• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xdefiant gets an official release date May 21st

I hope to God they ban the PC folks who spoof controller as their method of play when they are using mouse and keys…that’s going to ruin the game. Both of these clowns went like 50 kills and 7 deaths this last game. This right here is what will kill the game if they don’t fix it quick. It was a problem with the test sessions, and now it’s popping up in the full release.
5WeSfSv.jpeg
wqjBVyv.jpeg

Maybe you shouldn't 'be sarcastic', since you come off like a dickhead.
Wow, okay buddy. Want to play that game. Your initial post made you sound like a douchebag 🤷‍♂️. Ignored smh

Just to add context (as always sorry about the “light theme”)…this is this clowns initial post…calling out obese teens and then trying to spin this like I’m the bad guy. Poster can F right off and go back to CoD…gaslight much? 🤦‍♂️🤡.

tlevbmj.png

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Wow, okay buddy. Want to play that game. Your initial post made you sound like a douchebag 🤷‍♂️. Ignored smh

Just to add context (as always sorry about the “light theme”…this is this clowns initial post…calling out obese teens and then trying to spin this like I’m the bad guy. Poster can F right off and go back to CoD…gaslight much? 🤦‍♂️🤡.

tlevbmj.png
I'm sorry that you were THIS triggered by me stating that I didn't want to play Ubisoft's new first person shooter. Your behaviour in this thread is absolutely appropriate and definitely isn't evidence of you having some kind of breakdown. And, since I'm ignored, I'm looking forward to you not replying to this message.

ZehDon

Played a couple of rounds last night on PC before it hard crashed. I actually had some fun; Overwatch + COD is an interesting mix. As a pure F2P game though, the grind is fucking real. COD would be tripping over itself to flood my screen with unlocks every sixty seconds. I played maybe an hour, and I don't think I actually unlocked a single thing.

Before I download, does this game have FFA Deathmatch and Gun Game?

I think I’m done with forced team modes in PvP shooters, so I just want to shoot stuff and have fun, the old school way. It’s why I stopped playing The Finals even though I really enjoyed the core mechanics and destruction.

Last edited:
Graphics are bad, gameplay is derivative, tone and style is bizarre and cringe, nostalgia bait with the mashup of franchises instead of creating something new. It feels soulless, corporate, and like they're just checking the boxes.

Also, about checking the boxes, hard not to roll your eyes when looking at the faction characters. Nothing feels more like corporate pandering than having a black woman with vitiligo as the face of Echelon.

Neolombax

Have a pretty good time so far. Coming from MW3, its hard not to miss COD's dopamine rush of "unlocks", you're either unlocking some weapon color, or calling card, or the tons of similar attachments ( MW3 has a shit load of attachments, not that they change things that significantly). Progress is definitely slower in Xdefiant, but that's almost expected from a F2P game.

I like Xdefiant for its simplicity. Maps are fun to play and look at. Since they're pulling from different Ubisoft genre's, I'm fully expecting to have Assassins Creed and Skull and Bones factions/maps in future seasons.

wipeout364

This game slaps
zaiyCDO.png
That’s what will kill this game. The vast majority of players won’t want to be matched up against that and will go back to games that make them feel like they are having fun(including me).

I will say the maps are kind of a nice change from COD not better but a change.

Battle pass and unlocks are way too slow.

Does anybody else feel like the hit detection is off in this game?

This game is a distraction till season 4 of COD hits. I would not choose this over COD, it doesn’t respect my time and almost every match is a blow out where I feel like I’m barely contributing. I hope it succeeds for all the SBMM haters out there since it’s the only game out there without it and I’m sick of hearing all the whining.

Last edited:

DryvBy

I hope to God they ban the PC folks who spoof controller as their method of play when they are using mouse and keys…that’s going to ruin the game. Both of these clowns went like 50 kills and 7 deaths this last game. This right here is what will kill the game if they don’t fix it quick. It was a problem with the test sessions, and now it’s popping up in the full release.
5WeSfSv.jpeg
wqjBVyv.jpeg

I wish crossplay would have a toggle to just remove PC players from crossplay.

