the story since I actually need Lily Gauge less than 100%, but the other run will be annoying as shit if I choose to do it because that requires Lily Gauge to be 100% which means I have to do all the side quests again before proceeding to the final series of boss fights.

I don't know how much I really want to try and Platinum this, maybe I'll just wait for them to patch the game so getting the remaining endings is less fucking annoying. In the meantime, I can content myself with fishing a bit and then moving on to other games.

Aenima

PsTqMCP.png

NxQ5Xm5.png

Any advice?
The ladder on Digger junkyard is to be reached once you unlock the double jump, just like many other things you cant reach untill u get it. The ladder above the bus is a way down not a way up. The way up as mentioned, is pointed by a purple neon sign close to that location.

Last edited:
Shuhei Yoshida was President of World-Wide Studios from 2008 - 2019
The fact that he visited the studio in 2021 and secured this when it was no longer his job speaks volumes.
We need him back.

Truely, the guy understands the quality and the gaming audience. Sony/Playstation would be thankful for this.
By the news the game is selling like hotcakes in all regions.

Bartski

Gold Member
Alright well, done with the game and obtained the True Ending.

As expected, attempting to reload my final current game save does not give me the choice of the other ending. So in order to get the Platinum trophy, I need to play through the game 2 more times. One run can be pretty fast because I can ignore every side quest and rush the story since I actually need Lily Gauge less than 100%, but the other run will be annoying as shit if I choose to do it because that requires Lily Gauge to be 100% which means I have to do all the side quests again before proceeding to the final series of boss fights.

I don't know how much I really want to try and Platinum this, maybe I'll just wait for them to patch the game so getting the remaining endings is less fucking annoying. In the meantime, I can content myself with fishing a bit and then moving on to other games.
you always had the choice between fighting elder and any other ending based on your Lily meter just by save scuming the final camp...

Top Bottom