• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez on the future of Xbox (rumour)

Isn't Phil Spencer friends with these fanboys like Jez? I can say that what Xbox goes through now is also fault of those fanboys that Phil listens to lol, 101%.

Isn't Phil Spencer friends with these fanboys like Jez? I can say that what Xbox goes through now is also fault of those fanboys that Phil listens to lol, 101%.
I'm not sure he ever really was. Either way, he's cut off all communication with the super fans. Jez also isn't quite in the same group as those super fans that Phil gamed with during the Xbox One gen.

SpokkX

I'm not sure he ever really was. Either way, he's cut off all communication with the super fans. Jez also isn't quite in the same group as those super fans that Phil gamed with during the Xbox One gen.
Jez is a journalist at Windowscentral and definately not in the same camp as the bought fanboys like Colt Eastwood etc.

He has inside contacts at MS so he knows a lot of what is being said internally. In fact the fanboys are often mad at him for reporting truth and bring very critical

Jez is a journalist at Windowscentral and definately not in the same camp as the bought fanboys like Colt Eastwood etc.

He has inside contacts at MS so he knows a lot of what is being said internally. In fact the fanboys are often mad at him for reporting truth and bring very critical
Exactly. Jez is a bit of an annoyingly emotional overreactor, but his info is good, and he wasn't in party chat with Phil and Ybarra like the fanboys were.

SNG32

This isnt 2010 anymore bro. All the young kids are growing using PCs/Laptops since their favorite content creators, influencers and streamers are on PC. Also they love making/editing music, videos, photos etc. for which you need PCs/Laptops.

Gen Z and Alpha are coming from behind with an attachment to both mobile and PCs and the "core" millennial audience that was mostly on console is aging out of gaming, yes slowly but it is getting there.

This mentality of coming from work and not wanting to stay at a desk on pc is so 30, 35, 40+ year old opinion, just cause your son is like that doesnt mean he is not an outlier. PC is the hottest it has ever been, in max 2 gens, consoles are done, except gimmicky stuff like switch. It is a relic of an ecosystem, a closed ecosystem and people desire more from their devices.
It’s true and I don’t blame them. I’m almost 40 and game on pc more than I do consoles. Only think that’s making me keep my ps5 are the exclusives.

Top Bottom