This isn't hating on PC, I love my PC. But I hate the people who game on them in random rooms. They cheat or ruin too many sessions.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
That’s what will kill this game. The vast majority of players won’t want to be matched up against that and will go back to games that make them feel like they are having fun(including me).

This game is a distraction till season 4 of COD hits. I would not choose this over COD, it doesn’t respect my time and almost every match is a blow out where I feel like I’m barely contributing. I hope it succeeds for all the SBMM haters out there since it’s the only game out there without it and I’m sick of hearing all the whining.
Yep, that's pretty much my exact thoughts. I'm not very good at FPS games. I enjoy them a lot, but I'm really bad. I don't want to play with people who are a billion times better than me due to their sweaty antics. I want to play with other bullshitters who suck at video games where I don't feel bad for ruining the team, and I don't feel like I'm being punished by the teenager who lives and breathes the game. That asshole in this thread took deep offense at that sentiment for reasons that truly boggle the mind, but what can you do.

I wouldn't choose this over COD either. It's just not fun. At least COD's SBMM makes me feel like I'm not playing against some twitch streamer who I have no chance against.

havoc00

Yep, that's pretty much my exact thoughts. I'm not very good at FPS games. I enjoy them a lot, but I'm really bad. I don't want to play with people who are a billion times better than me due to their sweaty antics. I want to play with other bullshitters who suck at video games where I don't feel bad for ruining the team, and I don't feel like I'm being punished by the teenager who lives and breathes the game. That asshole in this thread took deep offense at that sentiment for reasons that truly boggle the mind, but what can you do.

I wouldn't choose this over COD either. It's just not fun. At least COD's SBMM makes me feel like I'm not playing against some twitch streamer who I have no chance against.
As run and gun as this game feels try to stay back a bit and pick people off

I hope they remove the stupid jumping while shooting BS. You shouldn't be perfectly accurate while jumping like a kangaroo on crack, the netcode is also not that great.
Still having fun though besides the kangaroos and OP sniper rifles lol.

wipeout364

I actually like the game and am having fun. The problem is I don’t see me sticking with it. The abilities are interesting but not enough to really make it feel that different from COD. For me COD just gives a more rewarding experience with better matchmaking. There are times in COD where I just run around with a melee weapon or riot shield for fun. This game I could never do that because you would just get your ass handed to you.

That’s why I never understood the “sweaty” argument from anti SBMM players. My experience with this game is 10 times more “sweaty” then COD. Anti SBMM people don’t understand that SBMM just gives them the experience lower tier players have to live with in a non SBMM environment.

Portugeezer

Graphics are bad, gameplay is derivative, tone and style is bizarre and cringe, nostalgia bait with the mashup of franchises instead of creating something new. It feels soulless, corporate, and like they're just checking the boxes.

Also, about checking the boxes, hard not to roll your eyes when looking at the faction characters. Nothing feels more like corporate pandering than having a black woman with vitiligo as the face of Echelon.
Sounds like Valorant.

Yep that was my thoughts as well. If you are getting double the kills of the next best you should be matched against better people. Nobody likes getting smashed constantly and honestly why would you want to keep smashing people less skilled than you?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yep that was my thoughts as well. If you are getting double the kills of the next best you should be matched against better people. Nobody likes getting smashed constantly and honestly why would you want to keep smashing people less skilled than you?
I don't mind SBMM when done right but for me personally COD swings too wildly in throwing me against great players if I have a few decent maps in a row

When it does that if I still try to sweat my ass off I am lucky if I break even and usually I am just getting wrecked by nuke skin ultra meta players.

I don't mind playing against better players I just don't like a game artificially predetermining what type of gaming experience I am going to have because some suits wants everyone going 1.00 in KD and win ratio

jorgejjvr

I will go back to cod for BO6, treyarch hasnt failed me yet

ParaSeoul

Sounds like a You problem

Top Bottom