• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Reknoc

The idea of Wiggler in a kart is blowing my mind. I've even seen a screen shot and I still can't comprehend it.

Looking forward to it. So, how does community work? Will there be a permanent GAF Community (clan) or do we have to set it up for races by coming on here and planning it out?

Truth101

Banned
Looking forward to it. So, how does community work? Will there be a permanent GAF Community (clan) or do we have to set it up for races by coming on here and planning it out?

It would be permanent, but you can't make any changes to the rules after it is made.

dani_dc

Can't wait, Mario Kart as been one of my favourites series in the last few years.

I subscribe the thought of Daisy being the better princess.

DarkKyo

The idea of Wiggler in a kart is blowing my mind. I've even seen a screen shot and I still can't comprehend it.

It's really weird. His lower body is driving and his upper body is swaying and leaning with his arms out in the air.

Honestly who the hell wants Honey Queen in this game? What a dumb character for Mario Kart. I could maybe see if this was a Wii Mario Kart as Galaxy was a Wii game...

In a months time we need a third alternative banner featuring all the rejected characters. But not being handed a trophy; rather broken down on the way to the venue.

What? She's classified as a heavy character.
So was Waluigi. They must be using BMI since Waluigi is like 8 feet tall if he wasn't suffering from rickets thus it being biased against him. Now Peach becoming Medium (from light) was the more disturbing trend if you ask me*; too many cakes, not enough bowser...unless of course she went on a diet between MK Wii and this entry?

*-Yeah okay she was made Medium because of Baby self took the light position.

Also, there's a huge segment in the credits for Retro Studios - didn't know they were this heavily involved!
As many suspected from the untranslated Iwata asks (which sounded like they pulled Retro aboard when it became apparent reinforcements from the Nintendogs and Cats team wouldn't be enough to get the project done on time and fully figured featured; which took lots by surprise as most assumed the involvement was the DK stage)

Are Communities limited to only VS races or can you battle in them as well?

You can set a logo (pre made ones only), enter a name and description, choose between racing (50, 100, 150CC or Mirror) or the two battle modes and which items are available when racing (All, Shells, Bananas, Mushrooms, Bob-Ombs, None). No individual toggling for each item.

The communities are really more like rooms.

You join a community pre race lobby and can send out pre fabricated messages like the types of "OK!" or "LET'S RACE!". Noone is in charge of the community/room it seems, and I'm guessing the first one to join an empty one is made the operator (handing it down to the next one when he/she leaves).

Avatars are the peoples Miis, but you can race with the Mario gang. When you find people online it looks pretty much like on the Wii, with the globe and everything.

Videos by me:

Menu/title screen music + demo reel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FzTznfHQnI
Character select + DK Jungle and Race Over music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h7vbfWrt6g
Rosalina's Ice World (First Person racing): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ot28eaqQts
Bowser's Castle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8xbHO6eqk8

Coming up: Rainbow Road (which I borked), end celebtrations and the final retro cup. Hooray! Maybe I'll record some online as well.

Also, I'd like to retract my previous Red Shell message. They do indeed follow the track around like in MKDD etc. when you fire it blindly.

Ghost23

I don't know if it has changed, but are there even character weight classes anymore, or does it all depend on the kart they are driving?

Also, thank you FoxHimself for uploading those race clips!

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
You can set a logo (pre made ones only), enter a name and description, choose between racing (50, 100, 150CC or Mirror) or the two battle modes and which items are available when racing (All, Shells, Bananas, Mushrooms, Bob-Ombs, None). No individual toggling for each item.
Thanks.
The item selection and choices aren't as bad as a couple of impressions made them out to be. I mean, yea more choice is good but this is serviceable.

Character select + DK Jungle and Race Over music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h7vbfWrt6g

Amazing, right up there with Wii's Online waiting music.

Madao

another OT? well, it looks like this is the definitive version.

*insert rant about VS mode not being usable in 1p mode*

*insert rant about Waluigi not returning and that he'll return in MK for WiiU*

Rosalina is best blondie. i normally don't like blondes but she has something that i like about her. also, she doesn't get kidnapped every week like peach and doesn't seem to be dumb like her either.

she gave Daisy a run for her money in MKWii since i use them both almost equally. i think i used daisy more because of Time attack. in MKDS, i used her the most by far and in MKDD, i played with her in VS races since Time attack and GP were dominated by lightweights.

let's see which weight class has the advantage here. i'm rooting for the heavyweights.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Friggin' nerds and their love of fat women.

Also, hype!

image.php

DarkWish

Just played a one-on-one coin battle and balloon battle with "Andrè" from California. Coin Battle sucks :mad:

Here's a new video (might be processing still):
Rainbow Road + celebrations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRNYRV0M46I

Some parts in first person. I really messed up on this one :\
Wait... is that a remix of
the N64 rainbow road music
?! Awesome!

EDIT: I should add that the above was also remixed in
the Double Dash rainbow road
. I love that music.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
The Westfield Mall in SF had this at the temporary Nintendo stand. Soooo much fun and looked really fantastic. Now I'm pretty excited for next week.

Chuckpebble

Wow, cockpit view is a total surprise to me, and I like it.

Heh, just remembered about that F-zero message board where every time you typed cockpit it was replaced with penispit.

Top Bottom