• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outcast: A New Beginning | Review Thread + |OT|

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Was gonna boot this game up till I took it out of the sealed case...

20240407-101958.jpg

Long live physical media.

Ugh that sucks! Just take it back I’m sure they’ll replace it.

I really enjoyed my time with this game and the original. As I replayed the 1999 original again before and after.

I just beat and got the platinum for this game last night.
Don't sleep on it. I think it's a lot more fun than the reviews give it credit for.
There is a demo to try it out, but the demo kinda sucks from what i remember.
You get 32 mods for your pistol and rifle changing up how you want the gun to feel like.
Combining different mods at a time. It's a cool alternative to having tons of weapons to sort through.

Came out at a bad time with rebirth, ronin and stellar blade all around the same time period.
Now I'm shifting my focus to Stellar Blade.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I picked this up the other week, it was on sale for $53, still might be.

It received a patch this last Tuesday that enabled a 40fps mode, also got some HUD updates that people had been asking for, not to mention previous patches that addressed performance issues and whatnot.

I haven't booted it up yet, too occupied with other games but I am really looking forward to playing this. I refuse to believe that it's some trash open world game that "feels dated." Reading blurbs from critical reviews, they may as well have been talking about Horizon or the hundreds of other open world titles that exist. It makes no sense to me why certain games get a pass and then others get roasted. I mean, I know why it happens but it's really lame all the same.

Last edited:
Top Bottom